ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 93601
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Name: Allan Lindo
Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: black hair, scar on his left cheek, 5'11''.
Powers: Enhanced intelligence, ability to work with both hands (ambidextrous)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothing: Khaki pants, plaid button-up shirt, work boots.
Inventory: AR15, (300/30 5.56 ammo), Remington 700 (200/5 .308 ammo)
Partner: Max
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (200/10 .308 ammo), Barrett M82 (100/10 .50 BMG), Mossberg 500 (100/5 12 ga. shotgun shells)

I switch my gun from a Remington to a Barrett .50 cal rifle. I run back to my side of the hallway (man, a .50 cal sure is heavy) and position myself. I aim my gun and fire at the last truck.

Name: Sean Deane
Bio: Sean seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Powers: Control of the elements (Avatar style.) Control time.
Level: 2
XP: 1/10 (Added 11 xp to you.)
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

(Whoops, sorry.)

As you walk, you see a figure sauntering towards you.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Jagatai Khan
Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
Looks: Cropped, dull platinum hair, olive skin, light brown eyes, 6'1", 190 pds
Powers: Weapons proficiency training, endurance training.
-----
HP: 74/100
-----
Clothing: ACU Pants, Desert Combat Boots, sand-colored army t-shirt, ACU jacket, ACU Bodyarmor, ACU Helmet
Inventory: Beretta M9 (30/8 9mm rounds)

(Oops...)

You open the hatch and hear people shouting "He's in the tank!", "Move-back! Move-back! Move-back!" As you turn the ignition you hear... nothing. Nothing happens. No lights turn on and none of the systems fire up.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Allan Lindo
Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: black hair, scar on his left cheek, 5'11''.
Powers: Enhanced intelligence, ability to work with both hands (ambidextrous)
Clothing: Khaki pants, plaid button-up shirt, work boots.
Inventory: AR15, (300/30 5.56 ammo), Remington 700 (200/5 .308 ammo)
Partner: Max
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (200/10 .308 ammo), Barrett M82 (100/10 .50 BMG), Mossberg 500 (100/5 12 ga. shotgun shells)

You fire off round after round toward the pickup. Your shoulder begins to ache from the recoil. Your smart enough to fire for the tires but your rounds slam into thick iron. Penetrating through and bursting the tire. It keeps rolling and the .50 cal fires up. Rounds begin to pummel into the windows around you and Max. There is no way to look out the window without being shot to shreds. You hear the pick-up stop, the 50. cal is too loud to hear much else.

Name: Sean Deane
Bio: Sean seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Powers: Control of the elements (Avatar style.) Control time.
XP: 1/10
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

(Woop woop!)

I draw my shotgun and my revolver. "Who goes there?" I call out.

Myskybluecap
Myskybluecap
16 posts
Nomad

Name: Arcea
Bio:Amnesia
Looks: White hair,white skin,wears a black coat.
Powers:Fire and Wind Manipulation

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
-----
-----
Clothing: ACU Pants, Desert Combat Boots, sand-colored army t-shirt, ACU jacket, ACU Bodyarmor, ACU Helmet

I search around for a medkit, and a tank shell. I can still cause some serious damage.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Arcea
Bio: Amnesia
Looks: White hair,white skin,wears a black coat.
Powers: Fire and Wind Manipulation
----
----
Clothing:
Inventory:

Just fill in the clothing and whatever your character has on him now.

-----
-----

The added light shows you the stark reality that the tank is empty. Most of the systems seem to be mid-repair or completely out of service, you can't quite tell. You see that there are a few oily rags around and a tool box filled with spanners, hammers, lug-wrenches, etc.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

Well sh*t. I crawl out of the tank, pistol drawn.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

Looking out you see four brave/foolish men who have decided to sneak up on the possible active tank, you can't see any other soldiers. They have their rifles pointed toward the ground as they approach. You manage to react before them as they slowly realize what your doing.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

I shoot each one once, one at a time, as quickly as I can, then empty the rest of my clip into them.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
HP: 70/100
-----
Inventory: Beretta M9 (22/8 9mm rounds)

You manage to kill two of them with a single shot, two in the head. As you fall you shoot one in the left arm, severing an artery causing blood to spurt out onto the ground, however he doesn't notice as the adrenalin kicks him in the back of the head and he starts shooting before he's raised his weapon causing him to fire wildly and a stray hits you in the chest winding you. You empty your clip into the last two as you struggle for breath.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
HP: 70/100
-----
Inventory: Beretta M9 (15/15 9mm rounds)

I reload, trying to catch my breath, desperately crawling towards their weapons.

(y u no give xp?!)
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/006/y-u-no-guy.jpg

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
XP: 1/15
HP: 70/110
-----

(I'm not sure of the xp scheme here so I'll just make up my own.)

(I'm also unsure about the level up scheme so I'll just make my own.)

Training yourself so hard before is now paying off as you catch your breath within seconds. Crawling toward the nearest rifle, a M-16, you see a glint in your peripheral vision. (Hint: An entire brigade is on foot outside the base with rifles and snipers, you have yet to hear any vehicles arriving though...)

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
HP: 70/110
-----

I pick it up, finish off any survivors, climb into the driver's seat of the HUMVEE with the turret, turn it on, and switch 3rd gear. As the HUMVEE starts moving forward, I get up to the gun as quickly as I can.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
HP: 62/110
-----

The four men on the ground are now very dead. As you move from the entrance you see at least twenty soldiers outside waiting for you to come out. Some of them begin firing on you, before you can jump into the Hummer you get shot in the back twice making you slip up before you get in. Hitting your shin on the bottom of the door frame you stumble inside. Fumbling for a moment allows the soldiers outside to gather themselves and get into position and begin firing on you. Luckily the Hummer has thick enough armor to stop most of the rounds. The Hummer slowly begins moving out of the shed as you get yourself positioned on the gun. Seeing out of the shed and looking left confirms the amount of soldiers outside, 23 in all. No armor has managed to roll up yet. There is nothing on your right except open road.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
HP: 62/110
-----

Well I'm no longer in control of the HUMVEE, I just let it drift where it will. I start spraying anything that moves with the .50 MG, jamming an empty clip in front of the trigger to keep it firing after I let go. I slide down into the HUMVEE, and steer the probably-careening truck towards the road, keep my head as low as I can.

Are my other weapons still on the roof of the vehicle or have they fallen off yet?

Showing 121-135 of 502