ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

518 23598
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,670 posts

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 518 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,526 posts

Name: Jagatai Khan
Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
Looks: Cropped, dull platinum hair, olive skin, light brown eyes, 6'1", 190 pds
Powers: Weapons proficiency training, endurance training.
-----
HP: 74/100
-----
Clothing: ACU Pants, Desert Combat Boots, sand-colored army t-shirt, ACU jacket, ACU Bodyarmor, ACU Helmet
Inventory: Beretta M9 (30/8 9mm rounds)

Looking out you see four brave/foolish men who have decided to sneak up on the possible active tank, you can't see any other soldiers. They have their rifles pointed toward the ground as they approach. You manage to react before them as they slowly realize what your doing.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts

Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
-----
HP: 74/100
-----
Clothing: ACU Pants, Desert Combat Boots, sand-colored army t-shirt, ACU jacket, ACU Bodyarmor, ACU Helmet
Inventory: Beretta M9 (30/8 9mm rounds)

I shoot each one once, one at a time, as quickly as I can, then empty the rest of my clip into them.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,526 posts

-----
HP: 70/100
-----
Inventory: Beretta M9 (22/8 9mm rounds)

You manage to kill two of them with a single shot, two in the head. As you fall you shoot one in the left arm, severing an artery causing blood to spurt out onto the ground, however he doesn't notice as the adrenalin kicks him in the back of the head and he starts shooting before he's raised his weapon causing him to fire wildly and a stray hits you in the chest winding you. You empty your clip into the last two as you struggle for breath.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts

-----
HP: 70/100
-----
Inventory: Beretta M9 (15/15 9mm rounds)

I reload, trying to catch my breath, desperately crawling towards their weapons.

(y u no give xp?!)
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/006/y-u-no-guy.jpg

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,526 posts

-----
Level: 2
XP: 1/15
HP: 70/110
-----

(I'm not sure of the xp scheme here so I'll just make up my own.)

(I'm also unsure about the level up scheme so I'll just make my own.)

Training yourself so hard before is now paying off as you catch your breath within seconds. Crawling toward the nearest rifle, a M-16, you see a glint in your peripheral vision. (Hint: An entire brigade is on foot outside the base with rifles and snipers, you have yet to hear any vehicles arriving though...)

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts

-----
HP: 70/110
-----

I pick it up, finish off any survivors, climb into the driver's seat of the HUMVEE with the turret, turn it on, and switch 3rd gear. As the HUMVEE starts moving forward, I get up to the gun as quickly as I can.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,526 posts

-----
HP: 62/110
-----

The four men on the ground are now very dead. As you move from the entrance you see at least twenty soldiers outside waiting for you to come out. Some of them begin firing on you, before you can jump into the Hummer you get shot in the back twice making you slip up before you get in. Hitting your shin on the bottom of the door frame you stumble inside. Fumbling for a moment allows the soldiers outside to gather themselves and get into position and begin firing on you. Luckily the Hummer has thick enough armor to stop most of the rounds. The Hummer slowly begins moving out of the shed as you get yourself positioned on the gun. Seeing out of the shed and looking left confirms the amount of soldiers outside, 23 in all. No armor has managed to roll up yet. There is nothing on your right except open road.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts

-----
HP: 62/110
-----

Well I'm no longer in control of the HUMVEE, I just let it drift where it will. I start spraying anything that moves with the .50 MG, jamming an empty clip in front of the trigger to keep it firing after I let go. I slide down into the HUMVEE, and steer the probably-careening truck towards the road, keep my head as low as I can.

Are my other weapons still on the roof of the vehicle or have they fallen off yet?

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,526 posts

-----
HP: 56/110
-----

(They're still there but will slide off after you turn.)

You start firing and cause the soldiers to duck behind any cover available to them giving you time to lock the turret. Before you can get into the Hummer you are shot through the left leg as a sniper shoots through the armor almost easily. You fall into the drivers seat and get it onto the road.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts

-----
-----

http://www.comicsandmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/bad-luck-brian.png

I drive as fast I can away from there, and don't look back. I take the second side road I see, wherever that goes.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,526 posts

-----
-----

Flooring it you hear the rattle of rifle fire bouncing off of your Hummer, nothing gets through though. You head down the road and after a while head off the main road passing no traffic on the way. Two hours later you vision begins to blur. You see that the red patches around the bullet holes have grown substantially. The holes are refusing to clot and your loosing blood. You see a town far off on your left hand side. There is a small dirt track that you turn into. There are plenty of trees, greenery and hedges around that you could hide your Hummer in. The road leads off right, behind a pile of what looks like slag from an old mining operation. The sky dims as night approaches.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts

-----
-----

I hide the humvee in the bushes, take off my jacket, and shred it into a makeshift bandage. Once I've done all I can for my wounds, put my armor back on and head to the town.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,526 posts

-----
HP: 56/110 (Broken arm)
-----

You manage to stem all your wounds however you left arm is still broken and your feeling it now that the adrenalin has had time to thin out. (You are heading into town with the Hummer I assume?)

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts

-----
HP: 56/110 (Broken arm)
-----

On foot. As ridiculous as that is.
I break off a branch from a tree, strip the twigs and **** off it, twist pieces of my ripped jacket around it, tying it to my arm, creating a makeshift splint. Aww yiss

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,526 posts

-----
HP: 64/110 (Broken left arm [makeshift splint])
-----

Walking to the main road you see the town ahead. Doing some calculations you figure it'll be a two hour walk. The splint is awkward and keeps catching on your armor as you walk normally. You walk and walk for an hour *Rolls dice* and nothing happens. Looking up and down the stretch of road you see a vehicle coming toward you from the town. It's a good ways off and will take twenty minuets to get to you if you keep walking. What do you do?

Showing 136-150 of 518