ForumsForum GamesHow Gantic Are You? | Is Over!

236 109015
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Welcome to How Gantic Are You? the quiz thread game show that measures your Gantessence. This is a highly accurate patented process. Get ready to prove your Ganticness with Gantickery and Ganticisms. Are you a Ganticable Gantoid? or a Ganticious Gantian? Find out now!

Sign-ups are open until 10-20 spots are filled or 1 week passes, whichever happens first. Please do not drop out in the middle of it. While signing up, please wager the amount of Gantic Points that you are the most Gantic of all Gantestants.

Gantestants will be scored with Gantic Points up to the final round.
Gantestants with low Gantic Points at the end of the round may be eliminated.
Gantestants may complete secret challenges to win bonus Gantic Points.

ROSTER:
10 apldeap123
40 Darkfire45
20 evilsweetblock
all JACKinbigletters
50 Lowco1
all MattEmAngel
32 Nerdsoft
9/10 nivlac724
25 pangtongshu
26 Patrick2011
10 R2D21999
08 Reton8
20 riku_ullman
3/4 StormWalker
26 TheMostManlyMan

()_() Gantic has taken over this thread.
(-ò_ó) Long live the Rabbit King!
o(")_(") Great is the White One!

• 236 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,774 posts
Chamberlain

Are you Steffen? Are you Larry?
Is your growl very scary?

Phew, glad that's all over now!

~Manly

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,774 posts
Chamberlain

Too late to edit so I'll just repost what I would have edited.

Are you Steffen? Are you Larry?
Is your roar very scary?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The following Gantestants have 2 days left to submit their answers.

@apldeap123
@JACKinbigletters
@Lowco1
@Nerdsoft
@pangtongshu
@Patrick2011

@Darkfire45: You can still change your mind in the next two days about dropping out.

@nivlac724: You can still submit to be scored.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

@Gantic

Two Days? So I have until Friday to post, right?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Yes. You have until Friday or before points are handed out. Points will be given out Saturday probably.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

@Gantic

Here's my post (Decided not to procrastinate. )

Are you Ne-Yo? Eat some Cheeto.
Or gobble some burrito!

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

@Gantic

I'm sooo excited! Can't wait for the results!

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Here's my entry:

Are you an Allosaur?
Are you a Forumnautosaur?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

This is the last chance to look over your submissions to make sure they fit the criteria. Minimum criteria is the mention of 1 dinosaur. No dinosaur = No credit.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

I mentions one dinosaur, so I get le credit

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@evilsweetblock: Clarification: 1 dinosaur that has not already been mentioned in the original verses.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Edited version of my post.

Are you Acro? Are you Pyro?
Like to eat some yummy gyro?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

What I was looking for was something that fit the rhythm of the verse. The most common meter is trochaic, if I am not mistaken, but there are other meters going on. As long as it was a bit singsongy, it didn't matter much.

As for the sense of humor, it's mostly relating things that don't really make much sense related to dinosaurs. Papadopoulos (misspelled in the verses) is a common Greek surname. 'tenis' and 'zapatos' are 'tennis shoes' and 'shoes' in Spanish. #YOLO 'nuff said. Ostro and Sirocco are types of winds. namby-pamby-o and bankylo are the sort of rhymes with added syllables just to make it rhyme better. Can't remember if there is a word for it.

Alternative formats is self-explanatory.

Secret bonus? Notice how the first 11 verses are approximately all the same length? They're all 25 characters long! I could have continued this to the other lines, but I got lazy.

SCORING
R2D21999 7 + 25
StormWalker 7 + 25
evilsweetblock 2
Reton8 10 + 25
riku_ullman 2
MattEmAngel 10 + 25
TheMostManlyMan 10 + 25
Patrick2011 2 + 50
apldeap123 10 + 25
Darkfire45 0
JACKinbigletters 0
Lowco1 0
Nerdsoft 0
pangtongshu 0

nivlac724 0

Scoring Summary:
R2D21999 - So close, but the second line has hiccups in it.
StormWalker - This one is very close, also. Partial bonus for not getting it quite right, but using an alternative format
evilsweetblock - Unfortunately, the T-Rex was the second dinosaur mentioned in the original verses.
Reton8 - Spot on!
riku_ullman - There are way too many syllables in the lines.
MattEmAngel - Hahaha
TheMostManlyMan - Confused, yet you submitted something that works, but I think the original one fit a bit better, which would have netted you 50 bonus points and made you the highest scoring of the round and moved you up 3 more ranks.
Patrick2011 - Missing syllables for the first line and it doesn't fit the meter well. Partial bonus for one line of 25 characters.
apldeap123 - 'gyro' is actually pronounced 'hero', but I will not fault your for that, because a lot of people get this wrong.

Darkfire45 is self-eliminated as he has left the competition.
Nerdsoft, unfortunately, you are eliminated for scoring the least amount of points this Round and having the lowest total Gantic Points of those who scored the lowest. You are not the most Gantic. You wagered 32 Gantic Points that you were the most Gantic. This means your final score is -23.

STANDINGS
STANDINGS
00282 JACKinbigletters +0
00124 riku_ullman +0
00117 Patrick2011 +1
00110 MattEmAngel -1
00061 apldeap123 +1
00053 Reton8 +1
00048 R2D21999 +1
00045 TheMostManlyMan +3
00037 StormWalker +5
00013 pangtongshu -1
00010 Lowco1 -1
00009 evilsweetblock +1

00040 Darkfire45
00000.4 nivlac724
-00023 Nerdsoft

Change in ranks is a bit deceptive as it is easier to move up ranks at low scores.

Round 3 will start soonish probably.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,774 posts
Chamberlain

Confused, yet you submitted something that works, but I think the original one fit a bit better, which would have netted you 50 bonus points and made you the highest scoring of the round and moved you up 3 more ranks.

I was questioning whether I made the right call or not from the moment I changed it. I thought growl didn't make much sense but then I realized that it did...

~Manly
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Round 3 is tentative right now. I know exactly what the round will be, but I'm don't know yet if I can post it. It might go up on Monday at the earliest.

Showing 106-120 of 236