ForumsGamesGCCS: How to get a lvl 100 gem in less than 1 h

11 4369
r4lle
r4lle
7 posts
Farmer

First of all: sry for my bad english, hope you get my point anyways

I m lvl 2700 and havent perfect Talisman yet (+12 all skills)
Field: F1
Difficulty: Looming
Traits; only 7 Orblet

Taktic: Get enought mana for a lvl 70 gem before starting endurance (i did it with lvl 72 but 70 should be enought). since u only need lvl 70 u dont need 64-combine and stuff like this. using "u" tu upgrate your gems should be enought. When u start endurance build a dmg gem with amps worth 5-10% of your mana (not shure what is optimum needs to be testet. now enrage evry mana shard wavestone with 90+% of your curent mana and it will give you ~4x as much mana back. dont forget to upgrate your dmg gem to harvst all the mana befor the next mana shras wavestone apears.
thats it.
http://www.upload-pictures.de/bild.php/67109,100W37NE.png

• 11 Replies
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Whoa! It's something absoultely new, a big breakthrough in our research! Keep developing this method, you could for example check whether multiple damage skill works on mana shard gathering speed. We'll be probably able to reach really high grades by now

r4lle
r4lle
7 posts
Farmer

you can start this @ any gemgrade and will ALWAYS!! get ~+30 grades by this method, so grade 120+ should be ,np. if you optmice this method mb even more.

the exact vallue you get from a shard is: (starting mana stores in shard + (value of dropped gems))*orblets multiplier*mana pool multiplier.
so for a mana pool multiplier of 3,5 its 4,667 times the value you dropped. for higher mana pool even more

the gem you use for harvesting, should be b/y for max singel target dps. (yet, i have no idear whats the best mix) because most of the time i have much higher gems in amps (use tham to dropp at next shard wavestone). But after i dropped (and replaced them with lower grade gems) its most critical to deal max dmg.

and ther is the question how much value u should dropp. best would be if you finish harvesting in the same momend the next shard appears. but this is random ):.

sadly i have at my job a lot of work this weak, so no time to try thinks out.

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Fastest way to get version 1.20 Nice find.

Divarmor
Divarmor
11 posts
Blacksmith

@ r4lle

Well, the mana shard does only gain 105% of the mana dropped on it, as said in game. May be they changed it since you posted your reply. So it does take quite a bit of time to collect the mana afterwards... unless may be if you use the elaborated technique explained by the creator of this topic.

r4lle
r4lle
7 posts
Farmer

@Divarmor it still works the way i said.

just wanted to do a littlel test run and this is what happens: http://picload.org/image/cgddair/121.png.
it took me ~1,5 h.
i only uses "u" to upgrad my gems (just for mana farm to get a grade 75 dmg gem i used 16 comp). after this i used only shard farming, so i got 45 grades from it.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

One and a half hour is really fast! Was that looming? What was the max hp?

r4lle
r4lle
7 posts
Farmer

it was looming. max creeps hp was ~2e51. but i didnt pay attention to it, they didnt enter the screen.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Sure, your gem could have killed up to e56 monsters! But I was just curious, what the max hp in looming might be, I did only haunting-endurance runs

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

For clarity: the mana shard only gets 105% of value you bomb with, it's all mana gain multipliers that are applied when you get mana from a shard (and it's a nice boost non-premium when you get a good multiplier like 1.5+).

So jumping on the abuse it before it's patched out train:

http://i.imgur.com/VsVFpAQ.jpg

So I started with g62 (30 minutes pre-endurance), should probably up that. Kept up fine for a while, but had a dry 300 waves of no mana shards. I aimed for having enough mana to throw in 4 to 6 of my highest level gem (try for the higher end), that's 3 gem upgrades + amp upgrade + enough mana to do the same on the next shard...

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Wanted a change of scenery from last time so f2:

http://i.imgur.com/vdKgOQo.jpg

Talisman isn't the best yet, grabbed 16 90+ pieces earlier, kept 2. Have +15 all skills, but freeze duration boosts are lacking (14sec minimum, recharge 7 sec). WoE is at 50odd%. Oh, 120% mana shard collection.

Same story, things are going great, get two mana pool levels per shard, then a 300 wave dry spell. At the end, you're looking at 10^55 hp on that map (looming, no hardeners). Started endurance with a g72 amped by 70s, got to mid-90 grade (good for 10^45, wraiths and spires were in the 50s by wave 600).

Could farm more hits on kill gem (1 mill, could use a few more black levels), a few other things to try I guess. Also fewer mobs would probably mean more mana/time (a bit of lag, mana didn't gather 3/9x faster with speed change). Optimization = 0, but unless there's a factor of 1000 in there somewhere, won't be enough. The end was in sight, but it wasn't the 90 minutes advertised

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Something missing from this pic of E6:

http://i.imgur.com/O0wHPqD.jpg

Wave 997 was normal reavers, they were 10^51 hp. Worst was the 10^52 possessed giants before that, they spawned 10^51 + 10^48 regen swarmlings, so I did use that venom shrine a bit.

Was very friendly on xp/mana pool/whatever. 3 hours real time, though it was on auto-pilot a lot, I might have missed some mana pool opportunities I optimized nothing, angered a giant wave to 10^22 armor, parked them on my u-button mana trap for 45 minutes (varies, I can't do 1000s with multiple traps and such, unless I want SPF instead of FPS). Kill gem farmed to 20M hits, final multiplier of 50k, 10^48 damage.

Was looking dire in the late 800s/early 900s for two reasons: creep hp caught up to damage and no mana for 200 waves prior, then two within 10 waves and another before I'd vacuumed up the 10^31 lying around, so a while without upgrading and some missed opportunity. For 10^50+ spires/wraiths...had to take down like 4 of those.

As far as mana pools, I spent about 1/10 of it on gems this time, and scored 35 grades off 15 or so of them.

So yay, 1/10 of a level worth of experience

Showing 1-11 of 11