ForumsGamesDestiny Review, PS4 SPOILER!

5 1832
thebeast782
thebeast782
63 posts
Nomad

I dont know what to say about this. This was so hyped, and this was a....(send your angry emails at angryguy@whatdidyousayaboutDestiny?) a average shooter. yeah, it is as much as i regret to say but this was OverHyped.

Pro's

Now by gameplay, this game play's so smooth, you feel every bit of it, as much the bad@ss weapons are, there are only some good things. Until level 20, you can get some pretty good loot, say a space Borderlands loot system (oh wait the Pre-Sequel is coming, WELL I DONT CARE) so thats all right. I do like the art style of it as the group who were in charge of it did a great job. There is so much to look at, including THE TITLE SCREEN! we will get into that. But, Gameplay and Graphics get a pass.

Cons

We all know what it is, is the ending, what a cheap ending. just see the ending and find out that $500,000,000 went into this. bullcrap.
The Stranger just give's you a gun and... bye!

The Story ...... NOTHING IS EXPLAINED! WHAT THE HELL IS THE TRAVELLER, THE DARKNESS? EVERYTHING IS PUSHED ASIDE FOR DLC, I'M NOT KIDDING, FIND SOME TRAILERS AND SOME OF THE CONTENT IS NOT EVEN IN THE GAME! I'M GOING TO WASTE £15.00 FOR THIS? NO, NO,NO!

Please, dont mess this up!

Now, as i talked about the leveling up.... above 20, it's so f%$*ing annoying!
You cant get anything you want, the weapons that are Legendary look the same as average. The loading in this is so Long, Longer than Thief.

When people use one-shot kill weapons, it just annoys me, why have them in it anyway?

There are so many things that are wrong about this but what that i love about this is that one of my favourite Game Of Thrones cast, for you're Ghost, figure it out.

But, beside that this game is really quite weak compared to what they said.

So some may think this is harsh but this gets a...........................................

6/10

Look, say what you want, this my opinion leave you're opinion down below
and to Bungie.... No, to Activision, why did you force Bungie to release this and then add pointless DLC, (Oh its the story) Well, WHY DID YOU NOT INCLUDE IT- forget it, some nerd will rage down below.

But.... Please let the DLC be better than the story... please.

Have a nice day. Please dont rage

• 5 Replies
Firekiller55
Firekiller55
190 posts
Nomad

I agree it should be a 7/!0

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

About the ending and all...They are planning on releasing more and more as the game progresses, for free I believe. So don't worry, there will be much, much more to the campaign. Though I do think that they should really have added a bit more to the campaign at launch. They plan to update the franchise over the course of 10 years and 5 games, but they will be updating this one with more story, just sit tight and wait is all that can be done.

~Manly

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

No, to Activision, why did you force Bungie to release this

It's not even really Bungie anymore. Bungie is just a name now; the talent has moved on, mostly to 343.
They are planning on releasing more and more as the game progresses, for free I believe.

Have you seen the Queen's Wrath thing that they released? It's not new content aside from a few cosmetics. No new actual content.

And Bungie did remove major plot points from the main game. I remember a specific cutscene on Earth with the Queen's brother that is nowhere to be found within the game.

Now, as i talked about the leveling up.... above 20, it's so f%$*ing annoying!

Leveling doesn't get all that bad until like 23-24 and the max level is 30 right now so it's not really a big deal. Just git gud and do the raid. By the way the raid is really amazing. It's an actual challenge, not artificial difficulty bullet sponge challenge like most of the game. Sadly, there's only one raid.

But.... Please let the DLC be better than the story... please.

The DLC IS the story.

When people use one-shot kill weapons, it just annoys me, why have them in it anyway?

If you're getting rekt by fusion rifles, you need to once again git gud and learn to strafe. They are cheap but easily countered. Shotguns are only OP because of the way the maps are designed, and they are getting nerfed soon.

Destiny without PS+ is a 3/10, with it it's around 7.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Have you seen the Queen's Wrath thing that they released?

*sigh* yeah, that was very disappointing. Still, my brother has been following Destiny very closely for a long time. Their community manager posted a timeline for the next month or two as to what they'll be releasing and it looks promising. Hopefully the queens wrath crap was just a little extra thing on the side, which would be fine, but if that's typical of what the new story missions will be (which I don't think it is) then that would be a game killer.

~Manly
TennesseeBoy
TennesseeBoy
20 posts
Farmer

I can tell you right now, it's an average game and everyone knows it. However, all of my friends and I play it anyways. I've just hit level 30 and I've played almost every day since it's been released. Yes, it's average and it lacks depth, levels, and excitement, but they did do something right with how they made the game revolve around teamwork. If you have a lot of Destiny gamers on your friends list, you end up having a lot of fun with them.

Showing 1-5 of 5