ForumsForum GamesInterest check: Skill based free roam RPG

19 7686
eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

In the year 4000 Earth relied with special pills called skill pills. Then two types of monsters appeared. The Elders that protect Earth, and the Doom who want to rule it. Both the Elders the Doom try to get humans on their side. Choose yours.

Hai! I'm an RPG maker hardened by several free roam RPGs and a single streamlined one. I'm teaming up with @lowco1 to make a skill based free roam RPG where you can either jump into the thick of things, kill monsters, and collect loot; or you can stay back, set up shop, hire NPCs and players to collect skill pills for you to sell in sets, and equip your allies. This game is heavily based on acquiring new skills and teamwork. You will enjoy it if you like full-on battle games, or the management-style RPGs.

The skill system(TSS)
TSS has three different types of skills: Active, Passive, and Joining. Active skills are used during battles to defeat your foes. Passive skills are an overall boost to your abilities as a character. Joining skills are mainly used to boost Active skills, but some Passive variants can be found. Each skill takes up one point, although some better ones may cost two or three. Your skill limit determines how many skills you can have at your current level. Skills come in sets that can be purchased from stores or created at your own. Skills cannot be added to your sets after those sets are initially created, unless done at a modification center for a higher price than if you just added them before you created the set.

I have a throbbing headache, so no char sheet for the interest check.

Questions? Feedback? Signups? Post below!

Q and A:
None yet!

• 19 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

This sounds interesting.

Tor_Che
Tor_Che
35 posts
Peasant

I'd join if this were to come out.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

Sign

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

I'd join

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I think i'l join instead of being the 3rd host

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Yes please.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

i might join. if i dont, you should use me as an NPC

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Wow! Everybody, expect the kickstarter/signup thread next Saturday! Anything anyone would love to see in the game?

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

References and space laz0rz

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

References are to be expected, just in moderation. Lasers are gonna be in the game for sure, no doubt on that.

Lowco1
Lowco1
1,035 posts
Nomad

Good post. I know what we should call it yet. We can call it Ultimate human.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

I'm sorry the kickstarter isn't up yet guys. I haven't had much time recently.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Sorry the thread isn't up yet guys, everything happened all at once in all of my forum games.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Sorry guys, potentes humanum signup will be up soon.

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

so what? if it suceeds, what are you going to do with it?

Showing 1-15 of 19