ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 93928
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Lance Valentino
Bio: Lance is a security contractor for Academi, trained in weapons and tactics. He served two tours in the middle east; the first in Iraq and the second in Afghanistan. He came back, became a contractor, and continued in that field until he won the lottery. With that money he invested in the stock market, did some impersonations, made some powerful suggestions, and got rich. He retired to a small castle in Romania, where he tinkers with robots and collects weapons and ammunition, occasionally descending to the village below to grocery shop.
Looks: Close shaved haircut, Afghanis-tanned skin, 6'1, 180 pounds, well-toned
Powers: Soul control, shapeshifting.
-----
-----
Clothing:

(A little vain are we? :P Also what is the extent of your shapeshifting? And does your character know of these powers?)

You wake up in a tiny bedroom barely large enough to fit the bed itself. The door out is shut. Looking around you see your clothes hanging on a chair in front of an equally naked female. Her white skin contrasts the dark room and the black covers she has over her. Her brown curly hair falls over her face so you can't see it. You see her chest swell and deflate rhythmically. The world outside is unusually quiet. Your hair begins to raise on your skin and you get the feeling that something isn't quite right.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

Bio: Lance is a security contractor for Academi, trained in weapons and tactics. He served two tours in the middle east; the first in Iraq and the second in Afghanistan. He came back, became a contractor, and continued in that field until he won the lottery. With that money he invested in the stock market, did some impersonations, made some powerful suggestions, and got rich. He retired to a small castle in Romania, where he tinkers with robots and collects weapons and ammunition, occasionally descending to the village below to grocery shop.
-----
-----
Clothing:

(I can imitate things, but it takes practice to perfect them. But I can draw matter from around me to become things that are larger than myself)

I reach for my clothes, and check if the door is unlocked.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----
Clothing:

(Interesting.)

You grab your clothes and stick them on. (Fill that in, I assume you have a suit of something but I don't know.)

As you grab the door handle and push it outward, it swings and comes off it's hinges. Outside where you expected a small hallway, you see the town in ruins. Fires are burning everywhere, houses have simply disappeared. As you scan the horizon you see one fall before your very eyes. The idyllic paradise that you called home has fallen into dust. Suddenly your hearing returns, you didn't notice it was gone, and you are battered by noise, screams, burning fires, gunfire, crumbling buildings. You smell it then, the smell of cooked flesh, you note that it smells of pork oddly.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----
Clothing: Grey Checkered boxers, tan crocs, wine-red smoking robe, white silk v-neck t-shirt

I look for my castle on the mountaintop, and wake up the girl.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----
Clothing: Grey Checkered boxers, tan crocs, wine-red smoking robe, white silk v-neck t-shirt

You can't see your castle from here, it must be behind the house. You move over to her and as you shake her her head lolls backward and you see twin bloodlines from her eyes. You can't tell how but you know she's dead.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

I scout around the room for some kinda of weapon. If I find nothing, I try to shapeshift into a ****roach.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

You search the room coming across the woman's thrown clothing all around the room. As you open a wardrobe to search for god knows what you her a melodic voice behind you. "Ah your awake... And going through my... Clothing... What exactly are you doing?" You turn around to see the woman sitting up in bed and wiping her eyes, tutting at the blood she wipes away.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

I smile brightly, "Oh just the usual, rummaging for guns. I collect, you know, and things are going to **** outside. You've got a little something right there...." I point at a bit of blood she missed near her tear duct.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

She pulls the covers up to her face and wipes away the blood and scowls again, as if the blood has insulted her personally. "This is happening more and more frequently..." She says more to herself then anything. She freezes for a moment and looks to you, "How do you mean s***?" Worry painting her face.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

"I mean everyone is at Mayor ****'s mansion," I say, my voice dripping with sarcasm. "I mean everyone's dead and the village is burning. We've got to get going to my castle to prepare a counterstrike to whatever this is."

"And could you stop switching between being alive and dead? It's really messing with my longterm abilities to plan."

I make my way towards the door, bringing to mind what the alien from AVP looked like, and drawing matter around me to shift into that form.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

"Okay, jeez calm yourself Mr. High and mighty." She says clearly not caring for your tone.

"I don't think I've ever been dead before, so I can't keep switching when I never switched before!"

She starts to get dressed as you leave. You move out to the wasteland that was the town changing form. As you take in your surroundings she exits and looks at you. "Why are you all dressed up like that? You look like a twat." She says breezing by you, barely acknowledging the death and destruction around her. She's wearing suede black boots with skinny jeans and a baggy blue jumper. "So now what?" She asks looking at you.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

(I assume you know what alien I'm talking about, but if not
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080210185457/aliens/images/a/aa/Predalien.jpg

I stare at her, looking down at myself, wondering why I'm not completely alien. Once I finish morphing, I slither off towards my castle.

"I don't know about what you're gonna do, but I'm going home."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

(No I know, and so does she, she just thinks that makes you look like a twat :P)

"Well hold on there, don't you want to see if we can save some people?" She asks shocked.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

"Doesn't do much good if we're dead. You can play nursemaid if you want, I've got better plans."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

"But we need to stick together, who knows how long this will last! The more people we have the better our chances of survival! Have you no empathy? Have you no hart? Or are you the cold B****** that everybody says you are?" She asks anger clear in her voice and expressions.

Showing 211-225 of 502