ForumsPopular MediaAny anime fans around here? XD

333 121271
elshobokshy
elshobokshy
159 posts
Nomad

Hey you! *offers two cookies, a cup of weird looking orange tea and some loliness ^____^*

Okay so I was just wondering, how much of an anime fan are you? Feel free to talk about anything anime related in this topic!

• 333 Replies
Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Maybe I'll check it out after I finish Nadia: The Secret Of Blue Water.

So far this season there's 4 new shows I'm watching. Kekkai Sensen is likely to be a fun shonen anime, although it probably won't be very innovative. Re-Kan is an excellent comedy. The perverted cat should have everyone laughing whenever he's on screen. Kyoukai no Rinne (or RIN-NE) comes from the same woman who created Ranma, Inuyasha, and a few other similar series so fans of her work will love this series. The fourth show is most definitely not appropriate for children so I won't talk about it in the forums. It's funny, but there's no way minors should watch it. Tentacles are involved, you probably shouldn't even watch if you're an adult.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I know what show you're talking about when you refer to those 'tentacles'. Seeing as I've read the manga, I do have to agree that minors shouldn't watch it but it does get toned down (slightly) after a while.

P.S: The show's name is Shokugeki no Souma for those out there who are wondering. :P

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Wether they finally come together is up for the anime to decide.

I finally watched A Certain Magical Index. I kind of doubt that Mikasa will get together with that guy.

Also I found out that there's a season 2 of Railgun. I of course must watch it.

Azrelle1
Azrelle1
1 posts
Peasant

Cool lots of anime fans here

XanderLOINS
XanderLOINS
7 posts
Shepherd

Just finished Parasyte the Maxim 9/10

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I finished the first season on Sword Art Online which was suggested to me by a friend. It was a great anime, however, I will say that the first few episodes kind of felt a bit random.

I've also seen the first episode of Kill la Kill which was also suggested to me. It's pretty great so far.

Right now however, I'm into the second season of A Certain Magical Index.

I have an anime problem, send help.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

You have a very serious anime problem @R2D2199 I mean just look at how low quality the anime you're watching is! What you really need is to watch Fullmetal Alchemist, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note and Angel Beats.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Death Note

I've been suggested this, but I cannot find a version that is free, has good quality, and can be watched on mobile.*

Other anime I've been suggested was RWBY, and some anime @StormWalker suggested. Probably some more I'm forgetting but whatever.

*It might work with the anime website I just found. I'll find out later.

DarknessX
DarknessX
2 posts
Nomad

Am i the only one who watches anime because of tentacles...?

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

@R2D21999 In reference to Death Note, it's very important to stop watching after episode 25. The whole thing went to hell after episode 25.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Sword Art Online

great anime

great

it's too late to save him

who will help me plan his funeral

And the anime I recommended was probably either Death Parade or Zankyou no Terror. I made Manly watch ZnT, I think he liked it.

edit: Oh, isn't the anime Darkfire's talking about that cooking anime where the main character cooks squid all the time and there are really weird scenes of half-naked girls getting honey poured on themselves or molested by disgusting peanut butter squid tentacles? I'm not planning on watching that.

People are recommending Kekkai Sensen and Owari no Seraph to me, though, so if one of you people are watching those, tell me what they're about pls

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Having watched Kekkai Sensen, I can definitely recommend it. It might seem a little chaotic but it's actually really fun to watch. If you care about the soundtrack, it's rather jazzy. I've also heard that this was made by the same author who did Trigun so if you liked that then I guess you should definitely watch this anime (although I haven't actually watched Trigun).

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

I have a friend who literally, the only thing he does is watching anime. Unfortunately, he says he doesn't like Armor Games.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Storm recommended I watch Death Parade..so I did.
God I really wanted to like.it..I really wanted it to be worthwhile..but it falls so short ;-;

Before.I begin, this anime.is very well made. The creators had an idea in mind and I loved it. The problem with that idea, though, is that they really didn't have a direction for it..or, to put it better, they didn't know where exactly to go with it.
This resulted in a lot of unanswered questions, unnecessary confusion, and an ending that felt all too hurried.

[[SPOILERS]]
In regards to the ending, I understand qt Nona created Decim as a sort of."test dummy" (huehue) to see how human emotions would make him judge people..but his emotions never really played a role until that very end when suddenly WHOOA WATCH OUT POW POW LOOK AT ALL THESE CONFLICTING EMOTIONS OF HIM WHAT IS GOING ON ARE YOU SAD? ARE YOU SAD? ARE YOU SAD? ARE YOU SAD?
(On top of that the arbitrars are shown to experience emotions. Although not so much sadness and joy but emotions nevertheless)
Another thing, for what real reason are we not allowed to know where some people end up? I understand they wanted to audience to reflect on what was witnessed by our main characters and for us to think about where we think they.might end up..but the effort.is made.completely moot by the fact that some of the decisions were given to the audience (or, at least, heavily implied).

Lastly, what is gained from all of this? What is the end point of the show? I can't find any sort.of attachment or care for the arbitrars as they are dummies, so the idea of him growing with.his human emotions means nothing..and that is overlooking how it was ultamitely a minor detail in the show.
There is no sort.of power struggle or moral struggle that happens, so bringing attention to Decim having human emotions doesn't do much other than bring about a "huh..interesting" reaction from me.
The main female character becomes an accessory at the end to the whole "WHOA SUDDENLY DECIM BEING MADE.WITH.HUMAN EMOTIONS IS A BIG DEAL" when he tried.tricking her into killing someone so he can decide if she goes into void or not.
My point is, if they had made his emotions actually play a part in the show from the.beginning, rather than at the end, or dropped the.idea of him having emotions all together, it would have made the show far stronger. Frankly, it shows that the writers were just riding off of the fact that the idea of playing a game to decide where you afterlife takes you was cool, then realized they had to make some sort.ofnplot from it.

P.s. why does the old man make a statement that "God is long dead" then never bring it up again? It creates completely unnecessary suspense and creates an unneeded ominous tone for him.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Oh, isn't the anime Darkfire's talking about that cooking anime where the main character cooks squid all the time and there are really weird scenes of half-naked girls getting honey poured on themselves or molested by disgusting peanut butter squid tentacles? I'm not planning on watching that.

Yes, he was responding to me. I've already promised to not name that anime on these forums because it is in no way appropriate for younger audiences. When you look at all the gory stuff I recommended back on page 1 that's a pretty big statement too. I have Elfen Lied on that list and this anime is too graphically sexual for me to even name here. Beware the tentacles.

People are recommending Kekkai Sensen and Owari no Seraph to me, though, so if one of you people are watching those, tell me what they're about pls

I haven't watched any of Owari no Seraph, but from the description it looks like an Attack on Titan knock-off. In Kekkai Sensen, New York City was enveloped by a portal to another dimension where mythical creatures are real and it was renamed Jerusalem's Lot. A kid was given the eyes of God at the cost of his sister's sight and joins a group of people with supernatural powers to find a cure for her. From there you get your typical shonen tropes and a bunch of gory action involving demons, aliens, and various supernatural beings. It's fun to watch, but nothing new.

Showing 136-150 of 333