Forums

ForumsFlash Games

GCCS: Thoughts on getting from level 200 through 1000

Posted Aug 9, '14 at 3:12am

yroeht

yroeht

4 posts

Hey, all! Everything I've read is geared toward newbies or >lvl1000 players. What sort of strats work for mid-level players like me regarding anything from the best traits to the best maps for farming xp, fragments, etc.?

Thanks, all!

Posted Aug 9, '14 at 4:46am

psorek

psorek

427 posts

Have you seen this subject and this guide? The second guide is quite rough, but contains key information.

Posted Aug 9, '14 at 5:39am

thunderrider

thunderrider

639 posts

Rough because I was rushed and also made it in like May or something.

Actually only April 19th or 15 days after release so cut it some slack :D

last edited Aug 09 2014 05:39 am by thunderrider

Posted Aug 9, '14 at 12:42pm

psorek

psorek

427 posts

Well, you can improve it now (edit option still aviable) :)

Posted Aug 9, '14 at 4:52pm

UgAhgItHurts

UgAhgItHurts

174 posts

Premium or non-premium?

In either case, early field with max banish and giant, a couple beacon. Add the other easier ones at 7 swarm and shadows if prem. Glaring at least, haunting if you have (try for at least a 20x multiplier).

Duh skills a little below max. A bit of slow helps. Hopefully you can make 3 or 4 grade 2s (red + blue + traps to hold them) and grade 6 to start. You have red + white available, otherwise it's going to be really hard :) Field has a good path length to get to orb, ideally one entrance or choke point that'll take a row of 5 traps with amps all around. If premium it's going to be really easy, mana farm first, kill gem with mana gathered from first waves. If not, you won't make enough mana on the first 3 or so waves before they hit your orb and end you, how much you anger and how you play means we need to know whether prem or not...

Mana gem starts 1:1 red/orange. If prem with 9 or 12 skill, mix in white at gem level 7 (5Or + 5W join with 6W join with mana gem), otherwise 8 (same ration one higher). With a level 6 or 7 mana pool, that'll be better than upgrading without the white, and far better later. With monsters on it, that'll spit out it's own cost every couple seconds as long as you keep feeding monsters to it. Red/Yellow kill gem, built the same as mana gem suffices for me. You can use the 64 gem combo stuff if you want, it doesn't pay off until way higher gem grades than you'll get to following my advice--grade 30 by level 40 or so.

Prem it'll take one map :) Non-prem a few. In either case, there's random elements that'll heavily affect the outcome: xp sparks (use most of your mana to make 36 gems as high grade as you can for these) and beacon summoning monsters (with multipliers, one of these angered to 1k monsters is 20 mill xp or way more depending on talismans and sparks).

last edited Aug 09 2014 04:59 pm by UgAhgItHurts

Posted Aug 10, '14 at 2:14am

UgAhgItHurts

UgAhgItHurts

174 posts

Got another chance with premium, and threw my level 120 save in there then grabbed pool. With 20 worth or hardeners, I got a billion on F1, that's halfway to level 1k :)

No fancy gem building besides ratios above, just upgrade or dupe/combine. 2 sparks, only one at a useful time and only one good beacon spawning wave too, not sure how many billions a full run could be worth or with better xp luck. Called it quits at level 35 kill/farm gems with 33 in amps, they were ok up to 10^18 hp, and creeps hit that at wave 225ish. Took a little longer than an hour to do, sometimes with indifferent attention.

Forgot to mention above you can add white later to your slow traps. A couple mana pool levels and they'll do 7 second 90% slow, so the problem becomes angering enough to keep the creeps alive on your mana farm long enough to be useful.

For white gem madness, do something like below, just towers wherever to pick off the first few leakers plus some slow traps along the way. For black you want to leave a little space in front for places to farm hits on gems to abuse that (and it's much more abuseable than white).

It's not this easy if non-premium. I can easily get millions on lots of fields with red + white, but not sure how crazy it can get there yet.

http://i.imgur.com/ux8xz4r.jpg

last edited Aug 10 2014 02:18 am by UgAhgItHurts

Posted Aug 10, '14 at 4:23am

thunderrider

thunderrider

639 posts

White lol....ah the good ole newbie days!

Edit: Psorek after 30min after posting for me atleast, the edit button vanishes...

All I can do is "Report" it.

last edited Aug 10 2014 04:24 am by thunderrider

Posted Aug 10, '14 at 6:26am

UgAhgItHurts

UgAhgItHurts

174 posts

You need to remember things are different now than when you guys started. You can't just put a w/b/o in a tower, amp w/b, call 5 waves, beam, upgrade several times then repeat til the stage ends or a trillion xp wraith wafts by :)

At 18 skill b and 3 skill w, and 1kk hits on a black gem, white's still the better option grade for grade up to 30ish and only mana pool level 27. It'd be nice to know at what skill level black surpasses white now (you said it does for you grade for grade with no hits iirc), but I don't think it's a viable option at the OP's level in 1.19.

Posted Aug 10, '14 at 6:55am

bilboCGL

bilboCGL

167 posts

Black overpowers white somewhere between g30 or g40. I use white for core-farming and black for everything else I expect a gem > g40.

Posted Aug 10, '14 at 7:51pm

Astroshak

Astroshak

253 posts

I did a test a few patches a while back.

I set up 8 amps supporting two traps, one with a red-black-orange and the other, right behind it, red-white-orange. The 8 amps were arranged such that each trap had 6 pure orange amps supporting it.

Other than the color change (black or white) the gems were made identically. I was using the 16 gem upgrade plan on them.

At grade 28, the White gem was a little better (10 percent? 12 percent? I forget exactly). I had the mana and did two of the 16 gem upgrades on both traps, and the Black gem, at grade 34, was 42% stronger.

White loses its potency compared to black around Grade 30.

Reply to GCCS: Thoughts on getting from level 200 through 1000

You must be logged in to post a reply!