ForumsGamesShut Up about Xbox One vs PS4 graphics

6 3806
thebeast782
thebeast782
63 posts
Nomad

Is every about the bloody graphics.... "Hey, PS4 is better than XBone One with 1080p vs 940p." or some crap like that. Look you cant tell the difference with having both consoles, no difference!

Lets take an example, um.... Wolfenstien: The New Order

gs_thumby.jpg[url=http://static4.gamespot.com/uploads/screen_kubrick/1535/15355393/2538015-gs_thumby.jpg]

Is there a difference?

Look, i dont care about this, its the gameplay that counts
Leave a comment below on what you think.
Just stop man.... stop.

• 6 Replies
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

lrn2link pls

Yes there is a difference between 1080p and 940p. This difference in capabilities may not be a huge deal now, but by the end of this console generation it's gonna be much more significant.

Look at the graphics on TES: Oblivion, then look at TES: Skyrim. Same console generation. If the Xbox One is already falling behind, then this lack of power will have a larger effect in 5 years.

AirborneRanger78
AirborneRanger78
1 posts
Nomad

So far I've played Ghosts and Destiny Beta on both Xbox One and PS4. I can personally tell you that on both a 60 inch plasma and a 32 inch lcd that there's literally no difference. Also 940p was only for the Destiny Beta, they've said the final release version WILL be 1080p. In fact the only graphical difference is that on PS4 the HUD will be 3D and will have animations to it, whereas the Xbox One will feature a 2D and static HUD. In other words, if it really makes that much of a difference to say that one's graphics is better than the others because the HUD is slightly different, then you might as well play everything on the PC and be the master race. I for one have a PS4 currently and am switching to the Xbox One due to the numerous crashes with games and applications on the PS4, not to mention I have many more friends playing on the Xbox One. Also, I like the Xbox's interface and Party Chat system much better than PS4. I first bought the PS4 because of the supposed superior framerate and graphics, but I've noticed no difference myself and as I said before frankly if graphics matter that much on console games then you might as well switch to PC. Console is more about the community and the game experience itself. PC players (I have many friends that are die-hard PC fans) seem to argue more about framerate and graphics much more, simply because on PC someone can easily dominate you in multiplayer simply because they have better graphics and render distance than you. With console it doesn't matter because the graphics are the same for everyone, making it a much more fair experience which seems to unite the community more as a whole. I've played on PC before and although I do plan to switch to PC one day, I simply don't have the funds at the moment to get a great PC that I won't be dissappointed with, and so for now console is a far more economical option. All in all, the main reason that I think people choose one console over the other for is simply who has more friends on which. It's no fun being one of only 3 friends on the PS4 who has no gaming preferences in common other than BF4. It gets boring fast, trust me. And also d_dude, While that is true they've already had articles where Microsoft unlocked much more processing power on the Xbox for developers to use, and I suspect that alone will help immensely. Either way, I'm switching to Xbox regardless of whether or not the graphics are worse. Sorry for the long post.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Graphics differences leads way to gameplay differences in the long run

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Wii U graphics are the best IMO.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

graphics are the lamest part of a game, i rather have a long good story wth great gameplay with terrible graphics, instead of a bad game with great graphics

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I think OoT is overrated. But that's just me.

~~~Darth Caedus

Showing 1-6 of 6