Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Ebola Outbreak in The US?

Posted Aug 9, '14 at 9:24am

Seashark001

Seashark001

621 posts

I doubt that there will be a major Ebola outbreak in the US, purely because there is both a moral and western sense of maintaining hygiene, and not pooping, spewing, urinating on each other. But, saying that, there is a risk to those in the medical profession, due to the amount of bodily fluids that are excreted within the premises.

Posted Sep 30, '14 at 5:31pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

A case was confirmed in Texas. Someone traveled to West Africa and didn't show symptoms until he came back.

Posted Sep 30, '14 at 5:59pm

apldeap123

apldeap123

1,503 posts

A case was confirmed in Texas. Someone traveled to West Africa and didn't show symptoms until he came back.

Hopefully, the man didn't come into contact with a lot of people, or else...
(O_O)

Posted Sep 30, '14 at 6:16pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,591 posts

Knight

So if I get it right, so far we have one person who contracted the virus directly in West Africa, not within the US. And since Ebola is only contagious from the moment when the symptoms appear, the chances are slim that he infected someone else.

Posted Sep 30, '14 at 7:27pm

SSTG

SSTG

12,482 posts

Knight

All we need is a couple of people from West Africa who enters illegally, have contact with a dozen people in a public place and the whole epidemic starts.
:O

Posted Sep 30, '14 at 9:06pm

apldeap123

apldeap123

1,503 posts

@SSTG

I think the infected person already did that for us...

Posted Oct 1, '14 at 3:15pm

apldeap123

apldeap123

1,503 posts

News Flash!

[url]http://www.aol.com/article/2014/10/01/schoolchildren-have-come-into-contact-with-texas-ebola-patient/20970709/?icid=maing-grid7%7Caol20%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D538917[/url]

Posted Oct 2, '14 at 5:05pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,640 posts

As long as the children don't come into contact with his blood, sweat, and/or spittle, they will be fine.

Anywhoo, so the guy who is infected with Ebola in the US is in deep doo-doo. He wouldn't have even been in the US if he didn't lie on his health questionaire. So now it looks like he's being prosecuted.

Posted Oct 2, '14 at 6:15pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,075 posts

"outbreak"

I don't plan on playing in anyone's urine, feces, or other fun bodily fluids so it seems I'll come out of this just fine. Don't know about anyone else though.

Posted Oct 2, '14 at 8:38pm

DarthTyrannausarus

DarthTyrannausarus

533 posts

I don't think this is a big problem, 'cause who would wanna go near these people anyway? Plus, I'm not going to Africa any time soon, so yeah.

Reply to Ebola Outbreak in The US?

You must be logged in to post a reply!