ForumsForum GamesCount to 100 Discussion Thread

242 205281
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

This is a discussion thread regarding rules and gameplay of 'Count to 100', so that the count isn't frequently interrupted and restarted when a mod posts.

Posts not on topic will be removed.

• 242 Replies
Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

so how long till you post on the count to 100 thread than gantic? edit: that fast....

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

so that the count isn't frequently interrupted and restarted when a mod posts.

Dont post on it! Its as simple as that!
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

That's why he created this thread. This thread is also a threat to lock Count to 100 unless the users can come up with one or more anti-trolling measures.

My Idea: Actually, I have a few things to say:

1) The "ignore numberless posts" rule is a good one and should remain.

2) In addition, a 1 post should be ignored unless the previous count contains a violation or the post is by a mod or admin.
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

2) In addition, a 1 post should be ignored unless the previous count contains a violation or the post is by a mod or admin.

Agreed.
nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

That's why he created this thread. This thread is also a threat to lock Count to 100 unless the users can come up with one or more anti-trolling measures

Thats not what I meant I mean if he doesn't want the thread to frequently start over than moderators shouldn't post.
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Thats not what I meant I mean if he doesn't want the thread to frequently start over than moderators shouldn't post.

They are posting because certain people are asking questions about rules. Are they going to magically tell the asker the answer without posting?
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@Patrick2011: Can you clarify what you mean by this?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

[quote]2) In addition, a 1 post should be ignored unless the previous count contains a violation or the post is by a mod or admin.
[/quote]

So let's say there's a count that has reached 25, and all 25 posts follow the rules. Then the next person posts something like this:

1. [insert any text here]

With my idea, such a post would be ignored because the count it reset followed the rules. However, the count would be reset if the post in italics was made by a mod or an admin.

As another example, let's say that again, the count has reached 25, and someone resets the count. However, this time, the last few posts go like this:

[quote=User1]22. [insert non-spam text here][/quote]
[quote=User2]23. [insert non-spam text here][/quote]
[quote=User1]24. [insert non-spam text here][/quote]
[quote=User2]25. [insert non-spam text here][/quote]
[quote=OneWhoKnowsTheRules]1. That's a back to back post, so the count must be reset.[/quote]

In this case, the count reset is allowed because the previous count didn't follow all the rules (there was a back-to-back post from 22-25).
nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Than get rid of the rule where if a mod posts the count is reset its hard enough already

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Than get rid of the rule where if a mod posts the count is reset its hard enough already

That would break the whole point of Count to 100. The original purpose was to see if the users could reach 100 before a mod or admin posted.
kalkanadam
kalkanadam
797 posts
Peasant

Yeah, but its not needed since people are just ignorant and doesnt check for ninjas, doesnt read the rules and breaks the P1, P2, P1, P2 rule frequently and sometime just reset on purpose for absolutly no reason. Gantic, is there a way you can temproarily ban people from posting on a certian thread. If so maybe temporarily banning people that frequently mess up, might lower the number of resets, because if they dont wanna get banned again they will pay more attention to there mistakes.

Gladiator246
Gladiator246
363 posts
Scribe

In my opinion,there are no flaws in the count to 100 rules.

kalkanadam
kalkanadam
797 posts
Peasant

Were not talking about the rules. Count to 100 was meant to see how far we can get without a mod posting. But we dont need a mod posting because people just keep messing up.were trying to find a solution for that.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I don't think any of the current rules need to be replaced or taken away. I just want something done with the people who purposely ruin it, maybe you could delete their post? Like we could ignore their post and a mod can just delete it.

Also people make mistakes, those people will eventually learn from their mistakes... hopefully.

Everything else is fine, I'm fine with the mods post and we reset. I'm fine with the 1 2 1 2 rule. The editing rule. Blah blah blah rule.

Were not talking about the rules.

Yes we are. Gantic: This is a discussion thread regarding rules and gameplay of 'Count to 100'
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Okay, here's the proposal:

1: Ignore all intentional resets (by users). Do not ignore mistakes.
2. Count is not successful until after a moderator reviews it.
- Mod's word is final.
- It is not successful if a non-intentional reset is ignored.

Showing 1-15 of 242