ForumsPopular MediaHey ArmorGames, what shows do you watch?

51 22617
Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

I'm never able to talk to people... and I finally figured out why. I have nothing to talk about. When I listen to people, they often talk about a few things - School, sports, movies, and shows. I can sometimes carry out conversations about school, but not when they're a completely different age group than me. So I figured shows would be both enjoyable for me and useful for socializing.

So, what shows do you watch? I'm making a list for myself.

• 51 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I recently started on the Twilight Zone (Seasons 1-4), none of the newer stuff, just what Rod Sterling threw out in the 50s, 60s.

Pretty great...they have a different way of doing it in the past.

Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

@Crickster

but other than that most shows i watch has already been said.

Please! Say them again. I want to see which ones are popular and which ones are not.

...and I'm now addicted to Game of Thrones. Pretty great show. Finished the first season already.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

You could watch Blackadder. Top Gear as well (UK version only, the American hosts are horrible).

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Top Gear as well (UK version only, the American hosts are horrible).

Given that the UK hosts are racist misogynists, what are the US hosts like?
minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

Well i think it depends on the likes you have with the versions i kinda dont watch Top Gear anymore but i never felt like version matters

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

what are the US hosts like?

Last I watched, boring, lame, almost completely scripted, bad actors and usually the best things they do the British came up with (the BMW 10series).

~Manly
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Given that the UK hosts are racist misogynists, what are the US hosts like?

Boring, lifeless dullards. Bah, I don't think Hammond or James are twats, just Clarkson. James is nice.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

The Big Bang Theory
Storage Wars
Pawn Stars
Duck Dynasty
Person of Interest
Family Guy
The Simpsons*

*C'mon how could I not put on some episodes while they're playing every single one haha...

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Breaking Bad was fantastic, and I'm looking forward to Better Call Saul, but I don't actually do a whole lot of couch surfing myself. I do watch a whoooooole lot of anime online, though.

Among my favorites are:

Cowboy Bebop
Fooly Cooly
Eureka Seven
Dennou Coil
The Big-O
Psycho-Pass
Serial Experiments Lain
Ergo Proxy
Another
Kanatagatari
Paranoia Agent
Paprika
Ghost in the Shell / Innocence / associated episodic AUs
and of course pretty much everything Ghibli, though I haven't been through all of it yet

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

iZombie
Cult (ended)
WWE - Raw (ok, technically this counts as sport...)
Xena (ended)
Dragon Ball Z (ended)
Sora No Otoshimono (has english dub, ended this year)

---------

Although they SUX like nothing else, these tv-series are watched for social purpose currently by many (although they rly stink):

Dexter
Game of Thrones
Psycho (maybe)
Hannibal (maybe)

----------

Either way, here is a list of shows for 2014 to choose your own:
http://www.imdb.com/search/title?title_type=tv_series

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Although they SUX like nothing else

No no no. Although I have never seen any of the listed shows, I assure you that Castle sucks like absolutely nothing else. It is #1 on the list of shows I hate the most, it's a list of 1 (or 2 depending on certain things) because nothing compares to the extreme stupidity of it.

Currently I'm watching Black Butler and Attack on Titan. Not sure how I feel about Black Butler yet. I have sorta stopped Attack on Titan for the time being but it seems ok.

It's worth mentioning that I recently watched Death Note and it has become my absolute favorite show of all time. Everyone needs to watch it!

~Manly
twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

It is #1 on the list of shows I hate the most

To hate a show and the show being sux is three different things.
You might lub a bad show and you might hate a good show, but being suxxxor can actually be measured by the storytelling and technical specifics, acting and money spent.

#1 suxxxor is by any measure currently GoT for its nowhere-going story, papermaché characters, lack of focus, lack of continuity, sudden changes of mind, bad acting of the main characters (the side-characters are surprisingly good), lack of atmosphere, and practically being Twilight-saga for males.

---

On DeathNote: it was good until the mid of the story, when L dies. That's the point the series should have ended. But for money they wrote it further, what makes it a disappointment.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

You might want to get that last part of the post about Death Note removed or changed by a mod, there are a couple of people on here who have mentioned that they are watching it and it would be a shame if they saw the same spoiler I did.

Anywho, Castle is just awful in all ways imaginable. It started off okay but it turned into the most predictable and cliche show ever.

~Manly

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

On DeathNote: it was good until the mid of the story, when [SPOILER] That's the point the series should have ended. But for money they wrote it further, what makes it a disappointment.

The story kind of went downhill from there, but it is based on the manga which was done for artistic reasons. If you don't like [SPOILER], there is an alternate version.
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Dora the explorer!!!

=)

Showing 16-30 of 51