ForumsGamesMMO Game Like SAO?

7 5812
Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

So, lately i have been addicted to the anime Sword Art Online (SAO), and i was wondering if ArmorGames has a game that is somewhat like SAO. The freedom to do what you want, and especially duel wielding. Thats what i like in a MMO. So can anybody help me?

• 7 Replies
Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

That was an awesome anime ! Ever been watched the SAO II ? If they will make one, they should also include the Aincrad up to 100 Floor.

Girsaurus
Girsaurus
1 posts
Nomad

There is a vita game being released in the states on Tuesday and later on today about a hour or two. The 6th episode of SAO 2 will be released to most anime sites subbed and all.

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

Just saying, this isnt a thread talking about SAO, its about a game that is LIKE the anime.

And im talking, in this case, the game is THE Sword Art Online, not ALfhiem, or any of the other games.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

SAO starts to suck horribly around episode 10 or 11. Just go play any MMO. Guild Wars 2, Rift, whatever.

DarthTyrannausarus
DarthTyrannausarus
538 posts
Nomad

SAO is an awesome anime. What they could do is make a Kinect game so the player model would look just like the person playing the game. They would also have to(obviously) put a motion sensor so the player could stand walk(or run) and the character in-game would do as so. This would be a great game revolution and the Kinect would finally get some good sales. It would be a great mmo and Kinect would get SOO much popular.

TheAristocrat35
TheAristocrat35
4 posts
Nomad

To answer your question, If you want an MMO that offer's you SAO style freedom then your looking at a very narrow path of Games, Sadly its true, But you can get some feeling of freedom from Games such as Guild Wars 2, World of Warcraft ( Still the King ) and ArcheAge which I am greatly looking forward to. Hope this helped.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

It would be a great mmo and Kinect would get SOO much popular.

You highly, highly, overestimate the power of the Kinect. There may be other systems that could sort of do this such as a combination of STEM and Oculus Rift, but definitely not the Kinect.
Showing 1-7 of 7