ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 93905
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Name: Jagatai Khan
Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
Looks: Cropped, dull platinum hair, olive skin, light brown eyes, 6'1", 190 pds
Powers: Weapons proficiency training, endurance training.
-----
-----
Clothing: ACU Pants, Desert Combat Boots, sand-colored army t-shirt, ACU jacket, ACU Bodyarmor, ACU Helmet
Inventory: M4A1 (120 5.56 rounds) Barrett M9 (45 9mm rounds)

"I'll make it quick, sir!" I sprint and get my equipment, then board the truck with the other soldiers.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
-----
-----
Clothing: ACU Pants, Desert Combat Boots, sand-colored army t-shirt, ACU jacket, ACU Bodyarmor, ACU Helmet

You arrive at Carson City with your brigade. Everywhere, cars are overturned and are burning. Trash and debris are littered everywhere in the street. Ahead of you, you see a herd of people holding signs and are shouting and are hurling objects at the police, who are barely managing restraining the crowd. "Let's get ready to keep the peace here," your officer shouts.

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

-----
-----

I jump off the truck and move with my squad to support the police.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Sean Deane
Bio: Sean seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Powers: Control of the elements (Avatar style.) Control time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack.

(Much better. Thank you.)

I look around for the body that goes with the limb.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

Name: Danwar the unknown
Bioanwar was born an only child,raised in a small remote town in the U.S,
(Specifically,texas.)However,Soon when he was 18,his parents kicked him out of the house with very little education,henceforth making him become a beggar.He was not dumb,however;he had strange exessive knowledge along with an uncanny ability to shapeshift into a creature known as a "dragon".He tries to keep it secret however,Knowing that bad things could happen if he didn't.
He knew very lttle about wwhat happend in between 18 and 26 when he was injured with all the derbis,However...
Looks: Blood red Eyes(with the pupil looking more reptilian than hummanoid),Slightly tanned skin,Small muscles on his arms and legs,
6''5 tall,87 lbs
Powers: Ability to shapeshift into a dragon (And stay that way for up to 3 hours.)
-----
HP: 91/100(slight scrapes from debris) (and -5 points for the unknown object
hitting your head)
-----
Clothing:Tattred shirt, Blue jeans with a hole on the left leg,white socks,Blue sneakers

I skip the area were i was an ai and into the current time.

(sry to confuse YOU,but idc if i miss stuff or not.Atleast,in AG form RPGs.)

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

-----
-----

As you get off the truck, you see a man standing on a fountain. "Sir, please
get down from the fountain," a police officer shouts. "*bleep* America!" the man shouts. The man then pulls out a pistol and starts shooting at the crowd. People are screaming as they duck for cover.

Bio: Sean seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack.

(Much better. Thank you.)

As you search for the body, you see a trail of blood coming from the severed arm. It leads into the apartment building.

Name: John Steel
Bio: I was a regular high school student. I had a best friend, a crush that most likely never would have happened, and a C+ average. I was average at gym class, and okay at math. The only thing I really exceeded at was my English class. Then all the mayhem started. How in the world did I sleep through it all.
Looks: Medium Hair(Brown), Blue eyes, slightly muscular, little scratches on hands from my childhood.
Powers: Can shoot a small beam of light that will burn things if close enough(Practically touching), and can create a small ball of light to light a passage, but the ball won't move with me.
-----
-----
Clothing: Black t-shirt, Blue jeans, black shoes.

You hear a crashing sound, then footsteps. It's coming from upstairs. You then hear a voice. "Let's get out of here. We got enough stuff."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Looking around for anything out of place I move toward the apartment.

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

-----
-----
Inventory: M4A1 (90/28 5.56 rounds) Barrett M9 (30/15 9mm rounds)

I quickly shoot two rounds into his legs, careful not to hit the bones. I quickly turn the safety on, sling the gun over my should, and tackle the man as he goes down.

(I subtracted the ammo from my inventory.)

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----
Inventory: M4A1 (90/28 5.56 rounds) Barrett M9 (30/15 9mm rounds)

One round hits his right leg and he falls while the other misses and hits the fountain. After you land on top of him he begins shouting at you and tries to shake you off. He manages to get a dig into your ribs. The policeman jumps at the shots and pulls his gun on the both of you. His face shows that he was going to start cursing at you but he sees the uniform, "Get him on his stomach and I'll handcuff him."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: John Steel
Bio: I was a regular high school student. I had a best friend, a crush that most likely never would have happened, and a C+ average. I was average at gym class, and okay at math. The only thing I really exceeded at was my English class. Then all the mayhem started. How in the world did I sleep through it all.
Looks: Medium Hair(Brown), Blue eyes, slightly muscular, little scratches on hands from my childhood.
Powers: Can shoot a small beam of light that will burn things if close enough(Practically touching), and can create a small ball of light to light a passage, but the ball won't move with me.
-----
-----
Clothing: Black t-shirt, Blue jeans, black shoes.

You then hear a different voice, slightly lower pitch, "No the stuff is here and I know it!" The first voice responds firmly, "There is no-" The rest is lost as you hear more crashing noises from upstairs. You hear the crunch of boots slowly moving behind you.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

As you enter the apartment, the lobby is in shambles. Blood is everywhere. There are fragments of glass and bullet casings lying on the floor. You then see a body lying on the floor of the lobby. It is missing an arm. All of a sudden, the body wakes up. It turns around and sees you. It growls as it shambles towards you. It appears to be a zombie. On the floor near you there is a Merriam-Webster's large print dictionary, a Swiss Army knife, and a revolver with only one round in the cylinder. Which do you use to kill the zombie?

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Startled I nearly topple over but remain standing. I quickly grab the nearest thing to throw at the zombie, which happens to be the dictionary. Aiming for the face I throw it at the zombie, realizing how ineffective that probably was I grab both the knife and the gun, keeping the gun in my left hand and the knife in my right I hope to stab him in the neck if he doesn't die from that I aim the revolver at his skill and fire.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

(You mean skull, right?) The bullet hits the zombie in the temple, causing it to collapse. (What do you do next?)

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Name: Allan Lindo
Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: black hair, scar on his left cheek, 5'11''.
Powers: Enhanced intelligence, ability to work with both hands (ambidextrous)
Clothing: Khaki pants, plaid button-up shirt, work boots.

I start off at my mansion (Fort Knox).

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

(Indeed I do) I search his body for anything useful.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Allan Lindo
Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: black hair, scar on his left cheek, 5'11''.
Powers: Enhanced intelligence, ability to work with both hands (ambidextrous)
Clothing: Khaki pants, plaid button-up shirt, work boots.

You are awoken by the soft daylight that is filtering through your bedroom window. Another day in the shelter. What do you do?

Showing 31-45 of 502