ForumsNews and FeedbackHot new spam!-er, Quests!

9 5903
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

So as many of us know, a forum quest has been added. It's simple enough, post in the forum get a quest. Of course, the idea is to get more people to come to the forums and participate, however practice sometimes doesn't go as smoothly as thought.

Already people have been spamming comments (ex: "Just for a quest " "wat" etc.) in order to receive this quest.

So, I imagine, does this mean more crackdown on spam in the forums?

• 9 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I don't see a problem. Some of the newbies just don't know the 7 word rule yet since no one has been enforcing it nearly as much as before. If it is just meaningless spam, they'll be gone with one post and won't hang around constantly spamming like with the old system. It could be a pretty good idea, because the community needs a boost. I think the risk of having a one word post from a few newbies who will leave immediately is worth it if it can potentially add more activity.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

The majority who come for the quest won't stay.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

It's only been a few days, it could bring in more. It certainly won't hurt the amount of activity. I would only be concerned about spam if they add a few more simple ones like one for 10 posts, 25 posts, 50 posts ex. Maybe they could add a few for very high amounts of forum posts, but even that might bring in too much spam.
The one post thing I still think is rather harmless.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

Definitely wont be adding them for "25 posts", etc. The idea behind the site quests is to get users acquainted with the whole site -- adding friends, posting on forums, etc. In hopes they participate more with the community

There will be some that are geared towards events as well, so not just for using the site.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Agreed, there will be no reward for people spamming us. It's good to show people we have a forum though, and maybe if they like what they see they will come visit us more often.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

You can check the "Website Quests" thread in the Quests Forum @MattEmAngel... they are all listed there. =)

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

We're working on getting them in the main Quest page in the next few weeks.

GM1
GM1
2 posts
Nomad

This is the first time i have seen this forum on armor and I have been on for several months I just assumed it took you to the game forum too

Andelhofs
Andelhofs
743 posts
King

I play 4 years on ArmorGames, since that quest.... i visited the forums serveal times.... pointless ??? nah..http://i58.tinypic.com/r90tba.png

Showing 1-9 of 9