ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

[necro]Why are men, no, boys my age so base?

Thread Locked

Posted Jul 29, '14 at 1:44pm

5,030 posts

Making the quote more appropriate for the site:

"If you ran into a jerk in the morning, you ran into a jerk. If you run into jerks all day, you're the jerk."

I'm not much older than you, and I understand the difficulties of finding friends with similar interests, personalities, etc., but the majority of my friends are my age and absolutely the antithesis of base, as it were. In fact, neither are the majority of people are age that I interact with on a daily basis. Most are different from me (as humans are want to be), true, but in no way do simple differences result in my, or your, necessary mental, emotional, moral, etc. superiority.

So chill, bro.

Posted Jul 30, '14 at 11:59am

1,935 posts

Ok, I'm going to take everyone's advice here and attempt to just take it easy. I was pretty upset that day that I made the OP and a few days thereafter. There is another basketball court about 20 miles from where I live, so I am planning to drive a little further instead of putting up with the people at the closer court. The people at the further one are somewhat nicer.
Finally, I apologize if I've offended anyone in this thread here with my reactions.
Most adults that I meet (doctors, dentists, etc..) say that they think that I am very smart and nice (they say those things to my parents and then my parents tell me about it). I frequently overreact here and I seldom take what am I doing seriously here on AG (I make insensitive jokes about certain people, come on too strong, etc...). I have the feeling that if all of you knew me in person, you would be pleasantly surprised. I really should tone it down and realize that with out facial expressions and body language, what I say can be taken entirely the wrong way. So please don't think as a bad person, because I'm not.

Posted Jul 31, '14 at 5:55pm

5,333 posts

"We accept the love that we think we deserve" - Stephen Chbosky
but 1st, accept yourself for who you are.
if you dont accept yourself, then what love do you think you deserve for yourself?
and when you accept yourself, its more easy to find what you look for.

last edited Jul 31 2014 05:58 pm by partydevil

Posted Feb 8, '15 at 8:41pm

6 posts

give them the eye of the Jew, even if you aren't Jewish do it then if they try to start something sucker punch to the balls secures a victory.

Posted Feb 8, '15 at 9:08pm

9,675 posts

This thread...It's almost 7 months old! Please post in threads which are still relevant; necroing is not a pretty sight to see.