ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 93922
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Sean Deane
Bio: Sean came from a town where guns were more common then cars. He seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Powers: Control of the elements (Avatar style.) Control time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level: 2
XP: 3/10
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

"Yup!"

Name: Allan Lindo
Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: Black hair, 'Asian' eyes, scar on his left cheek, 5'11'' , tanned brown skin, wears 'cool-looking' prescription glasses. (I updated my looks sheet.)
Powers: Enhanced intelligence, ability to work with both hands (ambidextrous)
Clothing: Khaki pants, plaid button-up shirt, work boots.
Inventory: M4A1 (300/30 5.56 ammo), Serbu Super Shorty (200/2 12 ga. shells), Beretta 92FS Inox (150/15 9x19 ammo), S&W Model 686 4 inch barrel (60/6 .357 ammo), Folding knife (8 inch blade)
Partner: Max
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (200/10 .308 ammo), Barrett M82 (190/10 .50 BMG), Mossberg 500 (100/3 12 ga. shotgun shells)

A few minuets later you enter the city near you and can see a giant walled complex. Max pipes up, "There is the compound, you can leave me off here." He points to a nearby five story building on the left, "There should do it."

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Bio: Sean came from a town where guns were more common then cars. He seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

"You go over there," the man grumbles, pointing to the section of the wall where there is only a few men desperately trying to hold back the zombie horde from storming it.

Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: Black hair, 'Asian' eyes, scar on his left cheek, 5'11'' , tanned brown skin, wears 'cool-looking' prescription glasses. (I updated my looks sheet.)
Inventory: M4A1 (300/30 5.56 ammo), Serbu Super Shorty (200/2 12 ga. shells), Beretta 92FS Inox (150/15 9x19 ammo), S&W Model 686 4 inch barrel (60/6 .357 ammo), Folding knife (8 inch blade)
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (200/10 .308 ammo), Barrett M82 (190/10 .50 BMG), Mossberg 500 (100/3 12 ga. shotgun shells)

"Woo boy," I said. "Alright then," I mumble to Max. "I'll see you later."
'That is, if I even make it out alive.' I whisper to myself.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I rush over to the wall, putting my weapons away and about five feet behind the men I slam my hands into the earth. Feeling the strata and the rock formations I pull with all my might raising a wall of stone to ensure the zombies don't breach the wall.

Getting out of the can Max leans in, "Still sure about this?" He asks.

Name:Jan Ruesink
Bio:Amnesia
Looks:Albino,Black Hair
Powers:Reading mind,if someone wants to attack him he can detect it like Spiderman(works not so good with bullets)
-----
HP: 80/100 (fractured collar bone)
-----
Clothing:Jeans,Blue shirt.

You feel like you are moving through treacle but you jump out of the water and onto a slightly raised platform. As you land you see the puddle lighting up with electricity as the cable slides into it. Looking around you see most of the buildings are in ruin like the one you are in. You see one or two buildings that are more together then others. You hear you're stomach growl at you and you wonder how long you were knocked out for.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Powers:Reading mind,if someone wants to attack him he can detect it like Spiderman(works not so good with bullets)
-----
-----

You search around the shop for what little remains. You find some tinned food but the labels are destroyed, a whole refrigerator seems to be intact, milk, water and assorted juices are stacked on the shelf. You also happen upon the bread counter full of today's finest. As you search you can see that the storage area of the shop must have been better built then the rest because it's still standing fairly intact. What food do you take from here or will you search the storage area?

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

As you near the storage area you hear a small whimper, following the noise leads you to a man wearing a base ball cap. His arm is stuck under a piece of roofing, his free hand is covered in blood, looking closer you see he was trying to claw his arm off. Now you see a shard of glass in that same hand. Time slows again as the shard is being brought down on his arm, you could stop him, as this thought passes through your brain space you see how terrified the man looks.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"Whoa! What was that?" a man yells, dazed. He turns around and looks at you. "Keep shooting at 'em!"

"Let's see if we can reason out with them," I say. "I'll apologize, say that it was a mistake and that we had no intention of killing their men."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Move back, move back!" I yell as I start to draw the heat from the surrounding area into myself.

"See you on the other side then." Max says as he heads toward the building. After a few minuets you hear a radio squawk in the back seat. "You there?" It's Max.

-----
-----

Speaking brings time back to it's regular pace, the man barely hesitates as he starts stabbing at his arm, blood begins to spurt everywhere. You realize that he's trying to cut off his own arm. He makes no noise and only grunts with effort.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

His arm is stuck under a piece of roofing Ahem...

-----
-----

Arterial blood sprays you as he continues to cut into his arm.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"What the-" The man hasn't a clue to what you are doing.

"Yep," I say. I speak into the walkie-talkie. "Where am I supposed to go?"

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"GET OUT OF THE WAY!" I bellow as I rush forward releasing the heat in a burst of flame toward the zombies.

"Eh... Keep going along the road you're on and you'll come to a road-block turn right there and then left and then head down that street and you'll come to a gate. That's the entrance to the camp."

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

Name: Lance Valentino
Bio: Lance is a security contractor for Academi, trained in weapons and tactics. He served two tours in the middle east; the first in Iraq and the second in Afghanistan. He came back, became a contractor, and continued in that field until he won the lottery. With that money he invested in the stock market, did some impersonations, made some powerful suggestions, and got rich. He retired to a small castle in Romania, where he tinkers with robots and collects weapons and ammunition, occasionally descending to the village below to grocery shop.
Looks: Close shaved haircut, Afghanis-tanned skin, 6'1, 180 pounds, well-toned
Powers: Soul control, shapeshifting.
-----
XP: 7/10
HP: 50/100
-----
Clothing: Green underwear,(all matte black) Dainese Manis Armored Jacket, Dainese Manis Back protector, Dainese hybrid neck brace, Dainese Kit J E1 knee guards, sarkar WRC900g gloves, sarkar ATLAS shin guards, sarkar ATV (advanced tactical vest), PREDATOR FAST G4 ballistic mask, Rabintex ACH-1 Ballistic Helmet, sarkar Nomex assault jumpsuit
Inventory: Steyr Scout 10/50, Steyr ACR 24/96, Hogue Avenger 7/70
Partner: Sabena/Sab, Pancor Jackhammer 10/58, 1911's x2 7/70, LSW 30/300

"When I find out what's going on, and who made it happen, I'm going to tell him what a cheap, lying, no good, rotten floor-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless hopeless, heartless, fat-***, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped worm-headed, sack of monkey **** he is!"

I carefully and quickly make my way to the lieutenant's quarters, weapon raised.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Lance Valentino
Bio: Lance is a security contractor for Academi, trained in weapons and tactics. He served two tours in the middle east; the first in Iraq and the second in Afghanistan. He came back, became a contractor, and continued in that field until he won the lottery. With that money he invested in the stock market, did some impersonations, made some powerful suggestions, and got rich. He retired to a small castle in Romania, where he tinkers with robots and collects weapons and ammunition, occasionally descending to the village below to grocery shop.
Looks: Close shaved haircut, Afghanis-tanned skin, 6'1, 180 pounds, well-toned
Powers: Soul control, shapeshifting.
-----
XP: 7/10
HP: 50/100
-----
Clothing: Green underwear,(all matte black) Dainese Manis Armored Jacket, Dainese Manis Back protector, Dainese hybrid neck brace, Dainese Kit J E1 knee guards, sarkar WRC900g gloves, sarkar ATLAS shin guards, sarkar ATV (advanced tactical vest), PREDATOR FAST G4 ballistic mask, Rabintex ACH-1 Ballistic Helmet, sarkar Nomex assault jumpsuit
Inventory: Steyr Scout 10/50, Steyr ACR 24/96, Hogue Avenger 7/70
Partner: Sabena/Sab, Pancor Jackhammer 10/58, 1911's x2 7/70, LSW 30/300

You rush to the stairs before you hear the booming of rifles, multiple guns, your guard. At the top of the stairs you see the bots slowly moving along the corridor blowing the heck out of what ever is in front of them, you see Sab behind them with ear protectors on ordering them to hold fire.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

You shout and call at him but it's like he's in his own bubble of consciousness. He continues to hack at his arm, you can see the bone amid the torn flesh and blood, he's losing a lot of blood. The sound of the glass hitting the bone is like a deep clonking noise and as the shard moves free you can hear it scraping along the bone, tearing flesh as it goes. You look around but realize there is no point reasoning with him, only action can save him. You try to read his mind but it's a mess, he's snapped, mind broken, his will is fully bent toward freeing his arm... Anyway he can.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

With your great reflexes you manage the feet, you hear the glass shatter outside. The man continues to stab even though his implement is gone, he doesn't even seem to notice as blood pools around his body. He is clearly in severe shock. You look around for anything that could bandage the wound, searching the stock room you come across a pile of medicine, plenty of bandages and first aid kits, a thought crosses your mind, you could take all this medicine for yourself, stash it somewhere and keep it... There are plenty of bottles of piles as well but you'll need to pick them up to read the label.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

(There are literally piles of stuff you need to be a little more specific in what you take.)

Showing 406-420 of 502