ForumsNews and FeedbackWhat ever happened to getting name changes?

7 4698
DarkLink1133
DarkLink1133
6 posts
Nomad

been a long time since the beta of the new site ... and i was a liked suggestion ... so what happened to it?

• 7 Replies
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Its not that easy
It is possible, but it could cause some issues, so its a rare gift. As it is now you have two choices if you want to change your name:

- delete your current account (which is now possible) and create a new one, although this means you lost all and everything (game saves/progress, quests, comments, added firends, etc... all is gone then)

- solve 200 quests, then (and only then!) ask Ferret for a change, by using this way the majority of your account is still intact, but there is still a very high chance your MMO-accounts (if you have any) wont make the change, so most likely your MMO-progress is lost then.

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

i think they made name changing like that so people don't just change their name and avatar to make people think you are a different person.

DarkLink1133
DarkLink1133
6 posts
Nomad

me and mornings are not usually great friends and my typing is the result of it

why would i delete an account i had for years and love to stop by

and why cant we pay a small fee say 5-10 to change it?

oh and about adverts? why not $50 or more for a life time of no ads?

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

why would i delete an account i had for years and love to stop by

It was not a suggestion, only talking about the possibilitys

and why cant we pay a small fee say 5-10 to change it?

Well, feel free to suggest it^^

oh and about adverts? why not $50 or more for a life time of no ads?

Add free gaming is possible, its pretty new, they like to add new features, also longer periods are discussed... think lifetime is not on the list... again feel free to suggest it
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

If I could just add,

earning 200 quests was incredibly fun and challenging. I did not actually mean to have my username changed, but I decided to do it when I heard it was possible. I think going for 200 quests should be your choice! It's a real breeze!

Good luck! =)

amorboy
amorboy
1,255 posts
Shepherd

Hey what about winner of contests ? you guys create contests armatar contests and ... why not give the chance for changing names beside the prizes ? i think its cool

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Hey what about winner of contests ? you guys create contests armatar contests and ... why not give the chance for changing names beside the prizes ? i think its cool

Because changing usernames acts more like a cosmetic and informational thing than a reward. Merits are more for rewards. Also the fact that you can win multiple contests, might mean you can change your name multiple times. Which is not the ideal way of knowing the members of the AG community. That would be incredibly confusing for moderators and admins.

I think it's a good idea name change is only granted to users who are here long enough for 200 quests. It's also nice that people know who you were before you changed your name, which is only possible if you were known long enough for anybody to notice.

Though I think name change can also be granted for more urgent situations.

Showing 1-7 of 7