ForumsPopular MediaAny anime fans around here? XD

333 121275
elshobokshy
elshobokshy
159 posts
Nomad

Hey you! *offers two cookies, a cup of weird looking orange tea and some loliness ^____^*

Okay so I was just wondering, how much of an anime fan are you? Feel free to talk about anything anime related in this topic!

• 333 Replies
DarthTyrannausarus
DarthTyrannausarus
538 posts
Nomad

Honestly I read manga more than watch anime, only because the story is more clear and you can see what people draw up close. My favorite manga right now is one caller MAR, and it has a great story line and the artwork is amazing. I like to watch SAO, Naruto, Bleach, Attack on Titan, and a whole bunch of other stuff that I'm not gonna take the time to write down. I read Naruto, Bleach, MAR, and Deathnote.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester
DarthTyrannausarus
DarthTyrannausarus
538 posts
Nomad

Honestly I have no Idea what you are talking about. Is it on netflix?

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

That's the Japanese name for Attack on Titan.

And yes, it is on Netflix.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I've always preferred reading the manga to watching the anime. Just a personal choice. I remember when my local library started stocking manga, the first one I picked (more or less at random) to read was Bleach.
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/009/993/tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

My favorite anime ever will always be Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
But also a naruto lover!!!!! haha

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

RWBY on Rooster Teeth is really, really good. It's not strictly anime (Because it's American), but it shares a lot of the stylistic conventions associated with anime, and this happens in it:

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/207/2/0/rwby___ruby_rose_with_scythe_by_o121do1-d6evq3g.png

So frankly, who cares about minor details like that?

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Oh, and if you start to watch RWBY, start with the Red, White, Black, and Yellow trailers, because the first two are awesome, and the second two are awesome and contain story.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

So you bring up RWBY and you don't even mention that all of the weapons are guns? Yes, ALL of them. That giant scythe is also a high powered sniper rifle. Ok, so there's that loser John with the shield sheath and a regular sword. But no one pays attention to him during the fights.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I wanted the guns to be a surprise...

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

I know practically everything about Umineko no naku koro ni, Sword Art Online, Log Horizon, and Madoka Magica if there is anything you want to know.

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

I have recently finished watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

That was an awesome anime! As of right now, it's my favorite anime, but that's subject to change upon finishing Code Geass.

I'm also planning on watching the two compilation movies.

And after I finish Code Geass, I'm going on to watching Neon Genesis Evangelion!

TheFriendlyDuck
TheFriendlyDuck
24 posts
Nomad

Only thing I watch is Attack on Titan ^^

Isigna
Isigna
51 posts
Blacksmith

Watashi waaaa!!

My favourite animes are Shingeki no Kyojin (favourite ever), Ao no Exorcist, Kill la Kill. http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KuraraOkumura <--- This is my anime-lover account.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

I've never understood everyone's obsession with SnK(Attack on Titan). I mean yeah, it was good, but I didn't find it to be all that good.

I recently finished Naruto (except many of the last 85 episodes and am currently watching Naruto Shippuden. I always thought that Naruto was a kid's show. I've never been so very, very wrong. I'm really enjoying it.

When I catch up with what's been released dubbed I'll probably either start Cowboy Bebop or find out what's with all the fuss about Code Geass.

Showing 46-60 of 333