ForumsSupport Forum[Fixed] How do I find my account number?

6 1949
TheWicken
TheWicken
8 posts
Nomad

I play GOTA and am trying to submit a support ticket but they need my Amorgames account number. I checked the forum post relevant to my topic and it said "click on your user name and find "all comments" and in the URL is your user number. NO such animal. I've posted 2 comments, one in my profile and one in the "newbies, Welcome" section and still it only says next to user/TheWicken. I tried checking/clicking other users to see if something would give me thir user ID number and nothing. Help! I really need to get my account straightened out with Disruptor Beam but it's impossible without the Amorgames user ID number.

• 6 Replies
TheWicken
TheWicken
8 posts
Nomad

Here is the C&P from the sticky.
"Simple process, easy to find. Simply click on your username, and go to all comments. Pay attention to the URL in the address bar. It will say something like "show/######/user". Whatever the number is in those symbols is the id number you were when you first created your account."

When I click on my username, there is no "all comments" listed and nothing but "TheWicken" in the URL. This was posted back in 09. Did I miss something?

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

You didn't miss anything. We recently switched to a new commenting system, so the 'show all comments' technique no longer works.

I've poked around and I can't find a way to get at your account number either. I'll let @Ferret know about this and hopefully we can get this resolved. But it sounds like GOTA needs to update their instructions, at the very least.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I think I can help out @Moegreche, but I need to switch to my laptop and dig there. Can't look for coding on my phone @TheWicken. Hang on a few minutes... =)

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@TheWicken I believe it's 6736998.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@TheWicken I can confirm it is 6736998! Found it in the profile codes... just like @Ferret said! =)

TheWicken
TheWicken
8 posts
Nomad

Awesome!. Thanks guys. I really appreciate the help. Thought about checking the coding but I don't know enough about it to be sure. thanks again.

Showing 1-6 of 6