ForumsNews and FeedbackAd-Free Gaming

162 64179
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Hate ads? You now have an option to remove them from the site. Just click the remove button next to ads and for a nominal fee you can remove the ads from the site.

Also, there may be a super secret forum. I mean... err NO forum, that doesn't exist.

• 162 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Well unlimited is a long time @trigon123, but I agree there should be longer subscriptions. Like yearly for instance.

yesimevil
yesimevil
9 posts
Peasant

Hey, I'd be all for a couple ads on AG(A site that clearly has somewhat competent developers)... if my ad-block were selective. But it's not, because the selective ad-block programs still in some way download the advertisement. I took a more brute-force method, via a hosts file that links known ad domains to localhost, where I have a program that displays a transparent 1x1 image where the ad would go.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@yesimevil Is that supposed to make the people who create games for a living feel better?

yesimevil
yesimevil
9 posts
Peasant

They don't get the money from the ads on your site. The staff of AG receive paychecks out of ad money from ad hits on the site, and you might toss devs a tiny fraction to make it sound all hooplah and important, but at the end of the day, the only pocketbook being hurt is AG's, and your pockets aren't nervous. My expensive gaming rig on the other hand, is plenty nervous.

End of the day, AG's owners lose a small amount of money from what I do. I'm not going to cry because you lose a couple bucks a year off me.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

End of the day, AG's owners lose a small amount of money from what I do. I'm not going to cry because you lose a couple bucks a year off me.

"It's only me, nothing significant will come from this."

And that's why we have problems in places that aren't just from AG. Like voting! Just imagine if a lot more than one person (which has evidence of being true) had this mindset.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@yesimevil Wrong. But I see you've found a way to justify feeling better.

Kazure
Kazure
2 posts
Blacksmith

So .. we're now 10h into the 23.01. and the Game is still in Beta
"Epic Boss Fighter 2 is currently in BETA and planned for public launch on
January 23, 2015 EST"

How about you change the date to next week?

trigon123
trigon123
1,279 posts
Herald

Hey Ferret,
I heard about FREE AFG+
Is it real? Or is it just a legend?

yesimevil
yesimevil
9 posts
Peasant

Once again, Ferret deletes truth. Typical. I make a post about the posts being deleted, and he deletes that too. Now I have to post about the deletion of the power about the deletion of the post. #Deleteception #FerretBadmin

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@yesimevil, whining about a small amount of ads is never going to get you anywhere.

*mod-edit*

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@SirLegendary regardless, never take that tone with others. Moderators don't like this type of posting (And rightfully so). You can be ironic but don't attack others personally (you got it?)

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

*deleted two posts*

@SirLegendary @yesimevil we dont need flamewars, thank you.

horlogium
horlogium
2 posts
Nomad

wow ive never seen an unskippable ad with 1.30 min length , Gj , i think ill leave this site forever, there are really much and much flashgame sites like this , most are even better .

raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

its been a while since I posted here.

like I said on page 1, when you guys added the pregame video ads becoming a member was how they were removed. now you add them back in and remove that perk of signing up.

now you want money to remove all ads. so in a year or so there will be a second level of AFG. "we need more money so level 1 only removes banners. if you would like to remove the pregame videos we will need another $5 a month on top for your level 1 sub. we will add a 2nd super special forum so you can feel extra special about your contribution to our site."

just wait folks it will happen

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I haven't deleted anything @yesimevil.

I'm leaving this thread open, but if it goes destructive and defamatory I will be closing its doors. Keep it constructive. Thanks!

Showing 76-90 of 162