ForumsGamesGCCS - talisman / fragments / shadow cores

13 3348
Divarmor
Divarmor
11 posts
Blacksmith

Hey guys,

Can you please share your advanced knowledge on talisman / fragments / shadow cores ?

What are the best ways to farm fragments and shadow cores?
Of which fragments should the talisman be composed?
Other useful tips and tricks...

TYVM !

P.S. I know there were older topics created on this but nerfs have been implemented and I don't know if the info is more current or not so ...

• 13 Replies
Divarmor
Divarmor
11 posts
Blacksmith

I'm currently lvl 1,556. (in case wizard lvl matter to do the tachnique)

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

The best place to farm frags is Y6 and your WL should be enough to do it "quickly"
Y6, haunting, all traits maxed, 6 times the +10 booster
Two-trap setup, one with managem one with killgem
Use 1red,31black and 32 orange/yellow gem to farm and kill, no amps needed
enrage as much as you can from the start
as soon as you can handle it enrage to 999 monsters
farm until you have a gem grade 42-45, g42 is often enough, sometimes you miss the 6th fragment
build killgem, send all, do endurance as far u can get

sc farming: do all maps in haunting, don't invest in traits but shadow chase
just fast playing would give you a nice amount of sc

Divarmor
Divarmor
11 posts
Blacksmith

Much thanks sir!

Quick questions:

1) Is there a way to see how many frags were looted already? Where do they come from?

2) About SC farming, once this is done is there a trick to farm fast? ty

r4lle
r4lle
7 posts
Farmer

1. you can see your battel stats at the right top (left of the speed buttons). ther in the bottom you see you curent loot (sc and number of tf)

2. i did t7, x1 or x4 in looming with only shodow chaase maxed:
build one y/w/r (4/3/1), send all waves and upgrad the gem allway you got enought mana. should take you less than 1 min and gives you at your lvl 300-500 sc.
dont play endurance cause you wont kill so fast anymore.

Divarmor
Divarmor
11 posts
Blacksmith

That T7 map is amazing ! Many thanks for the tip ;o)

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

I haven't found anything better than Y6 for talisman parts. X4 I think is the only one with the same rarity, but that has the problem of auto-lose if you don't charge the pylons.

On Y6, I mana up to grade 32 or 34ish gems and build a kill gem from that (nothing fancy). Well a kill gem that in a tower with the 6 amps you can fit does at least 10^17 damage (all traits max mean last waves are hitting 10^19 or 10^20 hp). The reason why is you can get that by the 3rd or 4th mana infusion from mana lock then send all waves and come back in 5 minutes, you get all that done in 15-20 minutes. I didn't find endurance worth it as you have to pay attention there, same with using a gem in a kill trap (unsocketing on death and fliers and such).

Should be doable at 1500, even if you can't be so brazen about it. Between fliers and selling amulets you don't like (and I've trashed a lot of level 100 ones lol), you pay little or no cores each run.

Divarmor
Divarmor
11 posts
Blacksmith

Thanks for your input.

Y6 also has the advantage of not allowing beacons to sit with us ;o)

I just did one run and had to wait for wave 350 or something to finally get the 6th frag. No clue why it took so long. Only had 1 before even starting endurance. And overall it costs so much SC. I lost around 4-5 hundred I think on that run :s

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Wave 350 - that's ok. But when you enrage enough in the beginning, that shouldn't take too long
And yes: these runs cost sc but much less than upgrading a r100 to the max...

Divarmor
Divarmor
11 posts
Blacksmith

Hey Bilbo,

So what you don't upgrade frags lvl 100 to last rank?
Well I do ;o) (ofc when they are an upgrade to my current talisman by replacing a lower lvl or without '+1 to all skills' frag.

Anything I missed there?

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

I found it better not to anger early, just pick a wave to anger up to perma-freeze until you're ready to kill it. That might mean better chance of talisman in later waves which will be higher rarity, at least it seemed that way.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

I do upgrade my frags, but it is really expensive.
My talisman looks like that:
http://www.bilderhoster.net/safeforbilder/w9ahx3ga.jpg

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Alright, Y6 non-premium. You get something like 57-97 rarity with all traits and you have to be able to do about 100billion damage (tower preferred, you get unsocketing giants). Takes me about 30 waves to get to that so far.

I've gotten 3 amulets out of non-angered waves at 3x speed, I've seen one amulet on a run where I angered every wave... Of the 15 or so 60+ rarity I've seen, I've tossed all but one (circle with all skills, rarity in the 80s). High 80s can still have specific skills, not all skills, and freeze duration seems so rare.

Since you don't have shadows battle setting, it costs about 300 cores per run (you get 50-100, more with angering). Just doing any map glaring gets you at least a hundred, haven't picked a best one yet. I'll probably try messing with X4, at least it can be ended at any time

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

X4/5/17...whichever it is it wasn't so hot for cores. Wizard towers on O, Q and T are much better, 300-500 and can go through them just as fast. Also Y6 rarity is 47-97 with all traits, and it's not bad at level 1200, but not the send everything, freeze it, figure out what you need to kill it (not much) that premium is.

Showing 1-13 of 13