ForumsPopular MediaAny anime fans around here? XD

333 121508
elshobokshy
elshobokshy
159 posts
Nomad

Hey you! *offers two cookies, a cup of weird looking orange tea and some loliness ^____^*

Okay so I was just wondering, how much of an anime fan are you? Feel free to talk about anything anime related in this topic!

• 333 Replies
Witigen
Witigen
306 posts
Scribe

The last episode for One-Punch Man comes out tomorrow! & . It's over. At least for the time being, anyway.It is so exciting! ERMAGERD!

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Saw both seasons of Psycho-Pass and I believe that is a really great show. The story is brilliant and the main antagonist is probably the best antagonist I've ever seen. Though the female protagonist is kind of annoying, but you'll get used to her as you sit through loads of fun and gore.

Now, that was season 1. Season 2 was kinda meh. I didn't like the antagonist in this season as much as I did in the first. It also wasn't as brilliant as the first. Also the ending sucked, which is definitely a letdown.

In short, season 1 of Psycho-Pass is great, while season 2 is mediocre.

Saphire24
Saphire24
3,114 posts
Scribe

I'm not a fam of OP man. Bit boring, sorry, my taste... RWBY is awesome! I like the food fight, and the opening for the secod(I think) series is the best! Since I was last here I have seen Fruits basket (ok) Towa No Quan (AWESOME), Akira movie (meh) Hunter X Hunter (cool) and Assassination classroom (undecided). They all had different things that made me love them, but I suggest you watch them. :P

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

well, it took me about 2 1/2 months, but I finally finished all 6 episodes of FLCL yesterday. I had been warned not to expect answers from that show but man, I wasn't expecting to be left That confused. It was okay, I didn't understand it enough to really say if it was good or bad.

~Manly

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

I'm not as much into anime as my brothers are, but I love watching (and more often playing) Yu-Gi-Oh!. It never gets old no matter which part you watch.
I used to watch Full Metal Alchemist and Bleach as a kid.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Just finished watching Norgami. Love the series. I'll be moving onto the next season now.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

For a long time, Hayao Miyazaki's movies (like Spirited Away or Princess Mononoke) were the only anime I'd seen. I had also seen Wolf's Rain, happened across it by chance; a rather nice anime as far as I remember.

Recently, by pure chance too, I had a look at Sword Art Online and ended up watching both series. I liked it, though the first story arc (Eps. 1-14) is still by far the best one imo, even though it has its flaws too.

I then thought I might as well start catching up on some of the well known animes I have heard about; I recently finished watching Death Note and just got started with Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I know there is an earlier anime adaptation to the manga, but I read that Brotherhood is generally better and especially true to the manga, so I thought I'd watch this one instead of the earlier version.

DoraDoraBoBora
DoraDoraBoBora
116 posts
Nomad

Gosh, I used to watch so much anime, but it's probably dating myself to say it was all Slayers and Trigun and Hellsing and Dragon Ball Z. Of course I watched a lot of Sailor Moon, too!

These days, while I've tried to watch some Naruto and One Piece to see what all the fuss is about (so... many... episodes...), I've really been gravitating towards comedy. I SO wish I had another season of Mr. Osomatsu, and Ore Monogatari has been surprisingly great too.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Currently watching Hunter X Hunter. So far, it's been great. Can't wait to finish it.

I'm also watching Berserk (2016). Though it's been a let down so far. The old anime and the movies were much better in telling the story of the great Guts. I'm fairly sure I'm not the only who is disappointed in the new adaptation. I've been looking around on youtube, and I can see a lot of videos explaining why the show is a let down so far. It has a lot to do with the way it's being directed and the way it's being portrayed on 3D animation. Though I do understand why they had to make it 3D. The movies have better 3D animation, and it leaves me wondering why the show can't produce the same kind of quality.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

I just finished season 2 of Tokyo Ghoul, and man, what a let down. I loved the series from the beginning to about half way through the second season. I know there are a lot of complaints about how it didn't follow the manga and how Kaneki was a whiner, but the only thing that really bothered me is that there was no closure, almost no questions were answered. There were so many "who's this guy? Who's that guy? What do they all want? What's the goal of Oagiri Tree?" The list goes on. The problem is really none of that was answered. If the third season manages to answer those questions, then probably I'll really love the show and highly recommend it. As it stands I can recommend it a bit, but not that much due to how they 'ended' it.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Hunter X Hunter is getting boring. -_-

Just passed the greed island arc, and I hope it gets better.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Currently watching Tokyo Ghoul!

Last4Skull
Last4Skull
2,265 posts
King

Wow I should watch or read it too.. Storm said me that the first season was something in paper format

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@Last4Skull It's alright so far. I'm at episode 9.

While I'm here I also want to mention I just finished watching 91 days. It's an amazing anime about the mafia. I would recommend it to anyone who has watched the godfather. This is like the anime version.

Last4Skull
Last4Skull
2,265 posts
King

@SirLegendary Hahaha sounds interesting

I started to watch Assasination Classroom a few days ago it's really funny in my opinion

Showing 301-315 of 333