ForumsSupport Forum[SOLVED] problems with flash player

1 2294
treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

not sure which section this belongs in so if a mod or admin thinks it should be moved, feel free to do so.

anyway, i was just playing a game over at kongregate (would post this here but after trying to load battle pirates here the issue isn't just that one website.) and now all of a sudden firefox (could possibly affect other browser i guess) is locking up on just about any page with anything flash related on it until i stop the plugin via either the popup box asking if i want to do so or by task manager.

before anyone says to go update my flash, its already up to date so i don't think its that unless they updated it just a few minutes ago. i also keep adblock plus on too so i don't think its related to ads (though i could be wrong >.&gt.

anyone else having this problem? it literally just started happening a few minutes ago for me.

edit: and it looks like i just needed to restart this dumb laptop -_- sorry for wasting peoples time

• 1 Reply
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Haha. That was the first thing I was going to suggest when I was reading this before I saw your edit.

Firefox has memory leaks, so if you keep it open for too long it will start to hang. You can just shut down Firefox instead of restarting your laptop, unless you have like 1000 hrs of uptime, in which case, you should restart your laptop.

Locking this as it is solved.

Showing 1-1 of 1