ForumsGamesAny good mmos out there?

16 10625
AdamStormCloak
AdamStormCloak
14 posts
Peasant

that actually are not pay to win or got shutdown?

I haven't found any good mmos out there except cruddy facebook games.

Its fine if there is no good games out there,but please let me know if there is a good one that actually has a good community and is not a p2win game.

• 16 Replies
treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

euotopia.com/

ever try this one? there is a cash shop but it doesn't really add anything that would unbalance the game since the lvl cap is 1k iirc and you can loot/craft almost all the gear/items anyway. far as graphics go, i would say its one of those games you shouldn't judge by looks alone.

if its a diablo clone you want why not check out path of exile if you haven't already. only cash shop stuff there is cosmetic and storage tabs.

edit: why is this forum thing trying to make the word ever (first word up above) into a link? i did not set it as a link at all. fixed it >.>

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

I'll recommend you Dead Frontier ! It's a Zombie MMO Game, you need Unity Web Player to play it. It's just easy to Install !

Dead Frontier - The Zombie MMO Game

treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

^
that too, i haven't played that in quite a while (account may have been deleted due to inactivity again >.&gt

ah, found that other title i was going to add. Rift, the devs of that game (like with EQ1 & 2) did a great job on the graphics settings and stuff. you can lower the settings a good bit and even run the game on a laptop without too much lag (done it myself once it went free to play for a while). i might revisit rift some day but for now PoE expansion on the 20th ^.^

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

I'd recommend War Thunder. Some might say it's a pay to win game, But everyone I know who plays it without paying does pretty good and enjoys it. I myself have never spent a cent on it. It's free to play (obviously), and is just lots of fun to play. I highly recommend it.

treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

war thunder...9GB client? well, at least its not as big as that one game i saw before that had a 50GB+ client (don't remember the title) download thats absolutely ridiculous for a single game.

ah, found it, it was Tera. heres part of a comment i made on mmobomb a while back that says enough:

"holy hell, i just checked the torrent download and thats a 24gb download. if this game really does have 50GB free to install; 35GB free once installed (85GB required total for a installation) then this has to be the single biggest MMORPG i have ever laid eyes on."

if i tried that on the wifi internet we use where i live i'd be downloading Tera for months before ever getting a chance to even try it out. for a game that massive, Tera better be one helluva high quality game for anyone who tries downloading it.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

You can always sift through Steam to find mmorpgs/mmos. I found one that I sort of like, but haven't really played a whole lot. It's not exactly my type of game, but you can try it yourself [url=http://everquest2.com]

If you're looking for a fun build/war game, I would go with Evony. I used to play that back in the day and thoroughly enjoyed it. There are so many mmos its unbelievable, and I still haven't found one that I can play for hours and hours and not get bored. Good luck!

treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

"There are so many mmos its unbelievable" yeah but the question is, how many of the countless are actually good or at least half decent (and even then, not pay-to-win)?

far as build/war games go, those too are countless and evony is quite honestly just 1of countless "skins/clones" you can find.

though, for everquest 2 i think i still have my account on that game assuming it hasn't been wiped to inactivity yet. if you want to team up on there sometime feel free to let me know...here...or on my profile here >.> i don't check my steam account that often and have played EQ2 even less often. just no mobas, i dun want any part of that...community.

MerlinCross
MerlinCross
56 posts
Nomad

Dead Pandemic is kinda decent if you want a zombie game and don' like Dead Frontier that much(Mind you the cash shop is starting to get silly but no PVP in the game yet so)

Guild Wars 2 is still going along(You have to buy the game but no monthly charge) though some of the changes are baffling people.

Dungeon Fighter Online came back for an alpha/stress/attention test in March-June I believe so look onto the horizon for when it comes back(They are bringing it back just need time and no dates set last I saw)

Pick a Dota/Moba game and those are pretty fun(with varying degrees of selling power. From None to WTF levels)

bomber08
bomber08
5 posts
Shepherd

I played Wartune for awhile it grabs ur attention for a bit..give it a shot if you havnt already.

Warriordkl
Warriordkl
1 posts
Farmer

Dungeon Blitz

go play on their official site, other sites too much lag.

This game is like a 2D Diablo, 9 different classes each with unique skills, also plenty of shared skills. Free to play, free to rule. I have top characters without paying any. Also this game is more casual hack and slash, no need to spend to compete for stupid rewards or anything.

Avalonzz
Avalonzz
1 posts
Peasant

Battlestar Galactica

It's pretty cool

Gladiator246
Gladiator246
363 posts
Scribe

The last stand Dead zone.Great game.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Why don't you try out KingsRoad @AdamStormCloak?! It's a great MMO game I have become addicted to lately... awesome graphics, easy gameplay and good upgrades in character building! Hope you like it! Have fun! =)

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

I just started to play KingsRoad, and it is REALLY good!
I spent all the time last night that is devoted to watching my anime shows, went into this game! Thats really saying something, because not much can take up my anime time. Try it.

treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

@Avalonzz: iirc that game was horrible and i don't just mean the awkwardness that 3-dimensional space flight controls usually are.

as for kings road, i admit i underestimated that game. it loads and lags a great deal less here than back when i firsttried it on kongregate.

and...now we have rush war -_- i'm about ready to just give up entirely on the mmorts genre at this point. started playing battle pirates not long ago but thats been touch and go at best (about the only way i can stand playing it more or less) but its not all bad at least. i mean, who doesn't like pirates? aside from the various media companies of course. >.>

Showing 1-15 of 16