ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Profile Notifications Disabled?

5 1918
Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Hi there,

Tonight, all of a sudden, the profile notifications appear not to function anymore. It tells me that I have some to review, but when I click on the little reddish-pink talk balloon to show the notification list, it doesn't load a list. And its not that it tries to load a list and can't, its that the notification tab does load but the list just isn't present.

Is this just me? Or is disqus having issues?

Extra information: I did try closing everything, clearing cookies etc, and reloading. None of that changed anything.

More information: I've noticed that posts in the comments sections under games are appearing out of temporal sequence. Also, posts made yesterday are showing up as 9 days old, which is also weird. So I'm assuming something more is going on...

• 5 Replies
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Disqus has recently updated, it's still quite buggy.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Buggy is an understatement lol, this is just missing and broken features.

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

This is what you get when you try to check your notifications:
http://i.imgur.com/wEiI6cZ.png

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

That is exactly the sort of thing going on. I am currently spending at least an hour each day navigating through weeks-old comment lists to try and find ongoing conversations which you only have instant access to through the notifications listing.

This is made worse by the 5-10 day lag for messages to appear combined with the site putting the messages in random order.

And in the meantime, I am perpetually told that I have tons of notifications waiting to be viewed.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Erile Let's give it the weekend and revisit the situation, they just pushed a new version and it's bound to have some issues. I can't say that our team is very happy with some of the changes made as well.

Showing 1-5 of 5