ForumsNews and FeedbackAd-Free Gaming

162 64178
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Hate ads? You now have an option to remove them from the site. Just click the remove button next to ads and for a nominal fee you can remove the ads from the site.

Also, there may be a super secret forum. I mean... err NO forum, that doesn't exist.

• 162 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I have nothing to say, except to tell you children to look at this.

Now please, enjoy your evening.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I guarantee everyone, the AFG+ thing is worth it. Just a frikin' dollar for this. Wow.

raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

what im concerned with isn't the cost, its the changing of what is promised just because more money is needed.

when I first started playing here long long ago. gotta be like 8+ years now. there was one banner over a game. time passed and ads popped up as revenue was lowered from displayed ads. they were mostly harmless and easily ignored.

then the day came where the pregame videos arrived. along with a little note saying "never see the videos again by registering a user account." that's fine I think to myself so I do it not just once but at least 2 times due to dead computers and forgetting passwords and what not.

anyhow time passes,

I start to see news of the website changing over to a new format or something. I didn't pay much mind to because they said nothing important was gonna be changed. it was shortly after this that pregame videos came back. meh whatever I think to myself I can skip them after 5-10 seconds.

more time passes

the videos change. now you can only skip them if they are shorter than 30 seconds. and it just so happens that most videos at that time would be between 25-29 seconds without fail. now the rules is still the same but at least not all videos are pushing the mark to the edge.

then the day came where the cookie cutter P2W MMOs started to show up. nothing but cash grabs with short life spans for the most part. get a flashy chick avatar with giant knockers to lead some horny kid thru the tutorial. get him hooked then hit him with the oh if you want to do more than 10 quests we need $5. oh you want to do that dungeon we need $.99. you want the magical kill everything sword we need $2.99, UPDATE your sword isn't good enough to kill the new stuff you need a new sword for $4.99. oh no ones buying anymore quick change the graphics and music and rerelease. $$$$ but is ok casue mom and dad will pay for this crap to keep jr from going outside where he might get hurt.
(the worst offender of these games being the autoplay click the link and watch your guy go kill 10 spawns and walk back to the quest giver types)

I know AG gets their cut for hosting these abominations.

then the day comes where AFG is announced. sure its only like $1.50 for 30 days or whatever. but what about when you guys decide to change the rules again like has been done before?

like others have said there are other site that get games ahead of you all, the few exclusives you guys get do not make up for the garbage(mostly P2WMMOs) that must be waded thru while waiting for them.

I will still pop on from time to time to see whats new mostly just out of habit.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

just because more money is needed.

It's harder than you think. "Just because" isn't the right word to describe it. Armor Games has been free for a long time, and it is till now, I don't think there will be time where it won't be free to play flash games. All you sacrifice is ads, a minute of your time maximum.

If you had a job, you would understand why people need to compromise to be able to sustain the amount of money they can earn annually.

about the part about how more ads come over time, change is inevitable. Things getting more expensive is real. It isn't just ads. It happens in a lot of things all over the world. Try to be thankful that there was no pay for membership. Besides, are the banners really that annoying?

Though I think you should try AFG+. It includes many nice features. And will surely get rid of all your complaining about.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

but what about when you guys decide to change the rules again like has been done before?

I can guarantee you that they're not going to change any rules with AFG on the terms of ads. The only difference here than in the past is that AFG requires user money, being a user does not.

yesimevil
yesimevil
9 posts
Peasant

The only difference here than in the past is that AFG requires user money, being a user does not.

Your own words basically mean "They're going to change it repeatedly, and never in a way that is beneficial to the users." like they did with registered accounts.

Some day soon it will be "Video Free Gaming" and you'll be back to banner ads. Then they'll add a new type of ad, and you'll have to watch the videos and they'll block the new ads. Meanwhile the price will go up "Cause running a rudimentary site is hard guise" even though the cost to run this website for a year is probably taken care of by a month's worth of banner ads beside the cash-grab MMO's.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Your own words basically mean "They're going to change it repeatedly,

No, it means that the users paid to get rid of ads for a limited time. That's the whole purpose for AFG, to stop users like you from complaining. Obviously that didn't work too well.

"They're going to change it repeatedly, and never in a way that is beneficial to the users."

They really have no reason to change it. AFG gets no ads, beta to games, a Minecraft server, their own forums. The only thing they could really change is the rewards AFG members get outside of being ad free. Wether that is beneficial or not is up to you. Although I'm guessing not, since you're complaining about it.

Some day soon it will be "Video Free Gaming" and you'll be back to banner ads.

Even if they did that, the banner ads are really not annoying.

Then they'll add a new type of ad, and you'll have to watch the videos and they'll block the new ads.

And what would this new ad type be, sir?

"Cause running a rudimentary site is hard guise" even though the cost to run this website for a year is probably taken care of by a month's worth of banner ads beside the cash-grab MMO's.

The keyword in that sentence is probably. You have no idea how much it costs.

The thing I want to know is, why are you even arguing about it? If you don't like it, then don't buy it. It's as simple as that. Oh wait, I know why, because you're trolling. In which case, this post will be my last to you.

raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

SirLegendary thanks for assuming who has a job and who dosent. I guess the no flame posts only apply to those who disagree with AFG.

as I said I don't care about the $1.50 I care that that the promises have been changed before about never seeing another video ad in the past. im not gonna funnel dollar after dollar to a site that has broken promises made in the past to make money now.

R2D2 they have changed. before it was no videos before games if you make an account. now that's not enough now they want $1.50 on top of the account. so the rules have been changed already. it dosent speak highly of the devs ability to keep their word to long time site members. why should I assume they will hold to $1.50 for no ads in the future? how long till $1.50 isn't enough? then how will they make up the difference?

I fully expect in a year or twos time video ads will come back and you will have to pay $1.50 for no banners and another $1 for AFGplatinum that will remove videos again or some new pop up will show in the corner like some chat sites use that play constant ads.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

so the rules have been changed already.

I never disagreed on that.

hy should I assume they will hold to $1.50 for no ads in the future?

Because money is the difference. Back then they only give you their word and you gave nothing in return, they stopped because they needed more to fund the site, workers, devs, the workplace, etc and they needed more so they gave us more ads. But now with AFG we pay $1.50(for a month? Someone could tell you how much $1.50 gets you, I can't find out as I already have it.). Money is the reason it won't change. Money gets attention.

I fully expect in a year or twos time video ads will come back and you will have to pay $1.50 for no banners and another $1 for AFGplatinum that will remove videos again or some new pop up will show in the corner like some chat sites use that play constant ads.

Now that's just ridiculous. I have never seen anyone complain about banner ads. ArmorGames wouldn't make an AFG for just banners that'd be pointless and ArmorGames knows that.

raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

Back then they only give you their word

exactly they gave their word to never see a video again. then went back on that word in less than 18 months. so how can you be so sure they will stick to their word now and not bait and switch you again? I mean its only $1.50 who really cares if they go back on it again?

in reality cost only goes up so at some point the $1.50 isn't gonna cover costs. when that day comes im gonna necro this thread and laugh at all of you.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

so how can you be so sure they will stick to their word now and not bait and switch you again?

Because it has to do with money now. Money is the key factor.

in reality cost only goes up so at some point the $1.50 isn't gonna cover costs. when that day comes im gonna necro this thread and laugh at all of you.

We never said it wouldn't go up. But it still wouldn't cost that much if it rises because not many people will spend $10 on a month of AFG.

Also holding a grudge that long for something you didn't pay for or care about isn't really healthy.

raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

so because its costs money AG will stick to their word and not add a 2nd ad of some sort in the future that bypasses AFG.

I can tell my buddy im not gonna punch him in the arm any more or I will give him a dollar when I do it. never said I wouldn't kick him in the shin.

all AG has to do is stop selling AFG till peoples time runs out then change the TOS and introduce a new 2 level version. jus tlike when signing up an account was all I needed to do. oh we switched formats so accounts no longer stop pregame videos.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@raunchy you keep saying that the developers of this site have broken their word but you forget ad-blockers. Aside from probably having your ad-blocker on all the time, aside from not willing to pay just a dollar (this much is understandable, you don't want to pay, many people don't), you want to play any game here as long as you want AND not have to wait 5 seconds for the video-ad AND prefer the empty space in the site to remain empty. Why?

In the end, it is not about giving an oath (I don't even remember when did they do that and what exactly they said). It is about having to make a living.

raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

I don't use ad blockers thank you for ASSuming.

a persons/companies word should be worth more than money. thats a big problem with the world in general these days. people and companies break their word just to make a few more bucks.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

a persons/companies word should be worth more than money. thats a big problem with the world in general these days. people and companies break their word just to make a few more bucks.

That's because people need money to survive in this day and age as well as companies like ArmorGames. It's not about a company's word. I don't see a company's word giving anyone food and electricity.

tl;dr: companies and people survive on money, not dumb promises about ads.

Showing 91-105 of 162