Nintendo just tried to make a tablet and failed
If you agree post here

• 7 Replies
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

@bob5442

Say what now? Do you own a 2DS? Have you used a 2DS? You evidently don't know what one is, so I'll tell you: it's a 3DS without the 3D or the clamshell design, aimed at children or those on a lower budget. I have one and it's excellent.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

The only thing related with the 2DS and a tablet is the touch screen and I'm pretty sure Nintendo came with that first, though I'm not 100% sure.

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

I myself use a 2DS. It functions very much as normal albeit bulkier. The reason I buy one is because I was financially unstable and just needed a machine for Pokemon.

Like what 09philj said, its directed for children whose budget is lower compared to adults or old teens. Also, it was released closely alongside the release of the Pokemon games so that players have a less expensive option if they just wanted to play the specific game. (I'm an example)

I really want to hear arguments from you why the 2DS is a fail, and like philj, I really want to know if you actually used a 2DS or even own one to make such statements like this.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Also if we're talking about the 'dumbest gaming fails ever' then let me bring up the Virtual Boy.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRVw1tSMM1rQnVYq4w7QB4_7zNi3w7duiWTo-6iYDc1VxQUMlIxmAJF9k

And yes, they specifically made for it to be mobile. Could you imagine walking around with that thing on?

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Also if we're talking about the 'dumbest gaming fails ever' then let me bring up the Virtual Boy.
And yes, they specifically made for it to be mobile. Could you imagine walking around with that thing on?

Game Theory did a good episode about why the virtual boy was a failure. Largely, it was because most of the effort was going into the next "regular" console.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Largely, it was because most of the effort was going into the next "regular" console.

Idk I feel like the fact that it made people physically sick if they had it on for more than like 5 minutes played a big role in its failure
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Idk I feel like the fact that it made people physically sick if they had it on for more than like 5 minutes played a big role in its failure

It only did that because no real effort went into it.
Showing 1-7 of 7