ForumsPopular MediaAny anime fans around here? XD

333 121308
elshobokshy
elshobokshy
159 posts
Nomad

Hey you! *offers two cookies, a cup of weird looking orange tea and some loliness ^____^*

Okay so I was just wondering, how much of an anime fan are you? Feel free to talk about anything anime related in this topic!

• 333 Replies
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Maybe it would be best if we only talked about shows that up to one of us has watched.........

~Manly

What, you mean like Pokemon? ...nothanks
Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

I'm fine talking about lots of shows, I just don't get the appeal of Black Butler's second season. You've recommended I finish it twice and another time used it as an excuse to ignore my opinion because it's "a big enough difference in the way we think for me to know that we just have completely different taste in television". I don't see why you like the second season.

If you want to talk about something else though we can. I know you've watched Death Note, Black Butler, FMA (not sure if you watched Brotherhood or the original), Attack on TItan, and SAO. We've already talked about three of them, that still leaves FMA and Attack on Titan both of which I like very much.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I'm just curious but has anyone here watched JoJo's Bizarre Adventure? If you haven't, then you should totally watch it. It is, in my opinion, a really good anime. The character design might seem a little weird but it is one of the factors which makes it uniquely JoJo.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

I'm just curious but has anyone here watched JoJo's Bizarre Adventure? If you haven't, then you should totally watch it. It is, in my opinion, a really good anime. The character design might seem a little weird but it is one of the factors which makes it uniquely JoJo.

I heard of that show. Heck, I think I watched it before. *does research*
Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Only the latest version and Stardust Crusaders. I haven't seen any of the older versions of the show so I only know the story up to the point where Jotaro makes it to Egypt.

Looks like Netflix recently added a few more animes to their streaming service. I've already watched Kotoura-san and recommend anyone that already has a Netflix account tries it. As for me, I've got 5 seasons of shows to kill time with (maybe 6 if I can get past the ridiculously over the top goofiness of Samurai Flamenco's first episode).

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

I finished FMA (not brotherhood) a few days ago, it's currently my second favorite show of all time. I did like Attack on Titan, but I was pretty apathetic about everyone and everything until about the last 10 episodes. On my list it's only ahead of two shows that I haven't and/or will never finish.

Bettydbricy
Bettydbricy
12 posts
Nomad

Sailor Moon, Conan Deetective,Doraemon

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

I have a question, and @Ishtaron you're most likely to be able to answer it.

I just finished FMA:B and after I watched The Conquerors of Shamballa I'm extremely hesitant to watch FMA:B's movie. Is it good, or at least less offensive than Conquerors of Shamballa?

~Manly

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Ditch SAO and go for some real anime.

First half of SAO - good
Second half of SAO - Hope you enjoy the rolling in crap

it's great, but it ain't Death Note great.

FMA:b >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Death Note

----

Now that we are all done talking about Shonen and can move on to some GROWN UP animu
Why are YOU not watching Katangatari RIGHT NOW?
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Sorry to say, but I've only watched two animes as of recent. Attack on Titan and Pokemon.

When I was little I watched Naruto on Cartoon Network. Where did it go? That show was great.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

I just finished FMA:B and after I watched The Conquerors of Shamballa I'm extremely hesitant to watch FMA:B's movie. Is it good, or at least less offensive than Conquerors of Shamballa?

I assume you're referring to the Star of Milos as it's the only other FMA movie I'm aware of. While it was released after Brotherhood it takes place at an undefined point during the series and isn't directly connected to either. It plays out as it's own story arc much like the movies for most animes (the Naruto movies, the Bleach films, and the Cowboy Bebop movie being good examples).

It's been a while since I watched it but what exactly did you find so offensive about Conquerors of Shamballa? It's about WWI Germans trying to gain an advantage through unusual means. Add a second I and that describes more American made movies and video games than I can count. That's basically the plot of every Indiana Jones film.

When I was little I watched Naruto on Cartoon Network. Where did it go? That show was great.

I'd like to say it died because "believe it!" was such an annoying catchphrase that even children wouldn't put up with it. In reality the show went on until a time skip where they changed the series to Naruto Shippuden. He's stopped shouting "believe it!" but now every few episodes results in dozens of episodes that are nothing but flashbacks to the original series which is possibly the worst filler of all time.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Offensive wasn't the right word, I had to get off before I could change it.

It wasn't offensive becuase of the setting, it was offensive to what was such a great series (maybe even better than Death Note, still deciding). The movie could have been forgivable if the ending wasn't so terrible.

The ending is was really killed it for me. I'll go ahead bad watch Star of Milo's since that, unlike the first movie, doesn't have the potential to ruin the show from which it was based.

~Manly

DaxterYx12
DaxterYx12
1 posts
Nomad

I'm an Anime fanatic! I love anime so much that when I watch it, I lost track of time. Btw People like me are called "Otaku". (^ o ^) http://stuffpoint.com/sukitte-ii-na-yo/image/159218-sukitte-ii-na-yo-yamato.jpg

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Btw People like me are called "Otaku". (^ o ^)

*weeaboo

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So just finished season one of Attack on Titan.

Wow, that ending left many of my questions unanswered. Then again, how else would they make more seasons if there were no more titans?

Showing 31-45 of 333