ForumsGamesGC CS: Bug with special targeting and how to script upgrades

5 1931
cecilannam
cecilannam
31 posts
Jester

Two questions, anyone else having issues when they try to select target special (it is the bottom left choice for gem targeting). When I select it, game goes all goofy/laggy. Really a bummer/issue.

Second, how does one make gem bombing and other tedious aspects of the game easier? How does one write a script or something or where can one find one to help?

• 5 Replies
Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Avoid the Flying/Spires/Highest Banishment Cost/Carrying Orblet target setting. As you have noticed, it causes a ton of slowdown.

Generally speaking, for traps, stick with Random or Closest to Orb. Giants and Swarmlings are situational, but useful. For Towers, stick with Closest to Orb, or Structures. As with traps, Giants and swarmlings are situational. Random ... not terribly useful in my experience.

Avoid the other target settings.

For bombing, that's easy but annoying. Whatever gem you want to bomb with, make sure that, going top to bottom, left to right, it is the first gem in your box. Then tap the B button (highlights the gem bomb icon). Then press and hold the Shift button. While holding Shift, each mouse left click the game will automatically duplicate the first gem in your box that it finds and tosses the dupe out as a bomb.

Want to bomb a wave with a bunch of Grade 5 gems? Make one Grade 5 gem, make sure that it is the "first" gem in your box, tap B and then hold Shift, and start clicking.

Unfortunately, this technique does not alleviate the pain of tossing a couple hundred bombs out on each monster wave. But, it is significantly better than having to make each gem bomb individually and manually carting each one over to the target.

callmeishmael
callmeishmael
57 posts
Nomad

I usually build a tower/amp complex right up against my orb. I place one extra amp nearby to provide a parking place for the tower gem when it's not in use. I set the tower gem targeting to Structures. Even Closest to Orb can cause noticeable lag if you have a lot of monsters on screen. You can target monsters by clicking on them. If you have incoming Spires or flying monsters that are problematic to click on because of objects/monsters on the ground you can Alt-click to target them. Alt-click selects the topmost thing under your cursor.

cecilannam
cecilannam
31 posts
Jester

Thanks guys... I know all this stuff. I am into the thousands level wise.

The grind just ain't no fun. I figured some people may know how to speed up gem bombing, or maybe for future GC games, we can ask for a better feature to speed that up, like bomb grade x number to allow you to toss 50 at a time...

Also, what do people think is the perfect grade gem to bomb with after you are into the hundreds of millions of mana by wave 4-6?

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

That depends upon the amount of mana I have.

After all upgrading (that I can afford) I'll bomb with gems that cost 1/1000, 1/10,000, or 1/100,000 of my total mana. Basically, a Grade 5, 15, 25, 35, 45, or 55 gem, as those are (at max skills) closest to a thousand mana, a million mana, a billion mana, a trillion mana, a quadrillion mana, and a quintillion mana. Basically, if I've got between 999,999,999,999 and 1,000,000,000 mana, I'll use a gem that costs about 1,000,000 mana - a Grade 15 gem. That ensures that I can get enough gem bombs in. When my mana pool goes up to the next "illion" level, I'll use a gem 10 grades higher, going from (in that case) 15 to 25.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

I have absolutely no lag with any of the targeting features in the game. Its probably more related to your connection than the game itself.

Showing 1-5 of 5