ForumsGamesGC:CS New math guy and new recipes soon :)

22 5742
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Let me introduce @12345ieee - guy who is just like me interested in maths and programming. He wrote (with little help of mine) really good version of spec and combine computation software. We're working now on 128-spec for mana gems, next will be (much harder) hopefully more efficient spec and combine for killgems. I'll post all results of our research here.

Below is link to git repository with high quality C code we use. Howto will be provided soon.
git repository

gist with 64-spec for amp-focused managem and 8-spec for amps - right, amp should be value 8 for value 64 managem!

• 22 Replies
12345ieee
12345ieee
135 posts
Farmer

I'll put here a link to the new thread: http://armorgames.com/community/thread/12361363/gccs-new-gem-recipes-are-finished-and-ready-to-use

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Basically, there is a managem in there, 128 spec, that has its "intended" 16 spec amps.

There is also a 64 spec killgem there , with its "intended" 10 spec amps.

The idea is that you would use your favorite upgrade technique on all of them in order to maintain the "correct" grade relationship between the trap and its supporting amps. They were carefully calculated as a set to get the most mana (or the most kill power) for your mana spent.

I have not run any comparisons between the killgem I was using and the new 64 spec killgem, but I'm liking it. The 128 spec managem is roughly 66% stronger than the 32 spec black-oriented v2 managem that psorek created, at only four times the cost.

I think, given my initial mana budget, that in future endurance runs I may just use the 64 spec killgem, 128 spec managem, and the old 64 combine amps.

Speaking of the 64 gem upgrade, he has a new one, that is around 2% (per iteration) stronger than the old.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

So let me get this straight?

The best amp is 64 combine or 13 combine?

The gem spec to be used is now orange oriented??? I'm really confused here.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

I did a 1024 combine! Is it supposed to be G+8? (G1 go to G9, etc).

If it is, woohoo

Took me some 25 minutes. Lots of duplication opportunities...

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

The best amp is the biggest combine you can do. If you could get psorek or ieee to generate an 8129 combine upgrade, then that would be the best amp (and best upgrade) you could do, though it would cost one heck of a lot to do it.

1024 is a +8/+10 upgrade. It raises the gem by 8 displayed Grades, and the cost by 10 grades.

I'm playing a game, in endurance right now, using the "intended" amps - the 10c killgem amp, and the 16c mana amp. All of my gems, the 64 spec killgem, the 10c killgem amp, the 128 spec managem, the 16c mana amp, have all been subjected to the old 64c upgrade each time.

In future games I play, I'm just going to start with the 64c amps, rather than the 10c and 16c. I really don't care about the relative cost between amp and gem. If I could do the 1024 in a reasonable amount of time, I'd be looking at doing that (Borthelcash was suggesting using the 64c amps to start, then when you get a lot of mana, and around the cost of a grade 100 gem, replace those with 1024c amps, because someone suggested months ago that the 1024c upgrade really takes too long to get the mana for, slowing down mana acquisition). But, I've yet to really learn it myself ..

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Its actually 8192. Best would be a wicked hard 65,536 one(2^16).

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Err, yea .. silly typo.

Showing 16-22 of 22