ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 93607
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Jagatai Khan
Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
Looks: Cropped, dull platinum hair, olive skin, light brown eyes, 6'1", 190 pds
Powers: Weapons proficiency training, endurance training.
-----
Level: 2
XP: 1/15
HP: 56/110
-----
Clothing: ACU Pants, Desert Combat Boots, sand-colored army t-shirt, ACU jacket, ACU Bodyarmor, ACU Helmet
Inventory: Beretta M9 (15/15 9mm rounds)

(They're still there but will slide off after you turn.)

You start firing and cause the soldiers to duck behind any cover available to them giving you time to lock the turret. Before you can get into the Hummer you are shot through the left leg as a sniper shoots through the armor almost easily. You fall into the drivers seat and get it onto the road.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
-----
-----
Clothing: ACU Pants, Desert Combat Boots, sand-colored army t-shirt, ACU jacket, ACU Bodyarmor, ACU Helmet

http://www.comicsandmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/bad-luck-brian.png

I drive as fast I can away from there, and don't look back. I take the second side road I see, wherever that goes.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

Flooring it you hear the rattle of rifle fire bouncing off of your Hummer, nothing gets through though. You head down the road and after a while head off the main road passing no traffic on the way. Two hours later you vision begins to blur. You see that the red patches around the bullet holes have grown substantially. The holes are refusing to clot and your loosing blood. You see a town far off on your left hand side. There is a small dirt track that you turn into. There are plenty of trees, greenery and hedges around that you could hide your Hummer in. The road leads off right, behind a pile of what looks like slag from an old mining operation. The sky dims as night approaches.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

I hide the humvee in the bushes, take off my jacket, and shred it into a makeshift bandage. Once I've done all I can for my wounds, put my armor back on and head to the town.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
HP: 56/110 (Broken arm)
-----

You manage to stem all your wounds however you left arm is still broken and your feeling it now that the adrenalin has had time to thin out. (You are heading into town with the Hummer I assume?)

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
HP: 56/110 (Broken arm)
-----

On foot. As ridiculous as that is.
I break off a branch from a tree, strip the twigs and **** off it, twist pieces of my ripped jacket around it, tying it to my arm, creating a makeshift splint. Aww yiss

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
HP: 64/110 (Broken left arm [makeshift splint])
-----

Walking to the main road you see the town ahead. Doing some calculations you figure it'll be a two hour walk. The splint is awkward and keeps catching on your armor as you walk normally. You walk and walk for an hour *Rolls dice* and nothing happens. Looking up and down the stretch of road you see a vehicle coming toward you from the town. It's a good ways off and will take twenty minuets to get to you if you keep walking. What do you do?

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

Using my magical weapons proficiency, I make an epic longshot straight to the head. Like in Saving Private Ryan.

LOL no. I continue walking towards the town.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

*Rolls dice* Well shi*, you just about killed everybody... You win, the game is over. I jest.

Twenty-three minutes later a rusty pick up pulls up beside you. Two men step out with an AK and a AUG. The driver gets out too but without a weapon, the last man, in the back pulls out a 1911. None of them are aiming at you and they look pretty relaxed, the one still in the truck lights a cigarette and looks at you. The drive looks at you too and then says "Mr. Khan?" He asks.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

"I don't want any trouble, but I'll kill you where you stand if you try to **** with me." I say wearily, posturing with squared shoulders and taking out my pistol with my good hand.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

"If we wanted trouble we would have killed you before you saw us." You see he is wearing a suit while his companions are wearing makeshift armor. "No we are here to collect you and to get you away from the pesky Americans. Also there are three snipers watching us so if we die so do you. Now, care for a ride?" he asks with a relaxed tone.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

"Americans... Hmph..." I grumble, getting into the back of the truck. I close my eyes and try to rest. All this blood loss has probably made me pretty tired.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

You fall asleep to the sight of the third man still smoking. You wake up soon after to the same sight except your inside a warehouse that's using construction lights to keep the whole operation alight. The place is bustling with people, all who are armed with a verity of weapons and uniforms. The suited man comes around the back and spreads his arms wide and smiles, "What do you think of my little business?" Sitting up you see the warehouse is filled with the noise of grinders and welders as you notice there are a lot of vehicles that seem to be being repaired. The smell of oil seeps toward you as if it were a friendly dog curious to meet a new person. There is a second floor at the back of the warehouse that seem to be just as busy as the workshop below. Behind you are a group of men closing the huge iron door.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

I get up, holstering my weapon.
"Aren't you just a chipper little thing." I glance around, looking for the biggest gun in sight.
"What can I do for you?"

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

"How can a man not be happy with an empire at his feet." He says with what you now know to be his permanent smile. You see at least four 50. cal's at the far end of the warehouse that are on the ground. As you look around you see a mounted 20mm on an edited flatbed. "You can help me out, please lets talk in my office." He says as he heads toward the stairs to the second floor.

Showing 136-150 of 502