ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 93608
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Jagatai Khan
Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
Looks: Cropped, dull platinum hair, olive skin, light brown eyes, 6'1", 190 pds
Powers: Weapons proficiency training, endurance training.
-----
Level: 2
XP: 1/15
HP: 105/110 (Broken arm [casted])
-----
Clothing: Desert Combat Boots, ACU pants, ACU Jacket
Inventory: Beretta M9 (15/15 9mm rounds)

His pace and stature don't change as he listens to you. "Teams or solo." He asks quickly. Your back into the workhouse, just as busy as it was when you arrive the first time, some of the vehicles have moved around but some have gone all together, half the work areas are empty as far as you can see.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
-----
-----

"I prefer having a few good men watching my back than none." I take note of where and what the vehicles are.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

You notice about fifteen pickups all getting work done, they are different makes and models, all without licence-plates. Some are getting their bumpers replaced with bull-bars and other iron structures, others are getting 50. cals on there rear. You notice a hummer get pulled in the front door. You recognize it as the one you stole from the depot. As you climb the stares Max turns around suddenly and stairs at you for a moment before asking, "What's your position in killing civvies?"

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

"Civilians pose no threat to anyone at any time, until they become militant. At that point, they are no longer civilians, but active combatants. I will not kill innocents."

I stare coldly into his eyes until he looks away out of discomfort or necessity.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

"Fair enough." He says without concern as he continues back upstairs and into his office.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

I follow him, sizing him up.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

When you get to the offices you see that he's about 6 foot and just around 140 pounds. As you walk through the offices you notice there are less people around up here, still busy but not as much as before. Walking past the water-cooler you see a red-head wearing a tight-fitting blue suit with black high heels. She gives you an odd look with her brilliant blue eyes and walks away, showing off her shapely rear. He gets to his office and opens the door, waiting for you to enter first.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

"http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/6d/6d355777188dd7e1d1b339b5ed1c8a29147fd3ad23650f51b8ad3df868532677.jpg"
I remark, casually, entering the door.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

"Hm? Oh her, that's Carolina. Don't even bother." He says sitting down in his armchair behind the desk. "Now. I have an assignment for you. The pay is alright. Your target is a bunker North of here. Couple of miles out. You'll be with a team of three others. Newbies to the game like you. Think of it like a test. You interested?" He asks as he drinks from his already filled glass.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

I choke after a long swig from my empty glass. "'Newbies like me?'" I regain my composure after a chortle of laughter.
"How many enemies are in the bunker, what equipment do I have access to, and do you want all the enemies thoroughly deceased?"

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

"Yes just like you." He says as he drains his glass with a straight face.
"Unknown. What do you need?" He looks to and smiles, "Very very deceased."

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

"Unknown amount of tangos, but you need them all dead. They're inside a bunker. I've got a bum arm. I'll need a Glock 18, I can show you how to modify it to equip a belt feed. I'll need a good little backpack drum mag for that. Some modified gas grenades, some frags or incendiaries.... Bunkers are easy to clear out. Toss some lit white phosphorous in, cover the entrance.... Don't know why you need four guys. I'm guessing you're more of a businessman than a tactician."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

"Did I say how big the bunker was, or even what kind of troops you'll be facing? No I did not. Plus that bum arm is fine. Practically good as new. Trust me four is the right number to make the most profit."

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

(I sat here for 15 minutes trying to think of an even reply to this guy)

I quickly draw my pistol, pulling the hammer back and switching off the safety in one motion.

"Learn your place, you scrawny little upstart."

I fire into his face, and keep pulling the trigger until I hit him, all while moving closer to him. Then I jump over his desk, push his body to the floor, and take his place.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

(You can't solve everything with bullets you know :P)

You fire and his head and you see the bullet go through his skill but his skull is fine. As you jump across the table you attempt to grab him but your hand moves through him. You stumble and fall to the floor. As you hit the floor you hear the door burst open and something else hitting the floor. You look to your side just in time to hear the door closing and a grenade roll in front of you. You don't have anytime to do anything because your blinded by a bright light and a defend by a huge bang. You curl up on the floor trying to escape the pain. You feel something sinking into your arm and everything fades to darkness.

Showing 181-195 of 502