ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 93603
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Sean Deane
Bio: Sean seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Powers: Control of the elements (Avatar style.) Control time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

I scavenge their guns and items. Once I finish I move over to each spike and retract them into the ground one at a time. I gather them into a pile and pause for a moment. Then, spreading my hands out I gather my breath and steady my heart-rate. I then punch the air in front of me to create friction. Gathering the heat from that friction I shoot a jet of flame at the pile. I continue the jet until the bodies are burning under their own "fuel".

Name: Allan Lindo
Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: black hair, scar on his left cheek, 5'11''.
Powers: Enhanced intelligence, ability to work with both hands (ambidextrous)
Clothing: Khaki pants, plaid button-up shirt, work boots.
Inventory: AR15, (300/30 5.56 ammo), Remington 700 (200/5 .308 ammo)
Partner: Max
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (180/10 .308 ammo), Remington 700 (200/5 .308 ammo), Mossberg 500 (100/5 12 ga. shotgun shells)

He keeps firing while you point the gun to his head, casings flying out of the loader. "What the F are you talking about!" He shouts as he loads a new clip into his gun. "If you don't want to die keep firing!" He shouts as he unloads his new mag.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

Name: Jagatai Khan
Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
Looks: Cropped, dull platinum hair, olive skin, light brown eyes, 6'1", 190 pds
Powers: Weapons proficiency training, endurance training.
-----
-----
Clothing: ACU Pants, Desert Combat Boots, sand-colored army t-shirt, ACU jacket, ACU Bodyarmor, ACU Helmet
Inventory: m249 (200/63 5.56 rounds) M4A1 (grenade launcher (180/30 5.56 rounds) Beretta M9 (30/8 9mm rounds)

I grab my weapon, set it against the lighter HUMVEE, and check on the radio status.

"See if you can get a message through. I hope at least Central still has control of the situation on their end. A lot of people don't really understand the situation well. In the meantime, I need you guys to lock this place down, and help reload the .50 to the LAV? Unless you've got a lot of diesel and a way to jack that tank up and replace the tread. Mobility isn't an issue. As far as I know, the deserters aren't too widespread or organized. As to the nature of the infection, all I know is that it's a brain infection that takes out violence and anger inhibitions. Shot one down myself. Pulled a gun on a crowd of it's own. It seems the infection was in the water supply. Fortunately, my squad's HUMVEE had a flat on the way there, and we only got there for the last part of the day we were deployed. God.... (I pause and shudder for effect) ...It was horrible to see." I go to the .50 and start unpinning it from the rack it's attached to.

"The water table could be infected for at least 100 mile radius. You guys get your water from an outside, purified source, right?"

I've got to milk this infection for everything it's worth, but I stay ready to gun them down.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (180/10 .308 ammo), Remington 700 (200/5 .308 ammo), Mossberg 500 (100/5 12 ga. shotgun shells)

"That's the thing!" I shout. "It's not going through. Their trucks are ARMOR-PLATED!"

Bio: Sean seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

A few minutes pass. Eventually, all of the bodies are nothing but mounds of ashes. (Keep walking?)

Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
-----
-----
Clothing: ACU Pants, Desert Combat Boots, sand-colored army t-shirt, ACU jacket, ACU Bodyarmor, ACU Helmet
Inventory: m249 (200/63 5.56 rounds) M4A1 (grenade launcher (180/30 5.56 rounds) Beretta M9 (30/8 9mm rounds)

(Wait, wait,....Your character is also one of the infected?)

As you reload the machine gun, you see a group of people out in the distance. One of them turns their head and sees your group. They start running towards you, but the others don't seem to notice them.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (200/10 .308 ammo), Remington 700 (180/5 .308 ammo), Mossberg 500 (100/5 12 ga. shotgun shells)

He looks directly at and simply says "Then get a bigger gun." He turns away from you and continues to fire, you hear a faint popping noise, then a louder shriek of metal buckling against metal. Looking outside you see the first pickup mid front flip, thanks to your enhanced intelligence you notice that underneath all the armor they are GMC sierras (http://www.t-online.de/auto/neuheiten/nutzfahrzeuge/id_43774852/tid_embedded/sid_45031104/si_0/gmc-sierra-all-terrain-hd-konzept-.). You see the first sierra pitch forward and fall onto its roof, the one behind it didn't react fast enough and plowed right into it, sending both of them off the path. The third, however, doesn't even slow down and speeds past its fallen brethren. "Gah!" You hear beside you as you see Max unjamming the rifle he's using.

Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

(No xp for that?)

I keep walking, shouldering the bag onto my shoulder.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

(I was lying my *** off. I didn't even know there was an infection.)

"Boys, we got incoming. Could be one of the infected. Unless you feel like gunning down that group of them, I suggest we gang up and use melee to shred the ****er. Get your combat knives out. I didn't get issued one so I'll cover you from here with the MG, in case things go to ****."

I grab my SAW and hop down into the gun position.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

Grant has gone pale white, a bottle is slowly pouring onto the ground. His hands are shaking and his eyes are wide. The other man sees Grant pancaking and rushes over. "Grant! Grant! Focus on me mate! Come on!" He slaps him across the face snapping him out of his shock. Grant looks to the leader. You hear the radio click off and his rifles safety click off. "Men surround Mr. Khan. Command says they don't have any information on an infection but they Had heard of a rogue soldier. Killed three of his men. In our sector. Grant ready your weapon, you too Mullins." Mullins raises his weapon almost immediately, however Grant seems to still be in a daze. The shouting outside has intensified and has become audible. "Quick he went in here!" "That B******! I'm going to kill him!"

(If you want me to make things easier just say so.)

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

I'm already in the .50 mg. I gun down the leader and other man with it and my SAW, which is currently propped by the mag next to the 50. I try to take advantage of Grant's daze.
"GRANT! GET YOUR **** TOGETHER! Your buddies were infected! Did you drink ANY local water?!"
I get my sights on the approaching men, and put my M4's grenade launcher in their direction, too.

(easy is for little girls and elmo)

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

Grant nods grimly before sticking his rifle into mouth and firing. Blood explodes from the back of his skull, covering the depot in a haze of red. The men start firing on you now, one shot goes clean through your upper left arm.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

"HOLY **** THAT HURTS!!"

I use the grenade launcher first, firing into the their point of highest concentration. I try to move my left arm to check for breaks, while using my right to pull the trigger on the .50 cal, spraying lead at anyone who isn't knocked down by the blast.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

The grenade soars through the air and lands beside three men with rifles, they are lost to the explosion. You rip through another six men before they are all behind cover and unreachable from your position atop the hummer. You don't even see where the shot comes from but another hit's you in the lower part of your right arm, shattering both bones. Your vision begins to blur.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

Crap. Sniper. I leave both my main weapons, and get to and inside the tank as fast as possible. Once inside, I bolt the hatch, and look for ammunition for the main gun. And a medkit.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

As you seal the hatch the last of the light entering the tank disappears. You are now in total darkness, unable to see your hand in front of your face. You can't see any ammo nor a med pack. You hear muffled shouts.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----
Inventory: Beretta M9 (30/8 9mm rounds)

If I'm not mistaken, the M1 Abrams is equipped with a small viewport just behind the driver's hatch.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/22/M1_Abrams-TUSK.svg
You can't always poke your head out in the middle of a firefight. It would allow some light in, or at least enough for me to find the starter.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

The viewport is covered with a tarp. Also remember how there is a tread missing?

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----
Inventory: Beretta M9 (30/8 9mm rounds)

I don't care too much about the tread. I open the hatch again, but only long enough to find the starter and turn on the lights. After that, I close it.

(Shouldn't you update my health?)

Showing 106-120 of 502