ForumsThe TavernNationStates

22 14651
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So here's a fun little thing I found while being bored, I found a website called NationStates. It's basically a nation simulation game where you control a country based on your political views on certain kinds of debates. You can care for your people, or try and kill them off. It's up to you. It's actually really fun and I'm not really the political type.

I made this thread, basically discussing on how your nation is doing, what national issues you have come across, and what the outcome of your decision was, as well as introduce you all to NationStates.

Also, if a mod feels like this thread should move to the WEPR, feel free to do so. I just wasn't sure on where to put this.

• 22 Replies
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Cool! I just joined, and my country is called The Constitutional Monarchy of Paregnum. What's yours?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Mine is the Republic of R2D21999. Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy. Civil Rights: Good Economy: All-Consuming Political Freedoms: Excellent.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Well that is an interesting game.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I just made mine and honestly, it was okay. I was expecting a bit more than just approving legislations but I guess I'm fine with this for now. By the way, mine is The Federal Republic of Night Flame.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

This is an interesting game.

The Democratic Republic of Philjia welcomes you!

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I have created a region just for us.

Name: Pact of Armor
Password: I swear on the f1st of iron

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I have created a region just for us.

>_> Well, about that, there's already We Have Borscht, complete with 27 nations. And me in charge. And strange conversations.

Maybe I'll send one of my clones there.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

there's already We Have Borscht, complete with 27 nations. And me in charge.

So that means there's already an AG-exclusive region on NationStates? Whaa.....?
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

So that means there's already an AG-exclusive region on NationStates? Whaa.....?

Not quite exclusive. The founder of the region is a friend of mine without an AG account, but I mentioned We Have Borsht to a few people on this site, and they all decided to join it. And here we are.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

It's relatively exclusive, ONLY TO THOSE COOL ENOUGH TO KNOW what Borscht is.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Not quite exclusive. The founder of the region is a friend of mine without an AG account, but I mentioned We Have Borsht to a few people on this site, and they all decided to join it. And here we are.

Ohhh, okay.
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

And by the way, I have just made a (wait, fourth?) account on NationStates, this time, using that account to make a new region called The Elitists. I'm just letting everyone know!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I tried creating an Imperium of Man style splinter, ala Warhammer 40k. I think I got most of it right. Except the private sector.

The Empire of The Anathema
Psychotic Dictatorship
Motto: "Ave Dominus Nox"
Civil Rights: Unheard Of
Economy: Fragile
Political Freedom: Rare

The Empire of The Anathema is a fledgling, safe nation, remarkable for its restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, cynical population of 5 million The Anathemen are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, moralistic, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Education and Social Welfare are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 44%, but much higher for the wealthy. A small but healthy private sector is led by the Pizza Delivery industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Door-to-door Insurance Sales.

Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Anathema's national animal is the Thunder Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Credit.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I'll propose an embassy from my region to yours, then. The delegate there is my main region, but I've got a couple puppets.

Oh, and Nicho, we're always open And I'm always recruiting...

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I haven't actually played in a while. I would go back but there would be SO many issues.

Unless I've been gone too long.

Never mind apparently I only got 5 issues.

Showing 1-15 of 22