ForumsPopular MediaAny anime fans around here? XD

340 22439
elshobokshy
elshobokshy
159 posts
Peasant

Hey you! *offers two cookies, a cup of weird looking orange tea and some loliness ^____^*

Okay so I just made an anime wiki on my site and I want to put in it mostly all anime that has ever existed :P You know, like wikipedia but just for anime, and there's no way in hell that someone can make a full database solo. So if you're interested in helping write on my profile. And of course, everyone helping will be in the credits of the wiki they'll be like admins :3

If you don't feel like helping you can just give me an idea about what would you like to see in a database only for anime ^_^

• 340 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,315 posts
Marquis

Hunter X Hunter is getting boring. -_-

Just passed the greed island arc, and I hope it gets better.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,315 posts
Marquis

Currently watching Tokyo Ghoul!

Last4Skull
Last4Skull
2,270 posts
King

Wow I should watch or read it too.. Storm said me that the first season was something in paper format

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,315 posts
Marquis

@Last4Skull It's alright so far. I'm at episode 9.

While I'm here I also want to mention I just finished watching 91 days. It's an amazing anime about the mafia. I would recommend it to anyone who has watched the godfather. This is like the anime version.

Last4Skull
Last4Skull
2,270 posts
King

@SirLegendary Hahaha sounds interesting

I started to watch Assasination Classroom a few days ago it's really funny in my opinion

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,315 posts
Marquis

Just finished the second season of Tokyo Ghoul. I'm so in love with the anime now. It's an amazing series that I'd recommend to anyone.

KatPryde
KatPryde
4,617 posts
Scribe

Yesterday I finished watching Assassination Classroom. Special thanks to @Last4Skull for the recommendation.

It was the first ever anime I've really watched, from beginning to end (setting aside random episodes of random shows that happened to be TV). I don't have much to which to compare it, but I liked it. Funny, but very sad ending...to the point of slightly ruining the show for me.

I think I'll continue watching shows/movies on the site I'm using (it's legal, yay ), in the order that they're listed (so long as it sounds like something I'd be interested in). So next up is .hack//SIGN. (I think. Wikipedia lists this as having been published first; the anime site seems to list the titles in this franchise in no particular order.)

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
819 posts
Templar

Brother and I recently watched last episode of Akame Ga Kill. Pretty awesome it was.
Not as good as YuGiOh! 5Ds I'll admit. Still good after nine years since creation.

Last4Skull
Last4Skull
2,270 posts
King

@KatPryde Hahaha I'm so glad you've finished it , I need to watch the season 2 personally
You're welcome it's always a pleasure sorry for the delayed response..
It was the same for me x'D in the past I only watched some episode here and here on the TV, it's really cooler to have the opportunity to watch them when we want in the order

Glad you liked it I think I know for the sad ending x'D but I will see

I'm glad you've been interested into watching others, about.hack//SIGN it's an old anime about people who've been stuck in a video games if I remember correctly there are many seasons with new char and stories related ^^ Enjoy It

@BalkanRenegades indeed if you liked 5d's take a look at Gx an at the first season if you haven't already did It's worth beginning of the First season was really nice

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
819 posts
Templar

@Last4Skull I watched whole 5Ds series, which is my personal favorite. Nowadays, I watch Zexal and ARC-V but they just don't have that appeal as 5Ds had.

And GX is really awesome. I loved the battle between Jaden and Crowler

shafaet
shafaet
481 posts
Jester

Re:Zero, anyone? No? *Slowly walks away*

KatPryde
KatPryde
4,617 posts
Scribe

From the basic plot summary, I thought I'd find .hack//SIGN more interesting. Found it pretty 'meh', to be honest. =\ Though the ending did make me a little teary-eyed.

There was a rather long stretch of time between when I started the show and finished the last seven episodes, due to the fact that the site I had been using moved the show to the subscription-only category. During this interlude, I watched, at the recommendation of @ScrewTheLag

• Akame ga Kill -- good show. violent.
  • Toradora! -- funny and sweet. would recommend.
  • Kill La Kill -- unusual animation style. did not make it past episode one.
  • Watamote -- my second-favorite show after Assassination Classroom. also now my first manga series.
  • Date A Live -- haremy harem show. only watched first season.
  • No Game No Life -- interesting concept. did not make it past episode 5 (or 6, can't remember).

Currently I'm watching ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Department. Six episodes in, I like it quite a bit (not least because it's a nice change of pace from the haremy high-school romcoms. )

Also, (back to the haremy high-school romcoms ) I finished Actually I Am... a couple of days ago. It's pretty cute and funny. Definitely recommendable.

greeble
greeble
18 posts
Peasant

Any tips on where to start for an Anime newbie? I've seen several Studio Ghibli films and loved them, so it's a good indication that I'll like the genre overall, but just looking for where to start!

HahiHa
HahiHa
7,749 posts
Grand Duke

Any tips on where to start for an Anime newbie? I've seen several Studio Ghibli films and loved them, so it's a good indication that I'll like the genre overall, but just looking for where to start!

As someone who also loves Hayao Miyazaki's movies but otherwise rarely watches anime, I would advise you to take a look at Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (haven't watched the original anime, but Brotherhood is closer to the manga anyway). I just recently binge-watched the whole series again, and it's still as great as the first time.
greeble
greeble
18 posts
Peasant

As someone who also loves Hayao Miyazaki's movies but otherwise rarely watches anime, I would advise you to take a look at Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (haven't watched the original anime, but Brotherhood is closer to the manga anyway). I just recently binge-watched the whole series again, and it's still as great as the first time.

Great, thank you I'll check it out!

Showing 316-330 of 340