ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 93814
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

Name: Jagatai Khan
Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
Looks: Cropped, dull platinum hair, olive skin, light brown eyes, 6'1", 190 pds
Powers: Weapons proficiency training, endurance training.
-----
Level: 2
XP: 1/15
HP: 64/110 (Broken left arm [makeshift splint])
-----
Clothing: ACU Pants, Desert Combat Boots, sand-colored army t-shirt, ACU jacket, ACU Bodyarmor, ACU Helmet
Inventory: Beretta M9 (15/15 9mm rounds)

"Of course, and I'll assume you want my sidearm as a show of good faith on my part" I say, taking out my pistol to give to the guards while following him. "and I'll be needing medical care before I can do any real damage, unless you want me for my..... expertise."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
-----
-----
Clothing: ACU Pants, Desert Combat Boots, sand-colored army t-shirt, ACU jacket, ACU Bodyarmor, ACU Helmet

You hear him say something i another language, it was too quick for you to catch but the guard hands you back your gun after saluting, "Trust is earned not given, earn it." You see his smile fade as he says it but it's back again as he climbs the stairs, "We will talk upstairs."

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

I holster my weapon and follow him, examining my surroundings. Are there any explosives that could be potentially set off by a firefight or an artillery strike?

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

From where you are you can see no ordnance in the warehouse besides what the soldiers are using for their rifles. As you climb the stares you realize that the operation has more people then you first thought, there are at least a battalion load of people working and guarding the workshop. As you get to the top you see the door swing open as the suited man comes close. Inside it looks like a regular office, lots of cubicles with people bustling about, if you didn't know where you were you could have guessed that this place was in the middle of New York. You see a man and a woman hanging around the water cooler chatting but they quickly scamper away as the suited man walks past them. You follow him through what seems to be the main hallway for a bit and then you come to a wooden door, mahogany if you were to guess, at the end of the hall. There are three men outside the room with AK's and heavy body armor, you notice on one set of armor there seems to have been a flag filed off the shoulder some red seems to have stayed. "Sir!" They say in unison as the salute the suited man salutes back casually and one of the men open the door that leads you into an impressively large and decorated room. Animal skins are draped on the floor there are white statues around the sides of the room and many paintings cover the wall. You notice something when the door closes... Silence, besides the click of the suited mans shoes there isn't a sound to hear. He turns on an old record player and you hear the tinkling of a piano wafting from the player. At the back of the room you see an impractically large desk with a swivel chair in front of it and a large leather wing-back behind the desk. "Sit." He says in a friendly manner as hi indicates to a couch that is off to one side of the room, he sits in a recliner and pours himself some whisky from a clear bottle. You don't recognize the label. "Care for a dram of the good stuff?" He asks as he indicates the bottle to you and waits for your response.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

I chuckle disarmingly. "If you want to drug me, all you have to do is offer." I sit on the couch, and sit back in a relaxed manner. "But I am not here to keep you company, am I. What can I do for you, Mr....?" I pause to let him introduce himself.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

"To bad, it's a good year." He says as he takes a swig from the bottle, ignoring your claim. "So you like to get straight to business then? Good I like a man who gets things done. It's what we do here." He says completely ignoring your subtle request for his name. "Simple as, I want to hire you." He says as he takes another swig from the bottle, he offers it to you again with a raised eyebrow.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

I tilt my head to the side, staring at him incredulously.
"Your name, SIR." I ask the question as more of a statement, stressing the last word as if it spit it in his face.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

"Now that wasn't even a question. You can call me Max."

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

"Okay, Max. I've got a few bullet holes and a broken arm, but as soon as we've got that cleared up, I'm willing to do just about anything short of bombing civilians with chemical weapons."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

He looks at you for a second and just begins to laugh. "Chem-Chemical, hehehehe, did you say chemical weapons? No, we're more specific then that, sometimes a little more, sometimes a lot more. But I'm glad to see you are so enthusiastic about your new job. However there will be a short debriefing, just to see who you'll be paired with. Come on, lets get you to our hospital." He says as he gets up, "You want a drink before you go? You might see a few blown up guys. Ah I'm sure your used to it." He says as he drains the bottle and places it on the table. He gets to the door and waits for you to go first.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

I give him a dour smile, and step outside, following him to the hospital to get fixed up.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

You follow him back through the hall and back into the workshop. He leads you out the back instead of the front and you see this place is a lot bigger then your thought. Coming outside you see the sun setting, leaving the sky a brilliant orange. Looking around you see training grounds and firing ranges, as well as breaching buildings. About three minuets later you come to a gun-metal grey building with satellite dishes on the top of it. The exterior is rough and ragged but inside, well it seems to be in better condition then any hospital you've ever been in. There isn't much activity and many of the beds remain unoccupied, but the beds that have people in them vary from minor stitching to limbless soldiers in comas. Max stops a chatting doctor and tells him about your condition but before your hassled into a room you see Max stop into the closest soldier, a man covered in wet red bandages. You can't tell if he stays for a moment or longer because the door closes and the doctor gets you sitting into bed. "So you'll need to take off your clothing before I can do anything. Would you rather I step outside or do you mind? I can get a nurse in here to assist you if you require assistance."

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----
Clothing: Birthday suit

I reach under a flap on my chestplate and pull the emergency extraction flap, and the armor falls away. I find scissors or a knife or a scalpel and cut away the part of my acu around the broken limb, and take the rest of my clothes off, laying my pistol and pistol ammo on something nearby.
"I'm fine. Fix me up, doc."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

You place your gun down and the doctor just looks at you for a second before getting to work. Grabbing something that looks and feels like solidified gelatin. "Stick this between your teeth." He says as he hands it to you before heading into a side room.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

Sounds like this is going to hurt. I put it in between my teeth, and await the royal screwing I'm probably about to receive.

Showing 151-165 of 502