ForumsGamesKing of Towers: Rampant Hacking?

16 12700
Zaptue
Zaptue
15 posts
Shepherd

I've been playing King of Towers for some time now. I've got my kingdom level up to 49, and have spent more than I should have on making my kingdom competitive in my Ancient Tree server. I'm currently stuck at number two in the fighting pits for one highly irritating reason: the number one player absolutely is using a hack to force my forces to redeploy in the order that gives him maximum advantage in all four sections of the fight! We are close enough in power that I should be able to trade the number 1 spot back and forth with him with a large degree of success... but it won't happen until I drastically outspend him to get far enough ahead that he can't beat me even with this all-too-popular hack. I've reported the cheating to the developer's website, and have gotten no answer. Does anyone have any ideas about how to combat this without resorting to hacks, which I will never do?

• 16 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Zaptue I'm looping in @Tasselfoot, but unsure what we can do about this on our end. Do you know the username in question? Where did you report the cheating on the dev's website?

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

As ferret mentions... which player is this? And, are you sure it's a hack? If he is attacking you, he can just modify his lineup to counteract yours.

There was another user who had potential issues... but it looks like you are aware of that one, as you replied to the thread. If you can let me know the user, I can have Shinezone investigate. If you do not wish to state the username publicly, you can email me at tasselfoot@armorgames.com
/* */

-Tass

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Thanks Tass.

treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

well, that wasn't the least bit surprising. a quick google search for "king of towers hacked" (minus the quotation marks of course) shows 3 youtube links and a blog with trainers and other stuff for hacking this game. i won't post the links here but if you'd like me to give them so you can pass them on to shinezone to look into i'll send them via that email link you posted here.

hmmm... 3 youtube videos (of likely numerous others), a blogspot site, a facebook page, and 2 others which i'm fairly certain from the site name alone are sites for game hacks, all of which were the first 7 links to appear on google. again, not surprising in the slightest.

Zaptue
Zaptue
15 posts
Shepherd

Thanks for the responses all ! The player in question has apparently stopped using the hack. Now I can actually attack him without having my forces redeployed . It was sure irritating to issue orders, for example, for the warriors to attack in the top row, archers next, cannon next, and mages at the bottom, only to see them deploy for the fight in the order that let my opponent have a favorable matchup in all four rows!

DJennerVIII
DJennerVIII
3 posts
Jester

Wow! Nice Zaptue & all, and you don't even know me! Perhaps, before you accuse someone of something like this you had better be sure. I have no clue what you are talking about and I would love someone to investigate it.

You lost because you had less soldiers each time. I guess you failed to mention that fact. In fact the last time I beat you, I had some leftover diamonds and put them into 2 barrack upgrades because I could tell you weren't upgrading them at the same pace. I also saw you were spending a lot and knew it would be my last time in 1st. There was no chance with any formation (kindly ask Shinezone to publish the battle stats of any of the matchups and have anyone knoweledgeable confirm this.). I wasn't even trying to match up bro!

My nick is DJennerVIII in case any of you other sympathizers want to verify any of this, or think I am trying to hide. What really sucks is to play the game properly and fairly and see this crap. "The player has stopped using the hack" .... translation, you spent enough to go from the 30k range in soldiers to 45k and beat me . You will beat me every time with 4K more soldiers and 20-30K more BP. I won't even try tonight, as I'd rather have the 75 honor than a sure loss. I don't really need the extra 2 DSC as I am starting to run out of things to upgrade.

Been a hard core gamer forever, (finished every tower defense imagineable) and have always taken the most difficult path (try Icewind Dale heart of fury mode for fun). I am not a hack. I spent what I had to in order to play MY game and finish Oblivions and any other levels they come up with, without any potenz bomb or crap like that. Stuck on CrossRoads now and I have 67K tower fort. Now that other peeps have attained OC, some have obtained full stars with under 20k tower fort. Bombs away. Btw if I was a hack, I certainly would be a lot better than the charlatan Zap is describing.

One more question to all of you, is the title of this post really necessary? Especially if you have invested money in the game? Also, are the hacks not on the FB version? Been on Armor for a long time, they seem fairly tight.

Anyways no hard feelings all. Happy gaming all.

Zaptue
Zaptue
15 posts
Shepherd

No offense to you DJennerVIII and all... but actions speak louder than words man. If it makes ya feel any better, you are far from the only one using whatever it was that let you "match up" every time, even in our little server . Sorry you got bu**hurt and all, but lesson for next time is probably forego the cheese you see on facebook and/or google, and play the game without outside "help."
This game is the most interesting tower defense game I've seen by far, with all the different choices available . Unfortunately, its interest factor also seems to appeal to the crowd that likes to take shortcuts. The game is rather far from "tight," based on the number of links in google for "trainers," "cheats," and "hacks." When I see inexplicable behavior in the game after noting all the hacks out there, I tend to draw the obvious conclusion. If what I've seen is not cheating on your (and others) part, then you have my apology. Still, I don't think I'll be dining on crow any time soon.

treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

and with these last 2 posts we see it might have simply been a case of pay to win (hello there, micro-transactions) rather than hacks or maybe i'm mistaken. all i can say in regards to what you may find via a simple google search is this: there is no such thing as a unhackable program.

Zaptue
Zaptue
15 posts
Shepherd

Lol Treos, make up your mind. Your first post sounds like you think there is tons of hacking going on, but your second post sounds like you think little to no hacking is happening. I'll be the first to sympathize with you free players regarding how frustrating it must be to go up against someone who actually buys things in games like this. Ya gotta keep in mind that those of us who &quotay to win" are the ones keeping the games going for everyone else though . Please try not to hate us paying players, there's too much hate in the world already!

DJennerVIII
DJennerVIII
3 posts
Jester

This is my last response, I refuse to waste any more time. Despite apologetic overtones, your response is once again, insulting and unthoughtful, further infuriating an innocent. You fail to think before you speak and act, and fail to see the consequences and implications of what you imply.

Case in point, even in the response to Treos above, you fail to see that it is clear he is referring to THIS case and not hacking in general. You even ask him to make up his mind, he doesn't say anything like "you think little to no hacking is happening" in fact his response is open ended and implies there is a good chance it exists. Where is the hate of P2P you mention? Do you just say whatever to make your self-fulfilling point? You love this game yet look at the title "KOT Rampant hacking". Why would you even spend big dollars after writing this?

The lesson here is to not accuse people in a public forum. AG and Shinezone could have been emailed privately. I have asked Shinezone to investigate the alleged action. So kindly do the same if you have any more accusations to throw.

Calipso69
Calipso69
1 posts
Peasant

I'm waiting to see promised apologies from Zaptue

Zaptue
Zaptue
15 posts
Shepherd

Sorry Calipso, I'm still waiting to hear news either way as to whether or not there was any hacking involved. If Shinezone posts a response indicating that the "auto matchup" phenomenon is some sort of bug, I'll be very quick to apologize to DJennerVIII. Unfortunately, the vociferous and repeated protestations incline me towards believing I may have hit the nail on the head, kind of like the quote from "Hamlet" that goes "Methinks the lady (or gentleman in this case) doth protest too much!"

@Degenerate: You seem pretty desperate to find fault where there is none in my posts. The louder and more angrily you engage in behavior like that, the more inclined I am to think I called you out on misbehavior you did, in fact, engage in. This is my last post on the topic also; there is little to gain in generating further animosity after calling you out, which was my sole, original purpose in starting this thread. Let's all move forward since it appears no response from the developers is to be had here.

ninmarilynfloyd
ninmarilynfloyd
3 posts
Blacksmith

Wow; the BoK tournament would have been more interesting if I had read this then, heh.

treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

pfft, nice necro post. >.> the last post in this thread was 2 months ago and your post can be summed up as "i disapprove of pay-to-win".

"Besides I doubt many people will see (or care about) my little diatribe anyway."

edit: also, no, not all mmo's are pay-to-win. path of exile and eutopia are but 2 such games (for different reasons).

thorashell
thorashell
1 posts
Peasant

I too have encountered a hacker who is being rather blatant about it. Jason T. is not really a player at all given that he holds multiple accounts under the same name. I also noticed that when you fight him whatever the last creature was that you fought is the name and character displayed in the fighting pits. I think the people who run this should consider playing it as well and you would certainly notice these hackers and be able to respond to them better. Thanx

Showing 1-15 of 16