ForumsSupport ForumWhat's keeping Phage War Live from loading my login?

3 1735
doghouse44
doghouse44
8 posts
Nomad

Greetings.

I beg some forgiveness here for a bit of a ramble at the start...

I ran across a game from another developer called Darkbase Defense Reloaded. I was shooting away and somehow I managed to move the browser aside and behind the window was a dialog box that, as I recall (poorly) was asking me to assign or accept certain system settings that would allow for better game play or some such blather. I normally don't like to go that route so I closed it all down with responses indicating, "no, don't want that stuff" and went on with the game.

Now the meat...

That game will now not load on my machine. The game will open, but the play "box" is blank white space.

In Phage War Live my issue is the in game log in does not work. Other similar posts seem to be what I'm dealing with, but reloading the game and cash do not seem to fix the problem. Logging in from "outside" a game obviously works.

Thanks.

I don't know if the setting interface I was clicking through was graphics directed, cookie specific, or some other background control that I'm ignorant of. Does anyone have any idea what I'm seeing?

I'm running a current build of Pale Moon as a browser on an i5 Win7 box. These problems seem to carry over to IE 11.0.9 as well.

Thanks for any insights shared.

d

• 3 Replies
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

I'm wondering if that dialogue box was the plugin asking to use additional memory. Some things need to have unlimited access to disk storage in order to work properly. As long as the plugin (e.g. flash or whatever) is updated, it should be safe to allow this.

You might want to try right-clicking in the game window and poking around in your setting. If there's an option to enable hardware acceleration, make sure that's checked. And if you option to move a slider for allowable memory, move it all the way to the right to 'unlimited'.

I'm kind of doubtful this will work, but it's at least a (hopefully!) plausible first step in resolving your issue. Just let us know here on the off chance it does work.

doghouse44
doghouse44
8 posts
Nomad

Thanks. Can't seem to find the dialog to set hardware accel... getting old. Was that accessible through control panel?

Phage Wars Live still shows Log In box while in PWL, even after loging into Armorgames... might be a moot point as it seems no one is checking in for a fight. Folks skittish about head to head play?

doghouse44
doghouse44
8 posts
Nomad

A bit more to the puzzle. I have a slower Vista lappy that I'm able to log into Armorgames. When Logged in, and then opening Phage Wars Live, I see my "shield" and name in place of the log in. That's good. On my i5 Win7 box I've fiddled with the flash global settings and now it's allowing my log in, prior to opening PWL, to be active in the game. (Still no one playing )

I wonder how much local memory/storage I should allocate to Armorgames, anyone have an answer for that?

Thanks

Showing 1-3 of 3