641 posts
Peasant

64 Spec Experiment. Recommend 16 O 48 B, Result N+5
1. (o+o)+o+o+(o+b)+(o+b)+(o+o+b)
2. 1+((o+o)+o+b+(b+b))
3. (b+o+b)+(b+b+b)
4. 3+((b+b)+(b+b+b))
5. Place G5 Aside.
6. (b+b)+b+b+b+(b+b)+(b+b)+(b+b+b)+(b+b+b+b)
7. 6+(b+o+b)+(b+b+b)
8. (o+o)+o+b+(b+b)
9. 8+(b+b)+b+b+b+b+(b+b)
10. 7+9
11. 5+10. Finis.

Result has....

0.15 leech less....

+0.06/hit level more...

than the 32 Spec + one U.

• 34 Replies
8thseaofrhye
8thseaofrhye
12 posts
Peasant

@bilboCGL and @astroshak:

Thanks for stepping in and bringing some diplomacy to the table. I was just really distressed when I wrote that.

@erile
Sorry once again for the harsh words, but I just don't want people like Thunderrider to be brought down, when they have done so much interesting and entertaining stuff for the gemcraft community.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Erile, the problem is that it will take at least twice as long to write (orange+black) etc, etc, instead of (o+b), ESPECIALLY since I am always tweaking it as I go along, it'd take forever to do. Thus O is a given orange, B can be blue or black, but since blue is neither used inside the mana gem nor the killgem, it must be black, which is heavily used in both. R can only mean red, there is no other variable it can fit in a *gem combining scheme,* eg, only gem color begins with R is red, thus it is red.

I apologize for the original post, but on armor games once 1-2 hours after the post is posted, it can no longer be edited. I tried my best, okay? And for all your complaints of people insulting your intelligence, you insulted me as well by saying "the guide could be easier to read, blah blah blah, why don't you edit the OP, blah blah blah.

I am sorry if I sound harsh, but since to create these formulas from scratch, I must have at least rudimentary intelligence, don't you think I'd have edited it if I could?

Again, this is aimed only to the grade 100+ maker people here. 0.8% better is not gonna help anyone who hasn't mastered the 64-combine, the 32-spec(s), and is over level 2500. It is accepted that people at this level know what (o), (b), (r), and (g) mean.

I'm sorry if its not clear for you but I do not have access to graphic-making programs, my paint attempt looked harder to understand than this, and I don't understand how to make a decently-easy-to-follow Tree Diagram on Github.

Now, about (g). (g) in Gemcraft should in my opinion, quite clearly, be a gem. Now in all the codes and formulas here, (g) means a duplicate of the original gem that is being used in a X-combine formula, where X is the number of duplicates.

Definitions:

X-Combine - X amount of duplicates combined together to make a gem N(any number) grades higher in mana cost, and N-1(any # minus 1 from it) grade level(displayed grade in info panel)

Eg: 64 combine uses 64 duplicates of the original gem(or 63 copies + the original), increases the mana value of the gem 64 times(+6 grades) and increases the Grade Level by 5.

Likewise, 16 combine uses 16 duplicates to increase the mana value 16x(4 grades) and increase the Grade Level by 3.

X-Spec: X is the number of grade 1s present in the formula. Spec means it is the initial formula to create a Superior gem with massive specials that will then be used in the X-Combine formulas.

Eg: 32-Spec is made of 32 grade 1s combined such as to be massively superior to a non-supergemmed(combining N grade with N-1 grade) gem of the same value. Result: Grade 5, G6 equivalent mana cost.

gXe: X is a number. E means equivalent. GXe means Grade X equivalent, or the gem has the same cost as gem grade X.

Eg: G85e = Grade 85 mana cost, but likely a lower grade level(say, G70).

I hope this helps you some.

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Illustrator is weird because it's something adobe actually does better than everyone else. Hope you were sitting down to read that.

For simple things, there's flow chart apps like dia or https://www.lucidchart.com/ then you can look at vector art stuff like libre office draw, google sketch or inkscape. All free, all have tons of other uses, there's a version for every kind of OS there is, etc...

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Why do I get the impression that the Org Chart is perhaps the best way on that lucidchart.com site to depict high-count gem specs and upgrades?

Showing 31-34 of 34