ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 93606
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Sean Deane
Bio: Sean was a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen and it was said that once he managed to move rocks of of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Powers: Control of the elements (Avatar style.) Control time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothing:

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

Name: Danwar the unknown
Bioanwar was born an only child,raised in a small remote town in the U.S,
(Specifically,texas.)However,Soon when he was 18,his parents kicked him out of the house with very little education,henceforth making him become a beggar.He was not dumb,however;he had strange exessive knowledge along with an uncanny ability to shapeshift into a creature known as a "dragon".He tries to keep it secret however,Knowing that bad things could happen if he didn't.
He knew very lttle about wwhat happend in between 18 and 26 when he was injured with all the derbis,However...
Looks: Blood red Eyes(with the pupil looking more reptilian than hummanoid),Slightly tanned skin,Small muscles on his arms and legs,
6''5 tall,87 lbs
Powers: Ability to shapeshift into a dragon (And stay that way for up to 3 hours.)
-----
HP: 96/100(slight scrapes from debris)
-----
Clothing:Tattred shirt, Blue jeans with a hole on the left leg,white socks,Blue sneakers

Start:A small tent out in the woods
This good?

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Name: Nivlac
Bio:
Looks: Black hair, light skin, 6ft2 in height
Powers: Can turn invisible but I can't attack anybody while I'm invisible, i can create shrunken out of nowhere that can light people on fire shock them or freeze them.
-----
-----
Clothing: Black ninja outfit

Start: in the forest near a campsite

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

I will try to update your stories as fast as possible!

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Take your time, for a while I thought this was going to be a non-starter.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Bio: Sean was a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen and it was said that once he managed to move rocks of of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Clothing:

As you approach the city, you see lots of abandoned cars on the highway. Many of them are burning. You approach a car (which isn't burning). You notice that the gas tank is nearly full and the key is still in the ignition. You climb in the car and drive towards the city.

(Specifically,texas.)However,Soon when he was 18,his parents kicked him out of the house with very little education,henceforth making him become a beggar.He was not dumb,however;he had strange exessive knowledge along with an uncanny ability to shapeshift into a creature known as a "dragon".He tries to keep it secret however,Knowing that bad things could happen if he didn't.
He knew very lttle about wwhat happend in between 18 and 26 when he was injured with all the derbis,However...
Looks: Blood red Eyes(with the pupil looking more reptilian than hummanoid),Slightly tanned skin,Small muscles on his arms and legs,
6''5 tall,87 lbs
Powers: Ability to shapeshift into a dragon (And stay that way for up to 3 hours.)
-----
-----
Clothing:Tattred shirt, Blue jeans with a hole on the left leg,white socks,Blue sneakers

Start:A small tent out in the woods
This good?
Of course it is, @danwar123.

You wake up and see smoke in the distance. Being the curious self that you are, you pack up your tent and head towards the smoke in the distance. As you reach closer and closer towards the smoke, you notice that the smoke is coming from a city. You are tired, so you stop to rest. An unknown object falls from the sky and knocks you out.

Bio:
Powers: Can turn invisible but I can't attack anybody while I'm invisible, i can create shrunken out of nowhere that can light people on fire shock them or freeze them.
-----
-----

Start: in the forest near a campsite

You wake up to see a man walking towards the edge of the forest. "Hey, where are you going?" you shout. He doesn't reply. You decide to follow him.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Bio: Sean seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack.

I continue to drive into the city. Looking for anyone who needs help.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

6''5 tall,87 lbs
-----
-----

"Ggh!ROAR!"I Grunt and then roar in pain as i drift into unonsiousness.
If i have any thoughts left,I try to gather what just happened.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Bio:
-----
-----

I turn invisible and continue to follow him and try to pick up any clues about who he is.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Bio: Sean seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack.

As you drive into the city, you nearly run over a dead body lying on the road. You stop your car abruptly. You get out of the car to see what happened. The man was carrying a backpack. You take the backpack with you and open it. It contains some food and a .38 revolver. It has 6 rounds in it. Putting the contents back into the bag, you get back in your car and drive off.

6''5 tall,87 lbs
-----
HP: 91/100(slight scrapes from debris) (and -5 points for the unknown object
hitting your head)
-----

As you wake up, you notice the object on the ground, the one that hit you in the head. It is a piece of concrete. A man walks up to you. "Hi, I'm Nivlac," he
says to you. "I'm Danwar," you reply. Nivlac helps you to get on your feet,
and you walk together towards the city.

Bio:
-----
-----

You continue to follow the man onto the highway. All of a sudden, an object comes falling out of the sky and hits the man on the head. You run to see if the man is still breathing. He is breathing, but he is unconscious. After a while, he wakes up. "Hi," you say to him. "I'm Nivlac." "I'm Danwar," he says. You help Danwar to get on his feet, and you walk together towards the city.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I guess I keep driving. (Not giving me many options here. If you are just getting me somewhere just do it in one post.)

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

(Sorry.) You pass by two men walking on the highway. "You want a ride?" you ask them. "Sure," they reply. You finally reach the city. The first building you pass is a 7-11. You exit the car with the two men. You ask them their names. The man with the dent in his head is Danwar, and the other guy is Nivlac. "Danwar, stay with the car," you say. "Nivlac and I will check out the
7-11," you say as you take out your revolver. You open the door of the store, your hand shaking.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

(Sorry, hold on a moment. Do I get no choice in this? This seems that you are just controlling my character. I'm going to give you a little tip, people don't like it when you control their character. Unless the player tells you you can. Otherwise it isn't a good tactic. It constricts the player, making the RP/RPG into a story with no alternate options. Remember my character hasn't spoken to another person in a minimum of 9 years. I'm going to be quiet and cold to other people, not casually talking to them as if I knew them well. Also how does my character know how to drive? Seeing as when he left his village he was 11. I don't like to quit on an RPG and have only done it twice. Both with good reasons. I hope this won't be my third. So can we start before I got into the car, seeing as I wouldn't have done that, and go from there? Just describe the scene around me and let me make my characters decisions, alright?)

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Sorry, Jack. This is my first RPG, you know. I'll remember that next time.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

(Sorry Jack. Here's the edited version of your scene, before the car scene) As you walk on the highway, there are many abandoned cars, some of which are burning.You pass by another car. This car has a full tank of gas and the key is still in the ignition. You pass by that car and keep on walking. After two hours of walking, you finally enter the city. The first building you see is a 7-11. The 7-11 appears to be well-stocked with food.

Showing 1-15 of 502