Forums → Game Walkthroughs → Kings Road - Tips and Tricks
For quite a while, I've been hooked on the latest developed MMO game from @RumbleGames...
The game has a great mixture of Adventure, RPG and Dungeon crawling, combined with a Multiplayer option. What more do you want?!
Right... tips! =)
So, I've been gathering some of the tips I found in-game and added several I personally think are worthy of mentioning in order to aide other fanatic Kings Road gamers. I divided them all into categories and will be adding more over time, either from myself, or from you! Simply post them in this thread and I will add them into this OP for others to benefit from! And remember, this is far from being complete, it is a work in progress...
TABLE OF CONTENTS :
1) Gathering Loot
__3.1) List of Enchanting Jewels
__3.2) List of Enchanting Materials
4) Battle Tactics
5) Character Boosting / Leveling Up
__5.1) List of Boosting Elixirs
GATHERING LOOT :
- Opening chests will always drop rare equipment. [In-Game]
- Lockboxes contain some of the best items in the game. Find them as quest rewards! [In-Game]
- If you have enough Gems to spend, do open chests early on at low levels to gain Armor, Weapons, Charms and Rings that will give you an advantage against enemies, boosts your stats to find more valuable items, Jewels/Prisms to enchant/fuse with or boosting Elixirs. Every chest has (usually) 3 items at least, so it might be worth it, especially early on! [MrDayCee]
- Limited-time events appear in KingsRoad all the time and offer epic rewards! Keep an eye out for new events whenever you log in. [In-Game]
- Item rarity is denoted by color. White common items are the least rare, while red artifact items are the rarest. [In-Game]
- Artifact-quality items are the rarest (and most powerful) in the game. Find them only during special events! [In-Game]
- Play through Dungeons to acquire set items. They are the very best equipment in the game! [In-Game]
- When you use the Forge, you have a chance to forge a rarer item than expected. [In-Game]
- Forge an item early by using gems to fill the empty slots. [In-Game] I personally like the easier way to save Gems; play one of the easy levels at the start and simply find some items to complete a set in forging. [MrDayCee]
- The level of the item crafted in the Forge is based on your current character level [In-Game] This means that if you are close to leveling up, you better wait with forging a new item untill you have! This can mean the difference between a great item and an awesome one... [MrDayCee]
- If you pick up armor items and you are in need of gold, always sell them separately, instead of forging them into a higher tier item to then sell them. The gain from selling them separately is always higher than the gain from the one higher tier forged item alone![MrDayCee]
- Enchanting enables you to customize the power of your equipment by socketing them with powerful jewels. Talk to Savra in town to learn more! [In-Game]
- Did you know that you can fuse, sacrifice, or evolve jewels already socketed in your equipment? Drag your equipment into the enchanting window and see! [In-Game] This is very helpful when you're low on Gold and wish to sell some equipment, but not losing the value of the Jewel socketed inside it. Simply use the Jewel from the equipment you're going to sell to level up another Jewel in your equipment. This way the gold cost is lower (Fusion costs less than Re-Socketing!) and you get to re-use the Jewel, rather than losing it when you sell the equipment! [MrDayCee]
- The higher level a Jewel is, the more Gold it will require to fuse it. Save Jewels that grant more fusion experience for later levels. [In-Game] Allthough this is correct, it may become difficult to hold on to such high experience Jewels if you have a limited amount of spaces in your Inventory and Vault. I've managed to store one particular high experienced Crescent Shaped Jewel for quite a while myself, but in the end it is easier to simply use them once they are gained during the early stages of the game. These type of Jewels will come around again later on when you have leveled up enough and can actually socket them into equipment, which is not possible during lower levels of your character. [MrDayCee]
List of Enchanting Jewels:
Attacking Stats Boosts (Triangle Shaped)
-Tristone of Damage (+x.xx% Damage) ~ Fusion Base Value: 7,500 XP (Fine), 13,500 XP (Superior)
-Tristone of Haste (+x.xx% Attack Speed) ~ Fusion Base Value: 7,500 XP (Fine), 13,500 XP (Superior)
-Tristone of Stun (+x.xx% Stun Chance) ~ Fusion Base Value: 7,500 XP (Fine), 13,500 XP (Superior)
-Tristone of Lifesteal (+x.xx% Lifesteal) ~ Fusion Base Value: 7,500 XP (Fine), 13,500 XP (Superior)
Defensive Stats Boosts (Circle Shaped) ~ Fusion Base Value: 9,000 XP
-Sphere of Armor Enhancement (+x.xx% Armor) ~ Fusion Base Value: 9,000 XP
-Sphere of Blocking (+x.xx% Blocking Chance) ~ Fusion Base Value: 9,000 XP
-Sphere of Dodge (+x.xx% Dodge Chance) ~ Fusion Base Value: 9,000 XP
-Sphere of Health (+x.xx Health) ~ Fusion Base Value: 9,000 XP
-Sphere of Parry (+x.xx% Parry Chance) ~ Fusion Base Value: 9,000 XP
-Sphere of Regeneration (+x.xx Health Per Sec) ~ Fusion Base Value: 9,000 XP
Score (Square Shaped)
-Radiant of Efficiency (+x.xx% Increased Score in Story And Dungeon Maps) ~ Fusion Base Value: 10,050 XP
Gathering / Fortune Stats Boosts (Crescent Moon Shaped)
-Crescent of Item Find (+x.xx% of Finding Items) ~ Fusion Base Value: 8,000 XP
-Crescent of Knowledge (+x.xx% XP Gain) ~ Fusion Base Value: 8,000 XP
Sacrificing Prism (Diamond Shaped) - Used for Sacrificing Fusion purposes only!
-Fine Common Prism ~ Fusion Base Value: 11,000 XP
-Fine Brilliant Prism ~ Fusion Base Value: 66,000 XP
-Superiour Brilliant Prism ~ Fusion Base Value: 99,000 XP
-Legendary Brilliant Prism ~ Fusion Base Value: 264,000 XP
Jewels from Emma's Tournament
These Jewels are to be collected in order to obtain certain high quality weapons, but... they can also be used to perform fusion with other Jewels mentioned above! Below the fusion values for these awarded Jewels:
-Superior Jewel - Fusion Base Value: 15,075 XP
-Epic Jewel - Fusion Bas Value: TBD...
-Legendary Jewel - Fusion Bas Value: TBD...
-Artifact Jewel - Fusion Bas Value: TBD...
Jewels from Town Square Events
These Jewels can be collected during Events from the Town Square Board or obtained by completing certain tasks in the Achievements list for these particular Events. They can be socketed to especially increase stats for these Events, or be used for fusion to enchant other Jewels.
-Tristone of Superiority (Fine) (+1% Damage to Enemies in "...Event Name..." and -1% Damage from Enemies in "...Event Name..." ~ Fusion Base Value: 12,060 XP
-Radiant of Efficiency (Epic) (+5% Increased Score in "...Event Name..." ~ Fusion Base Value: 20,100 XP
(!!!) Once an event is over and you have one or more Jewels which are especially for this event socketed into your equipment, you can use these Jewels for Fusion with other Jewels! This way you can benefit some more after the Event is closed and they are rendered useless for the other levels! (!!!) [MrDayCee]
- When a Jewel is at max level, you can bring it to Savra to evolve it and increase its quality and power. [In-Game]
- To evolve a Jewel, you need rare evolution materials dropped from some of the most powerful bosses in Alderstone. [In-Game]
List of Enchanting Materials:
# Enchanting Materials found in Breakables
-Crystal Powder - Fine Enchanting Material
# Enchanting Materials dropped from Bosses, Dungeons and Events
-Stone Powder - Common Enchanting Material (Bosses: Normal Mode Only)
-Pepper Stone - Common Enchanting Material (Bosses: Normal Mode Only)
-Quarry Bloom - Common Enchanting Material (Bosses: Normal Mode Only)
-Horn - Common Enchanting Material (Bosses: Normal Mode Only)
-Black Plume - Superior Enchanting Material (Bosses: Heroic Mode Only)
-Blue Scarab - Superior Enchanting Material (Bosses: Heroic Mode Only)
-Goldroot - Superior Enchanting Material (Bosses: Heroic Mode Only)
-Turquoise Fragment - Superior Enchanting Material (Bosses: Heroic Mode Only)
-Spider Eye - Epic Enchanting Material (Bosses: Champion Mode Only)
-Midnight Rose - Epic Enchanting Material (Bosses: Champion Mode Only)
-Silver Leaf - Epic Enchanting Material (Bosses: Champion Mode Only)
-Otherworldly Essence - Legendary Enchanting Material (Bosses: Champion Mode Only)
# Emma's Tournament - Found in Lockboxes from Champions in Emma's Tournament.
-Blue Oak - Common Enchanting Material
-Green Trisynth - Superiour Enchanting Material
-Purple Pearl - Epic Enchanting Material
# Soulstone Tournament - Found in Lockboxes from Champions in Soulstone Tournament.
-Bat Wing - Common Enchanting Material to Evolve Jewels
-Green Sludge - SuperiourEnchanting Material to Evolve Jewels
-Jar of Eyeballs - Epic Enchanting Material to Evolve Jewels
- If you have a high enough level with your character, it is better to Sell or Trash any Crystal Powder you gather. In my opinion, it only occupies a valuable spot in your inventory and you will only need it to evolve a maxed out Jewel. Once you do have a maxed out level Jewel and you want to evolve it, new Crystal Powder is easily found while exploring World, Dungeons and Event maps. [MrDayCee]
- Allthough the jewels are rather low leveled in the beginning once you start playing, try fusing additional jewels you find together into your jewel of choice! The fusion costs are cheap and it will quickly give you an advantage with whatever power the socketed jewel posesses! You will find yourself in battles that show you have quite an advantage over the enemy because of these jewels working your stats! [MrDayCee]
- Sacrificing a Jewel for fusion experience will permanently consume that Jewel. Be sure you no longer need your Jewels before sacrificing them! [In-Game]
- If you collected several jewels and want to fuse them all to boost an already socketed one, there is two ways to appraoch this action... 1) Fuse them all at once, which will cost a few gold less in total, or 2) Fuse them all separately, which will cost a fraction more gold, but will give you the chance of a 'Great Fuse' for every single jewel, which will lead to more XP on the fused jewel in total every time! [MrDayCee]
- Max level Superiour, Epic and Legendary Jewels can be sold for Gems! [In-Game]
BATTLE TACTICS :
- Right-click to move directly to a location without attacking. This command will ignore any enemies clicked on. [In-Game]
- Hold [SHIFT] before clicking to prevent movement. This is especially useful for Archers and Wizards who want to attack from afar. [In-Game]
- If you encounter a group of enemies that are strenghtened by a Flagbearer (Green = Healing, Blue = Armor or Red = Attack boosting), try luring the troops away from him by walking back a bit on the map. The troops will automatically follow to keep attacking you, but the Flagbearer keeps holding his position, thus loosing the boost capability for the troops as they get out of his range. This makes it easier to defeat the troops! [MrDayCee]
- The tactic explained in the previous tip works the same when encountering a "Healing Conjuror", who spawns a Healing Totem near your enemies, healing them when they stand beside it. Work the same way as explained above to have your enemies lured away from the Totem to make it loose the area of healing for them and you can defeat them more easily! [MrDayCee]
- Another good way to defeat troops that are strenghtened by a Flagbearer (of any kind) is to attack the Flagbearer first with a high powered attack untill he is dead, thus disabling his boosting capability and turning the rest of the troops back to their normal status and make them easier to defeat. [MrDayCee]
- When encountering an enemy that repeatedly calls for reinforcements, for example the Goblin pounding a drum, the Skeleton Shaman raising portals, or the Shroud Summoner creating a spawning vortex, be sure to attack that enemy first to ensure that the reinforcements are stopped being called for. Those reinforcement enemies give you no XP or Gold when defeated and they only make the battle more difficult. [MrDayCee]
- When encountering an Undead Archmage and he performs the slowing spell on an area you stand (the ground turns black and you are slowed down in movement, but your enemies are unaffected by it, use the "Charge" skill (when equipped) to quickly move out of this affected area! [MrDayCee]
- If you run low on health and have the healing capability for your character, but no healing Food items left to consume, try walking away from the battle once you are not engaged with an enemy. Simply wait a while for your health to grow to its maximum level again before engaging again. Even though this might sound really simple and quite obvious, it is one of the easiest ways to gain that extra help to finish the level and it is especially useful before engaging the level boss! [MrDayCee]
- If you run low on Food or Potion items facing a heavy battle and you do have enough Gold to buy new ones, simply wait to continue into that level, thus avoiding being engaged into the battle, and access the shop to buy new supplies. This is possible while playing a level and does not require you to return to town first! [MrDayCee]
- Level end Bosses usually have a distinct attacking pattern in which they fight you. Try to learn this pattern and avoid the biggest attacks they perform, then attack them in between their attacks or during smaller ones. This is very useful if you are low on Food and Drinks to aide your recovery and stronger Bosses. [MrDayCee]
- When encountering "Pestilisks" (those prehistoric armored creatures), always walk out of the poison pool they create first and then attack them. This way you can avoid loosing health while battling them. [MrDayCee]
- When encountering so-called "Bone Piles" in levels as "The Burial Grounds" and "The Forsaken Sanctuary", make sure to always destroy those as quickly as possible, before a priest will ressurect undead from them. This will decrease the number of enemies you will have to face, which is especially useful at the End Boss situation! [MrDayCee]
CHARACTER BOOSTING / LEVELING UP :
- Upgrade your existing skills to increase their effectiveness. (Duh...) [In-Game]
- Having trouble defeating enemies in a dungeon map? Try equipping set items! The more pieces of a set you wear, the more bonuses you receive. [In-Game]
- Passive skills increase your hero's base stats and can make the difference in a difficult battle. [In-Game]
- Try to put a lot of skill points into the passive Armor Upgrade skill especially. (available approximately around level 10) This passive skill prooves to be very effective once you have gained and equipped a lot of Armored or Armor boosting items. The increasing percentage works for every piece of Armor, even the boosting rings for example, so your Armor gain can increase significantly with this boost that gives you protection against the heavier attacking enemies weilding large weapons against you. [MrDayCee]
List of Boosting Elixirs:
* Healing Potion : Restores 100% of your health. Cooldown: 1 second.
* Rejuvenation Potion : Restores 100% of your Health and Mana. Cooldown: 1 second.
* Elixir of Experience : Earn 200% more Experience for 30 Minutes.
* Greater Elixir of Experience : Earn 250% more Experience for 45 Minutes for you and your party.
* Elixir of Damage : Increase Damage by 50% for 30 Minutes.
* Greater Elixir of Damage : Increase Damage by 55% for 45 Minutes for you and your party.
* Elixir of Item Find : Greatly Increases Gold and Items Drops for the next 30 Minutes.
* Greater Elixir of Item Find : Greatly Increases Gold and Items Drops for the next 45 Minutes for you and your party.
* Elixir of Avoidance : Grants 50% chance to Dodge or Parry all attacks for 30 Minutes.
* Greater Elixir of Avoidance : Grants 55% chance to Dodge or Parry all attacks for 45 Minutes for you and your party.
* Elixir of Cooldown Reduction : Reduces Skill Cooldown Times by 50% for 30 Minutes.
* Greater Elixir of Cooldown Reduction : Reduces Skill Cooldown Times by 55% for 45 Minutes for you and your party.
* Elixir of Mana Regeneration : Greatly increases Mana Regeneration for 30 Minutes.
* Greater Elixir of Mana Regeneration : Greatly increases Mana Regeneration for 45 Minutes for you and your party.
* Elixir of the Ice Drake : Summons an Ice Drake for 10 Minutes that attacks and slows enemies. Effect ends if the Drake dies, you die or you change maps. Can only have 1 Drake active at a time. Cooldown: 3 seconds.
* Elixir of the Bear : Summons a Bear for 10 Minutes that attacks enemies and buffs your damage by 15%. Effect ends if the Bear dies, you die or you change maps. Can only have 1 Bear active at a time. Cooldown: 3 seconds.
* Premium Fireworks : Light Up the Skies of Alderstone! (Effect unknown up to this point...)
Recently New Added:
* Witch's Brew : Polymorphs Enemies around you within a 1000 unit radius for 7 seconds. Cooldown: 10 seconds.
* Ghost Potion : Summons 3 friendly Ghosts to aide you in Battle for 30 seconds. Cooldown: 3 seconds.
(NOTE: Most potions also exist in smaller/minor versions that last for half their strenght and only for 2 minutes. They are often dropped during battles in Levels and Dungeons)
- Once you have liberated the Princess from captivity, she will grant you her free "Blessing". This will boost your experience gain during Levels, Dungeons and Events to double the amount and the 200% lasts for 15 minutes. If you want to exploit this free boost even further, try holding on to any experience boosting Potion you have untill you can use the "Blessing" again and then use them both at the same time, thus boosting your experience gain even more! [MrDayCee
- Once enemies drop armor and weapons during a battle, always pick those up! Once your inventory is full, make a choice on which item can be disgarded (if you can of course, items of value should always be saved untill you return to town) and trash this item, thus freeing up space for a new item. All items you pick up will count towards the achievement of "Picking Up 'x' Amount Of Loot", even if you trash it to free up space, it still counts! Once you reach a new rank in this achievement, you will earn gems, which are precious payment items you will definitely need in the game! [MrDayCee]
- Increase your end-level score by killing more enemies and breaking destructible objects like barrels. [In-Game]
- When playing a Level, Event or Dungeon, always destroy breakables as they count towards your Daily Achievement (if this is given) and Barrels ("Barrel Buster" and Chickens ("Chicken Slayer" count towards your overall "Great Feats" achievements! [MrDayCee]
- You can Turn off damage numbers and enemy health bars in the options menu if you need to improve game performance. [In-Game]
- 34 Replies
I have a question, is it safe to sell enchanting material from the tournaments if we didnt use it?
I think there's a mistake. In the Gathering Loot section it says Artifact-quality items are the rarest (and most powerful) in the game. Find them only during special events! [In-Game], whereas it should be MYTHIC-quality items are the rarest (and most powerful) in the game. Find them only during special events! [In-Game].
Can anyone tell me what the Candy Canes are for????
What should I do with my legendary items that i dont use anymore?
You must be logged in to post a reply!