ForumsPopular MediaAny anime fans around here? XD

340 22176
elshobokshy
elshobokshy
159 posts
Peasant

Hey you! *offers two cookies, a cup of weird looking orange tea and some loliness ^____^*

Okay so I just made an anime wiki on my site and I want to put in it mostly all anime that has ever existed :P You know, like wikipedia but just for anime, and there's no way in hell that someone can make a full database solo. So if you're interested in helping write on my profile. And of course, everyone helping will be in the credits of the wiki they'll be like admins :3

If you don't feel like helping you can just give me an idea about what would you like to see in a database only for anime ^_^

• 340 Replies
TheQuietGamer
TheQuietGamer
7 posts
Peasant

I used to watch a lot of anime back in the day. However, over the last few years I just kind of stopped. I'm just now starting to get back into it.

Currently watching Attack on Titan. I saw that they had the first five volumes of the manga in my school's library, so I decided on a whim to give it a shot because I had heard all of the hype. I fell in love with it almost immediately. Fantastic stuff. I highly recommend that people give it a read.

As for the anime, it's good, but it doesn't hold a candle to the manga. Which is weird because it's been following the events of it very closely. The problem is that it's just not as brutal. It pulls it's punches where the manga didn't. For example, whenever someone gets eaten by a titan in the manga, it shows all of the horrifying details. In the anime is mostly happens off-screen. Because of that the titans in the manga are scarier. It's literally an action-horror series while the anime is just an action series. At least so far.

That's not to say I'm not enjoying the anime. It's still good. I'm just disappointed is all.

Volt0r
Volt0r
5 posts
Scribe

Mayonnaise is a anime...? =U

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,480 posts
Herald

I just finished watching No Game, No Life and I have to say that I enjoyed it far more than I ever expected to. It starts off a bit on the cheesy side (I'm looking at you, chess episode) and it doesn't ever get over a couple of annoying tropes, specifically the main character's never losing and doing everything almost flawlessly the entire time, but even so it was fairly enjoyable. I'm sad to hear that there will likely not be a season two because it did end on a rather large cliffhanger.

paulhar1s50n
paulhar1s50n
25 posts
Peasant

Death Note is the best anime so far on my list. 2nd is Attack on Titan.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,345 posts
Constable

So I finished watching Re:Creators and it was quite enjoyable from start to finish. To be honest, it's a somewhat meta anime but don't let that detract you from the story itself. Every single character is fleshed out and are quite likeable (even if they might seem annoying at first).

Whilst there might be some action there are lots of exposition scenes which might bore you if you're just an action lover. However, to accompany the action is a really good soundtrack (with a certain song guaranteed to stick in your head). It's a pretty good anime overall.

KatPryde
KatPryde
4,516 posts
Scribe

It's been a while since I posted here.... Let's fix that.

ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Department: I really liked it a lot, but the last episode feels rushed and abrupt, as if the writer(s) didn't know until the very last minute that that would be the final episode.

Bananya -- Short (13 3-minutes episodes) show about kitties who live inside bananas. Adorable and worth every minutes.

Attack on Titan -- Watched the first season but dropped it in the middle of the second. Everything that can go wrong does go wrong, and it starts feeling like a really tiresome gimmick to make the story last as long as humanly possible.

My Hero Academia -- Really good show, though I started feeling, towards the end, that the second season was dragging on forever. If I hadn't enjoyed it as much as I did, I would've dropped it.

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU -- Loved this show: characters, plot, development. Very sad that it hasn't gotten a third season.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid -- Funny, though I wasn't expecting it to be as raunchy as it is...

KatPryde
KatPryde
4,516 posts
Scribe

Correction to the above post: I dropped Attack on Titan during the first season, not the second. It's a long season.... ._.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,822 posts
Herald

Currently watching Juunei Taisen, Dragonball Super and Black Clover

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,480 posts
Herald

I'm finally all caught up on RWBY. I've known about RWBY and how popular it is years ago but also heard rather mixed reviews about it, not to mention the art style really threw me off at the time. All that being said, I am very thoroughly enjoying it. Volumes one and two were a little slow and more of set up volumes, but still very enjoyable. Volume three is where most of the action takes place and it was nothing short of fantastic. The original creator, Monty Oum, died after he made volume three so volume four is pretty slow paced, understandably since the new writers are trying to cope with thier friend's death. Finally, currently airing is volume five which has significantly picked up the pace and it's looking like it's going to be a great volume so far.

KatPryde
KatPryde
4,516 posts
Scribe

Lately, I've rewatched .hack//SIGN, which I liked better than the first time I watched it.
Then I watched .hack//Legend of the Twilight, which was...mind-numbingly bad.

Showing 331-340 of 340