ForumsGamesI really want a AG console.

12 2826
sugarbean
sugarbean
81 posts
Nomad

So, I was thinking that AG could do a kickstarter or something and get money to develop a operation system that allows you to play AG games. It could be in a small console, (this is flash games, not AAA titles) so you wouldn't need really powerful stuff.
It could also be able to go onto forums and chat, as well as browse community profiles.
That would be awesome.

• 12 Replies
gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

What would the console be able to do that a regular computer could not?

sugarbean
sugarbean
81 posts
Nomad

@gh0sts

Exclusives, cool stuff like that?
I mean, AG could make a lot if they participated with devs to make DLC for games -
Multiplayer for Armor Mayhem (first one)? I don't care the price, if other people will play, I will pay.

unique quests, that can only be unlocked from the console.

The ability to customize things about your HUD on the main page, that would be cool.
(kind of like changing your background like you were able to on the old youtube channel page)

The ability for @R2D21999 to spam poisonous cookies everywhere?
Gimmie!

I'm sure people are more creative than me and can think of something.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I will only buy the console if that spamming poisonous cookie thing would be on it.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

There is absolutely no need for a console.

Exclusives, cool stuff like that?

This could easily be done just on the AG site. At most, AG could make a program similar to Steam. A console or even just an OS is ridiculous.

The ability to customize things about your HUD on the main page, that would be cool.

Could be done on an AG client.
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Your thinking about it all wrong Sugarbean. Look there are some advantages that consoles have over PC but those aren't Viable in this example. I actually had a great idea for a console that I don't really want to share because the idea could easily be stolen. The general idea for me was to create the best value for retro games. So the way it would work is that you buy the console and a sponsered thumb drive (The closest thing I could think of to a cartridge) The sponsor will create a list of games for there thumb drive. You could connect to the internet and friend people or redeem tokens (Points earned through quests that allow you to buy free games and console accessories. If I were able to make this I would try get the Armor Games brand on it but if I couldn't, well you know.

KillaX77
KillaX77
10 posts
Shepherd

An AG console would be awesome! Valve did it with the Steam Machine!

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

It would probably be easier to make a deal with Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo and just offer AG games, for free, on the the the respective consoles' market places. If any of the current or last gen consoles offer web browsing that supports flash, then AG games may already be playable on consoles (if there aren't compatibility issues).

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

AG console?

You mean...like..a computer?

sugarbean
sugarbean
81 posts
Nomad

@everyone replying :
(I hope this isn't a real person, if it is, sorry m8.)

I just really wanted a spam poisonous cookie button.....

*shrinks to corner*

But really, I think if AG did something like the steambox, but made it

LIMITED EDITION

And only 500 or so were made, they would be bought pretty quickly, yes?

@pangtongshu
Now your thinking with hydroplanes!

@killaX77
That's exactly what I thought.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

it's nice that you're coming up with ideas, but AG imo wont have a budget to market an actual console without tonnnnns of donations and help, and even then it probably wouldnt sell too much. and alot of the games here are also on androis/iphone app store. but like the admin said, maybe at some point ag can get a deal with sony/nintendo/microsoft and offer ag games for free to play and that would help bring more members to this site.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

If there was an AG console, I would most definitely buy it. But sadly, like Drink said

but AG imo wont have a budget to market an actual console without tonnnnns of donations and help
There probably will never be one, sadly enough. I would completely agree if AG was pulling in the money that console developers make. Ubisoft makes $130,000,000 a year. For a single publisher of a game, they would earn $10,833,333 per month, $2,708,333 per week or $541,666.67 per day. I am quite sure that Armor Games employees won't make that kind of Bank for a very long time.
espadaxin2
espadaxin2
485 posts
Blacksmith

People like you are the reason the gaming industry is going downhill.

Showing 1-12 of 12