ForumsThe TavernShould there be a nature category?

11 5270
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

The name pretty much says it. It might be a little to specific for a category but it isn't a terrible idea. Whenever anybody has something about nature to say that doesn't really fit under World events, politics, Religion, ETC category it's usually gonna end up here in the the Tavern. Have a category about pets, different species, plants, landscapes. Like I said it may be a little to specific but it isn't a horrible idea, right? Would anyone else like to have a nature category? If so is there a chance that this could become a thing?

• 11 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I think it is too specific for the forum structure we currently have. And many nature threads would also fit well in the current sections, like WEPR for nature stuff that has global ecological implications, for example.

But I wonder, what kind of threads, according to you, would fit better in a separate 'Nature' section than in a current section? Any examples of an existing thread, or any idea how such a thread would look like?

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I would totally support this idea.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I like the idea of new forum sections, but I haven't seen enough nature threads for a new section to make sense. Enough people have to be interested in it, or else there wouldn't be new topics as often as there should be.

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Yah Hahiha pretty much covered it. It's a little bit too specific and there aren't really enough threads about nature to make it viable. Still not the worst idea ever.

marialuiza
marialuiza
3 posts
Nomad

that was really very covering for it

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I like this!

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

Oh, an specification. I like this idea, this must be implemented !

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Has anyone else considered this? FishPreferred, Kasic, HahiHa and MageGrayWolf are some of the more active users in WEPR. If any of you have an opinion on the matter, I'd like to hear it. Maybe WEPR just needs to be renamed?..

(@ symbols removed)

Yes. I was thinking that the P should be made to represent philosophy, rather than politics, as philosophy covers a vast array of topics, and because most political discussions relate to world events anyway.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

If any of you have an opinion on the matter, I'd like to hear it. Maybe WEPR just needs to be renamed?..

WEPR doesn't need to be renamed. But I get your point and I sort of like the idea of having an additional category for the more philosophical and theoretical discussions. The question then is, would religion-based topics stay in WEPR, or have to be moved to that new category? I don't think it would make sense to split religion into the more philosophical and the more mundane aspects.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

4chan has a better shot of getting a /weather/ section than a nature section popping up in here

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Well I geuss a logic section makes more *Puts on sweet shades* Logical sense. But really though I think some new categories could easily be benificial to the site. As well new categories may attract more people to create threads that they otherwise would not as they would seem out of place.

Showing 1-11 of 11