ForumsThe TavernEver been camping?

10 5045
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

I'm going camping for the first time tomorrow. I don't know what to expect. However if you have any advice for me that be a big help. And while your here any camping stories?

• 10 Replies
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Tomorrow... well, would be better if you asked some days before to get some response...

Anyway, if i remember right @themastaplaya mentioned something about camping... so maybe he can give you some tips, if he get this notification in time.

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

Well, I've had quite a bit of experience, so if you want to ask a few questions about specifics, I can do my best to answer them.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Realize that your phone is better in the car, than any bag. Stuff gets thrown around, and losing that is the last thing you want.

On the other side, always make sure that your camp fire is 100% out, don't leave any smolders. Keep your camp clean, and keep all food sealed. Your current location isn't known, but a surprise visit from a bear would be bad. Bug spray is lovely, and have a great time!

Gladiator246
Gladiator246
363 posts
Scribe

I have camped in my childhood days.The boy scout master took all of my class scouts to a camp.It was just a 1 and a half day camp and as a child i missed my mother and father.Child means when i was in my 6th grade.It was great to be with my friends fool around and enjoy.There was a forest in the left side of our camp.My friends persuaded me to explore the forest with them.We all went inside the forest at night.We didn't face any dangers but we saw a bear.We all ran away! That is one memorable exciting camp.Oh did i forget to mention,we also had a camp fire performance in the night.We went to the forest after the performance in midnight.

thesakew
thesakew
203 posts
Jester

I've been camping since I was kid. Elementary and Junior High also Senior High schooler in my country went camping somewhere with their teacher every august month. I am a scout boy or Pramuka.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Last two year my friends and I went camping

First time a few drank a bit too much, we now don't keep in contact with one of the guys.

This year we got turnt and had a good time. One girl brought her current boo much to my discontent cause like..yo this is for our group cuz we dont get much time to see each other and he aint in our group like #rood

Anyway im sure this thread will turn into how camping is srs bsns or something so before that happens just a friendly reminder to just have fun and give it your best team

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Well I have been camping since I was... 8... Ish... Every year I would go camping, once a year for two weeks and other times would just be weekend affairs. It's been said before but if you do have any questions just ask. Main thing is too keep everything dry. A wet sleeping bag is the worst thing to wake up too.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I camp and have camped with the scouts, which is usually fun. It hasn't alway

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Whoo! Camping. Totally the chillest thing ever!

Too late for advice? Yes. Too late for a story? NEVER! (But I don't have any.)

thesakew
thesakew
203 posts
Jester

My last camping few years ago with old friend from Senior High not so exciting, but I get the experience. I see the sunrise from the peak of Mount Ciremai, West Java.

Showing 1-10 of 10