ForumsGamesThe Last Stand - Dead Zone - How broken are rare infected spawns ?

6 12259
Surdus
Surdus
10 posts
Constable

So, i got back into the game. Left some months ago because it became boring. I've seen that there are Infected Bounties, now. Pretty nice, considering what you could get as reward.

Well, if you actually can complete the bounties, that is. Tried it the first time. Completed it just in time. Failed the second, third and fourth attempt. Why ? Because the infected i needed to kill in that very short 24h timespan just wouldnt show up. Military Infected, HERC Infected ... they just seem to hide. And i really tried. Equipped "Martial Law in the Apocalypse" to get 46% percent more rare infected. And how many showed up ? 1 military infected in roughly 15 missions (time for returning is about 3-4 hours in my level range).

So i sacrificed a "Martial Law in the Apocalypse" +99% for 30 minutes. Guess what i got ? ONLY police infected spawned. Nothing else. Proof ? Sure:

http://s7.directupload.net/images/140817/f3767glw.jpg

It seems that the game already decides what kind of z's in your mission spawn before you even start it. Completing the bounties as someone of a higher level is already unfairly difficult compared to lower levels in terms of returning times. Now the infected, you need for the bounty, even wont show up.

There should be some compensation for this. Like; You choose to accept or decline a infected bounty challenge. When you accept it; The higher your level is, the higher the chance rare infected show up is. Or ... You simply need less rare infected to kill the longer your return time is. Something like this would be nice.

Like it is now i wont bother trying to complete infected bounties.

Edit: English isnt my first language. Edited spelling errors and odd grammar.

• 6 Replies
Twinkisme
Twinkisme
1 posts
Nomad

im sorry for you men :d What are you additional language?

CrazyJay516
CrazyJay516
1 posts
Farmer

The exact same thing happens to me and it is awful

Palombe
Palombe
1 posts
Peasant

I noticed exactly the same thing, the game operates frustration: sometimes I still have 1 "Herc" and I raise the missions again and again, I find everything except what I want every day it's the same thing, I decided to abandon the system of "bounties".

Too bad, the idea was good, but again, the financial greed of the publisher decided something else, the most logical conclusion is that the missions "bounties" relate exclusively to players who paid for the "Deathmobile" or buying pallets of fuel to the shop.

Surdus
Surdus
10 posts
Constable

Yeah, this is odd. By logic special rare infected should be easier to encounter in zones, where they belong to. Like; Military Infected in military bases, HERC infected in Streets and Parks (Because there are HERC tents), Police infected in police stations and so on.

I have no clue why they didnt do that. It seems completely random.

Timoteo32
Timoteo32
1 posts
Peasant

Once upon a time I was part of a thread in the con artist forum where we were charing which ones were helped by Martial Law and which ones were actually hurt by it. But you'd have to look for the thread, it was like a year ago if it's even still there. :/

Showing 1-5 of 6