ForumsNews and FeedbackAd-Free Gaming

162 64147
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Hate ads? You now have an option to remove them from the site. Just click the remove button next to ads and for a nominal fee you can remove the ads from the site.

Also, there may be a super secret forum. I mean... err NO forum, that doesn't exist.

• 162 Replies
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

@riku_ullman it is, but thats still not a reason to double-post/bump a thread...

Bumps/double posts, in general, are forbidden, they are only a few exeptions... technical issues/problems could be one (note: could!).

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

might want to do something against ad blocker then because alot of people use it, im not sure how but a website i go to tells you to disable it or else it wont play any of the videos, im sure there is a way to do it with the games to

Quinian
Quinian
1 posts
Jester

As much as I use AG I can't really complain about paying a buck. The thing that annoys me is the amount of games that 2 years ago would be been awesome, are now half finished unless you wanna pay &quotremium" for the rest of the games content. If I wanted to do that I'd go play FB games.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Quinian Thanks for supporting us!

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

you can get ad-free+ exclusive armatars, ad-free+ beta games, quicker games without ads, longer picture load-in after website is attacked, *SPOILER ALERT* ad-free+ exclusive (and secret) fourms access, and a lot more is coming.

Amarantamin
Amarantamin
58 posts
Jester

Eh, the huge adds, rapid influx of copypasta MMOs, and general lateness of content have lead me to move to other sites which continue to showcase popular games without any of the above. If they are surviving, why isn't Armor Games?

Since name-dropping isn't appropriate I can't name the other site for comparison. The simple matter of it is, they show more games every week, no MMO spam, no advertisement spam, and yet continue showing quality content. Often I see new games posted every Thursday that ArmorGames doesn't see for weeks afterwards. Why come here when I've already played all the same content elsewhere? To see the newest "MMO"? No thanks.

Maybe it's the amount ArmorGames spends on commissioning games that make nothing back? How much did games like SushiCat2 cost compared to what they returned? Is this why we're having pay-to-win MMOs shoved down our throats regularly, and are being told this is 'required' to keep the site running?

Sorry, but the very few exclusives ArmorGames has are not equating, in most player's minds, to the cost of making them. It's just proven to be a bad business decision. Swallow it, change the model, and move on; that, or prepare to be overshadowed by a site that does.

MerlinCross
MerlinCross
56 posts
Nomad

Actually I do have a concern I wish to raise because I'm unsure of how AG+ works.

A game engine called Unity is starting to gain some traction. Starting to see Unity based games on the web as browser games(Like on Kong or Newgrounds). I don't think AG has them yet but if they look into getting Unity games, this might be something to look at.

See I use a *cough*blocker*cough*. And I noticed something about it and the Unity games. It blocks the pop up from the game asking "Do you want to Run Unity Player". Heck I've noticed this with Java and some Flash games.

So yeah heads up to those in charge, AG+ adblocking might end up blocking some games too. I'm unsure of how the system works.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@MerlinCross AFG+ won't block Unity games, and they are already on our website. We don't support ad blockers, so that's of no concern to us. So yeah, stop doing that.

MerlinCross
MerlinCross
56 posts
Nomad

AFG+ won't block Unity games

That's at least good to hear. Wasn't aware of any unity games on the site though.
jaimehlers
jaimehlers
2 posts
Farmer

So, apparently, I cannot play most games on the site now; I was able to get Dawn of the Dragons to load, and a couple others, but anything I haven't been in recently just doesn't start. I know it isn't my ad-blocker because I disabled that temporarily over the whole AG site to see if I couldn't figure out what was preventing the games from loading.

There are only two alternatives I can think of. Either Firefox's latest (unnecessary) update screwed something up, or else something got messed up in the AG code.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Hell-O @jaimehlers

I have no problems with any game i try to load/play, so i think its more a your-sided problem.
Besdies adblockers (turn it of, at least for AG, it could cause problems anytime) also safety internet/parental control software could casue problems, if there is anthing like this running... try to deactivate it...
Also if you are not enter AG from home (like from scool/work/etc) it could be a problem, they may have also some kind of blocking software running.

Also check if you disabled java-script (could happen by aciddent), if so: enable java-script.

And you could try another browser (preferably without any adblocker) and see if that will do it.

Inq
Inq
1 posts
Jester

ooo..thats so nice to view some 1m10s AD movie w\o poss to skip it before game starts.. btw, why dont you place some AD movie with 5min? 10min? length by this way? time is money ^_^ tralalalala!

HighFieldAG
HighFieldAG
5 posts
Peasant

y'know what?

Screw this ArmogGames+ thing- AD-BLOCK MASTER RACE!!

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

AD-BLOCK MASTER RACE!!

I don't see the Ad-block master race with their own forum, armatars, and more fun.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@HighFieldAG Also promoting ad-blocking can get you banned from the site. Ad-blocking kills websites, you make sad ferret sad.

Showing 46-60 of 162