ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 93837
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

Name: Lance Valentino
Bio: Lance is a security contractor for Academi, trained in weapons and tactics. He served two tours in the middle east; the first in Iraq and the second in Afghanistan. He came back, became a contractor, and continued in that field until he won the lottery. With that money he invested in the stock market, did some impersonations, made some powerful suggestions, and got rich. He retired to a small castle in Romania, where he tinkers with robots and collects weapons and ammunition, occasionally descending to the village below to grocery shop.
Looks: Close shaved haircut, Afghanis-tanned skin, 6'1, 180 pounds, well-toned
Powers: Soul control, shapeshifting.
-----
XP: 7/10
HP: 50/100
-----
Clothing: Green underwear,(all matte black) Dainese Manis Armored Jacket, Dainese Manis Back protector, Dainese hybrid neck brace, Dainese Kit J E1 knee guards, sarkar WRC900g gloves, sarkar ATLAS shin guards, sarkar ATV (advanced tactical vest), PREDATOR FAST G4 ballistic mask, Rabintex ACH-1 Ballistic Helmet, sarkar Nomex assault jumpsuit
Inventory: Steyr Scout 10/50, Steyr ACR 24/96, Hogue Avenger 7/70
Partner: Sabena/Sab, Pancor Jackhammer 10/58, 1911's x2 7/70, LSW 30/300

"No, guards. If they offer no resistance to my demands, give them my sincerest apologies. Feed and clothe them, and give them all baths. You guys need a good cleaning as well. Make sure the armory is well-protected, and keep on the task of finding the infiltrator."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Bio: Lance is a security contractor for Academi, trained in weapons and tactics. He served two tours in the middle east; the first in Iraq and the second in Afghanistan. He came back, became a contractor, and continued in that field until he won the lottery. With that money he invested in the stock market, did some impersonations, made some powerful suggestions, and got rich. He retired to a small castle in Romania, where he tinkers with robots and collects weapons and ammunition, occasionally descending to the village below to grocery shop.
-----
-----
Clothing: Green underwear,(all matte black) Dainese Manis Armored Jacket, Dainese Manis Back protector, Dainese hybrid neck brace, Dainese Kit J E1 knee guards, sarkar WRC900g gloves, sarkar ATLAS shin guards, sarkar ATV (advanced tactical vest), PREDATOR FAST G4 ballistic mask, Rabintex ACH-1 Ballistic Helmet, sarkar Nomex assault jumpsuit

Sir. they say in that monotonous voice. What of refusal? One asks. Clean priority or people priority? They all say. You see four of them trundle off toward the armory to beef up defenses there.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

"People. If they refuse, execute them. Then get cleaned up." I move off to the command room to see what's going on.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

The rest of you're bots wander back into town. Entering the command room you are confronted by many monitors, some cycling between shots of the mansion, others cycling around the town and others still are the view of you're attack bots helm cams. You see a myriad of things; you're repair bots scrambling all over the castle fixing walls and the castle itself. You see you're attack bots roaming the castle for the American. You're soldiers are walking through the town undisturbed for now. You can select any of the three to follow exclusively or you can leave the cameras as they are in a general state. (Information extravaganza on offer here, something will happen after you're choice so you can only watch one of the four options. Choose wisely.)

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

I secure the door to the command room, clear it for any potential hostiles, then focus my attention on the manhunt. The maintenance bots know what they're doing (for the most part), and the patrol seems safe.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

(I assume you mean for the American right?)

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

(No, for the french chef who burned my toast. Jesus. I told you my opinion on the two other options.)

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Name: Sean Deane
Bio: Sean came from a town where guns were more common then cars. He seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Powers: Control of the elements (Avatar style.) Control time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level: 2
XP: 3/10
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

"About 200, 300 people," she says.

Name: Allan Lindo
Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: Black hair, 'Asian' eyes, scar on his left cheek, 5'11'' , tanned brown skin, wears 'cool-looking' prescription glasses. (I updated my looks sheet.)
Powers: Enhanced intelligence, ability to work with both hands (ambidextrous)
Clothing: Khaki pants, plaid button-up shirt, work boots.
Inventory: AR15, (300/30 5.56 ammo), Remington 700 (200/5 .308 ammo), Glock 19 (suppressed) (7/0 9 mm ammo)
Partner: Max
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (200/10 .308 ammo), Barrett M82 (90/10 .50 BMG), Mossberg 500 (100/3 12 ga. shotgun shells)

"Or we could always drive there and explain why we killed their men." I say. "It probably was just a simple misunderstanding. But we should bring guns just in case."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

the patrol
You weren't clear if it was the patrol in the house or the patrol around town.

-----
-----

All the other screens go blank for a moment before changing to a permanent angle. The cameras wobble a little as you're bots trundle along. You see the town in pieces, houses in bits, fires still burning bright, bodies strewn along the road. Two of the cameras move along and go down alleyways, searching. To the left of you one of the cameras blacks out, you see that gray static that's on old televisions. All the other cameras freeze and begin to turn, another camera goes before anything else. The others begin scanning for a target. Three screens flare up with heavy weapons fire as they shoot at, something. Eventually all of the remaining units have formed up and are constantly scanning. Sir, deadly contact established, requesting retreat to be approved. They are completely still, waiting either to move on with the patrol or to retreat.

Name: Sean Deane
Bio: Sean came from a town where guns were more common then cars. He seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Powers: Control of the elements (Avatar style.) Control time.
XP: 3/10
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

"Wow." I say as I move outside to see if the doc has returned.

Name: Allan Lindo
Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: Black hair, 'Asian' eyes, scar on his left cheek, 5'11'' , tanned brown skin, wears 'cool-looking' prescription glasses. (I updated my looks sheet.)
Powers: Enhanced intelligence, ability to work with both hands (ambidextrous)
Clothing: Khaki pants, plaid button-up shirt, work boots.
Inventory: AR15, (300/30 5.56 ammo), Remington 700 (200/5 .308 ammo), Glock 19 (suppressed) (7/0 9 mm ammo)
Partner: Max
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (200/10 .308 ammo), Barrett M82 (90/10 .50 BMG), Mossberg 500 (100/3 12 ga. shotgun shells)

"I think they are going to blow our heads off but come on then." Max says getting into the passengers seat, "Get on with it."
Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

focus my attention on the manhunt.

I'll just chalk this up to miss-communication.

-----
-----

"No retreat, it looks like a sniper, who'll pick you off as you run, so get indoors and away from windows. Reinforcements will arrive as soon as I can pull them from the garrison. What did you engage?"

I check how many guards I have available.
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

focus my attention on the manhunt.

I'll just chalk this up to miss-communication.
Manhunt could be take either way, but yes lets.

-----
-----

Sir, our targeting wetware informed us of the target being inside our line of sight. They say moving into the surrounding houses. Four go left into a single story shop and take up positions at the front and back door. The remaining six enter another two story shop on the right, forming up on the front, side and back entrance. The cameras show nothing out of the ordinary. Orders Sir?

You have ten bots on the ground.

I check how many guards I have available.
Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

"Your face, bruh! No, but seriously, watch out for invisible people and snipers. Five bucks says it's an invisible person. Or a ghost with an army and grenades. Split into two groups of three and one group of four. I'll try and send our local militia over, once they get their **** together."

I contact the butler. "Jeeves, would you be a dear and check on our resident lady?"

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

Sir, our call logs state you have yet to order the movement of extra troops to our location. They say as they move into their groups. Would you like us to forward our position to the reinforcements?

You get no response from Jeeves.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name:Jan Ruesink
Bio:Amnesia
Looks:Albino,Black Hair
Powers:Reading mind,if someone wants to attack him he can detect it like Spiderman(works not so good with bullets)
-----
HP: 80/100(he has wounds,unknown from what)
-----
Clothing:Jeans,Blue shirt.
Inventory: N/A

(Alright just fill in whatever you're character had on him, wallet, phone, keys, that sort of thing. Also would you prefer myself or apldeap123 to run you're story?)

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name:Jan Ruesink
Bio:Amnesia
Looks:Albino,Black Hair
Powers:Reading mind,if someone wants to attack him he can detect it like Spiderman(works not so good with bullets)
-----
HP: 80/100 (fractured right collar bone)
-----
Clothing:Jeans,Blue shirt.
Inventory: wallet with $10

(How gruesome do you want this to be? I can make it very PG if you wish or I can make it as nasty as you feel comfortable with.)

Waking up you see that the red brick building you were shopping in is now just a bunch of half walls with broken bricks and ceiling parts all over the place. Some of the shelving has somehow managed to survive. Under some of the wreckage you can see some severed limbs. The electricity is sparking and you notice that there is a wet feeling at you're legs. You now notice how close the bare electrical wires are to the puddle under you.

Showing 376-390 of 502